“Lovely Lily Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland
“Lovely Lily Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Firstly, apologies to Pascal and his wonderful staff for the late review. Secondly holidaying in the Maldives totally spoils you and you just want to keep returning.

We spent two weeks at Lily Beach last November. From start to finish it was excellent, first time we really felt like we could have stayed on holiday for another week. We stayed in a beach villa and it was lovely, immaculately clean, spacious and had everything we needed. On first day we had some big ants in the outdoor bathroom, no big deal as it's a tropical country. Called reception and immediately the 'exterminator' arrived to sort them out. They didn't return.

A couple of things we would have liked (these may have been remedied)... foot wash basin at front door and illuminated room numbers. Room numbers were difficult to see at night, especially if you had imbibed a few of the lovely cocktails!

It was our first time all inclusive and again that has totally spoiled us as it was excellent. All branded spirits, cocktail list was amazing. Cocktails by the pool came in the proper glasses (plastic for safety) which was a nice touch. The food was fantastic, Len you are a star.

Excellent house reef, snorkelling was fantastic. Hubby did his Padi OW when we were there, thanks to Mikki his instructor. Dive centre was excellent, I didn't scuba but was persuaded to try it by Pascal. I did and although I may not take it up, I really enjoyed it. Huge thanks to Bella at the dive centre for his patience and for looking after me.

We had our wedding blessing on 3rd November and it was an amazing day. Many thanks to Alina for the lovely service, it was beautiful, and thanks to each and every one of staff involved in making our day so special, we will never forget it and have hundreds of pics to remember it by, thank you all.

Watersports were excellent, a group of us hired the speedboat a couple of times to go manta spotting, we were lucky enough to see them, amazing. Thanks to Ali and the boys.

Two lovely swimming pools, the infinity pool is stunning, lovely double loungers, they are huge. Fantastic service at both pools, thanks to Charles, Peter and all the lovely guys who run the bars, you were amazing.

The weather in our first week wasn't brilliant but we didn't care as we found plenty to do and met some great people.

Thank you Lily Beach, we had the perfect holiday, hopefully we will return soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear JacDer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We are so happy to hear your positive feedback and that your stay with us was so lovely.

It was such a great pleasure having you with us and having you enjoyed a wonderful Maldivian experience.

We are very happy to hear that despite the weather conditions you had a lovely holiday. Certainly the snorkeling around the reef is fantastic but diving is really memorable in the Maldives and we are very glad that Hubby did his Padi OW here at our Ocean Pro diving center.

We are very grateful for all your constructive feedback as we are always trying to improve our service and facilities.

Thank you very much for the nice words about our staff, all of them mentioned above are very happy to hear from you.

We can't wait to have you back again soon!

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was the most beautiful place on earth that I have ever visited in my life. The resort was amazing. We were really lucky to get to stay in Lily's best villa - Sunset Water Suite, as the resort has only 4 villas of this kind and they're always fully booked. The Sunset Water Villa Suite is the most secluded and most romantic. The villa is equipped with everything you need from high quality amenities (Molton Brown), bathtub, private infinity pool, daybeds, comfortable bed, and your very own 180 degrees sunset view, with coral reefs that homes to beautiful fishes just off your balcony. There's TV in each room (bedroom, living room, bathroom), not that we really need them unless it's raining and there's absolutely nothing else to do except to cuddle in front of the TV with a glass of wine (free rental of DVD at front desk and the minibar is inclusive to the package - definitely drink til you drop deal). Special thanks to the wonderful GM, Mr. Pascal who got us this room. Last but not least, our trip couldn't have been this wonderful with out our Butler, Mr. Rameez. He really went above and beyond to make our trip an unforgettable experience. Thank you from the bottom our hearts for your kindness.

Room Tip: If you could, pick Sunset Water Suites. It's worth every dime.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Optimissie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Lily Beach with our Tripadvisor readers.
We are very happy to hear that you find Lily Beach “the most beautiful place on earth you ever visited”. Our Sunset Water Suite is a unique over-water living experience and we are very happy to hear that this experience made your holiday so romantic and grate.
Your positive feedback and kind words about our staff is much appreciated. Rameez was very happy to hear that you mentioned him in your review.He and all the team works very hard to ensure our guests have a fabulous stay with us.

Once again thank you for you kind review.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As my wife has already posted a review I wouldn't normally post one but when a resort is this good it seems only fair!!!! Having booked an alternative resort through Kuoni and being let down on availability we did a huge amount of research before booking Lily Beach. We were originally looking for the obligatory water villa but decided in the end to try and get the best resort we could within our budget even if it meant compromising and having a beach villa..... we certainly weren't disappointed with our choice!! Your holiday starts in the wonderful Lily Beach lounge watching sea planes take off and wondering just what that experience will be like, nothing to worry about there, a sea plane ride is one of the best plane rides you will have. Then you arrive at the hotel and are whisked to your fabulous room to be checked in, much better than going to reception. Then let the holiday begin, 20 yards of beautiful white sand take you to your allocated sunbeds on an amazingly quite beach with the sea lapping at your feet..... paradise doesn't quite do it! We have been lucky enough to stay at some fabulous places and enjoy some wonderful holidays but nothing quite compares to the luxury of Lilly beach. Then follows 10 days of wonderful food, service and luxury. All inclusive can sometimes mean slightly sweet, sugary cocktails and questionable food but not here, whatever drink you want, whatever food you enjoy you will be catered for. However, all of that pails in to insignificance when you look at the wonderful surroundings and fabulous staff. We both downloaded many books to our kindle expecting to spend the days soaking up the sun and reading but why would you want to read when you can just lie and soak up the amazing surroundings, snorkel in the beautiful sea, use the kayaks and get a free windsurfing lesson with the lovely staff (which was wasted on me as I couldn't even stand up!). Just a practical note here as well, my wife managed to fall off the windsurf and instantly bring up a huge swelling on her leg, not a problem when a few yards away was the on call doctor to deal with everything and reassure her that everything was ok. What else can I say, the Lily Maa restaurant served you wonderful food whenever you want, Go to Vibes and Aqva for lunch for marvellous a la carte, expect to find you a single malt whiskey and an espresso waiting for you in the bar after your evening meal etc etc etc. But the last word must go to the staff, who I think make a holiday, Jaleel looked after us brilliantly every evening, even carrying a table down on to the beach on the last night (without any prompting) to make the last night special for my wife. Many other staff were amazing, even down to the lovely cleaner at vibes bar, and the wonderful barman at spirit, I cant remember your name (hopefully the management at lily beach will, its the older shorter bald guy!! so sorry I don't remember your name, you are a star!!). To see this guy take the time to come out to the front of the resort to wave us off bought a tear to my wifes eye and was the perfect end to the perfect holiday!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JamesH869,

Please receive our warmest congratulations and sincere best wishes for your anniversary!
We are all very happy that you enjoyed so much your time with us and to hear that “nothing quite compares to the luxury of Lilly Beach”.
We would definitely pass your kind comment to Jaleel and to all our staff, they will be very happy to hear from you.

Once again thank you for this wonderful review.

We hope to see you again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love maldives so much as I love lily beach! I love the people, I love the foods, I love the sea, I love the birds outside my room, I love the friend people!
And I can't forget my room 123 & 304.
I can't forget the time on Lily beach!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Miyala,

Thank you so much for the lovely review shared on TripAdvisor for us.

It is a great delight for the team to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay at our resort.
We are very happy to hear that you liked the villas and that you cannot forget your holiday at Lily Beach.

Thank you once again for the review.

We look forward to having you back again soon for another great experience.

Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We always take 3 longhaul holidays a year and always chose 5*
After spending over a month reading so many reviews on tripadvisor we went ahead and booked lilybeach.
We travelled to Dubai for our first 5 nights( and stayed at the one and only residence and spa and the palm which are simply out of this world!) we also got engaged here as well.the one and only also made this so special for us without us even asking they served us champagne 2 nights in a row foc and also gave us a room upgrade. Just sensational service and for this reason it's our 5 th stay with them and we will be back again before xmas.you can read my separate review on this as if you are considering a twin centre it's the best hotel chain in Dubai.
Upon arriving at lily beach we had a warm welcome and were showed to our deluxe water villa, which was just divine (318).
After 4nights we moved to a beach villa which was also lovely.
The staff at this resort are superb and a true credit to lily beach. Personally we loved hanging at at aqua bar which was so peaceful and offered lovely lunchtime snacks.
I am vegetarian and do not eat fish, so found it quite repetitive with what I could eat ,especially in the evening and I often had to eat hot food from the kiddies corner.
I did find this slightly disappointing as I had emailed ahead and was ensured that the chef would be notified but not once was I approached!
We both felt that the food was good but not great, not 5* but we were staying for more than just the food anyway.
The snorkelling and house reef was just fantastic, great choice of spirits and cocktails and always served with a smile where ever you went.
I used the gym each day which was well equipped and I was always greeted by a lovely male member of staff who helped me select the music channel(anything to pass the time while running).
The reason why I did not rate this as a 5* was because we did leave the resort with a bad taste in our mouths, I will explain why.........
While researching into where to stay we took into account the hopeful chance of seeing a whale shark, so we booked this trip upon arriving a the resort costing around (£120 per person).
We fully understand that this is nature and that you are never guaranteed a sighting. ( we have done 3 safaris in Africa, cage diving with great white sharks and whale watching before so we were aware that nothing is ever guaranteed) on the day we went on the trip it was just ourselves and a family (that we had met previously).they had 2 boys with them aged approx 7 and 10
We began the trip by heading to manta point to look out for manta rays, unfortunately there was none around so the water sports lads (who are superb) said we would head around the other side of the island to see if we could spot a whale shark. As we proceeded more into the open ocean the sea was so rough we were all starting to feel a little unnerved. We passed 1 boat heading back and no others were in sight. The water was splashing in from the sides of the speed boat and we were all advised to put our life jackets on. At one point we hit a massive wave, the driver took his foot off the accelerator to ride through but the whole wave went over the top of us. This was scary and we have been on many boat trips in fairly rough seas before but never like this. At this point my partner started being sick over the side of the boat and one of the water sports guys stepped into the back of the boat and said the sea is very rough today and if we continue it will only get worse so what would you like to do? The lady from the family that was with us said well you are the experts so we will go by your judgement. The boat then turned around and I think we all felt relieved! Even if a whale shark had been spotted the sea had such a swirl in my opinion it was far to rough to jump in (especially the children). We then headed back towards manta point, there we spotted the boat that we had previously passed circling a manta ray but unfortunately by the time we jumped off the ray and gone back under water. Even at this point the sea was rough, the lady and her youngest son didn't even attempt to enter the water. Trying to get back on the boat was difficult as the steps were swaying so much with the boat. I have been a qualified lifeguard in the past but I didn't feel comfortable with this trip.
Upon arriving back at the resort my partner wasn't well for the rest of the day, so he certainly felt that we had wasted the day and I had to agree with him .
That evening after dinner he went to reception and explained that he wasn't happy with the trip because of the sea being so rough and inI our opinion should of been cancelled. If we hadn't seen a manta ray or a whale shark but had had a pleasant boat trip we would of been more than happy, but there was nothing enjoyable about this trip, and he was told that he would discuss with management. Also at this point my partner asked if anything special could be done for us as we had just got engaged in Dubai, again he said leave it with me.
On our last day at the resort (we were leaving at 6 am the following morning) kristina (part of management) came to the aqua bar where we were sunbathing to ask how we had enjoyed our stay. I explained that we loved the resort, the staff, the rooms etc but we felt that the whale shark trip should not of gone ahead due to the rough sea and that we had also felt a little disappointed that our engagement had still gone un noticed .( upon meeting the manager on our first evening we were discussing with him our trip to Dubai and the fact that it was a special time for us as we had just got engaged). Kristina said to leave it with her and she would get back to us.
We were going for more spa treatments that afternoon (which are amazing and not to be missed)
As we left the spa kristina informed us that we would have a special table set up on the lily pad at the front of the buffet restaurant. This was a lovely thought but it wasn't a suprise anymore which kind of took the excitement away because we had to ask several times. We ate from the buffet and enjoyed the view. Upon checkout that evening we had still been charged for the whale shark trip, kristina came and spoke with us and said that she had spoken to pascale(manager) and water sports and that people had been able to get into the sea that day and that we were too slow! And they couldn't guarantee a sighting! The sighting wasnt the problem it was the roughness of the sea we weren't happy about. I said to kristina that I would pay for the trip but that I wasn't happy to pay so I gave the option of sorting this dispute before we left. She called pascale (manager) and said we needed to pay. Pascale never even came to discuss with us, and as a buisness owner myself and spending 6k on this trip I felt this was very poor.
We paid the bill and left the following morning.
We spent over £450 in the spa and gave out £300in well deserved tips for the staff, money was not the issue.
We now have mixed thoughts as we would of definitely returned with friends for my partners 40th and our friends 50th birthdays next April and we were also considering getting married at the resort however we may well now revert back to the one and only reethi rah where we stayed before as we felt more valued.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the deluxe water villa 318or beach villa near aqua bar!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LisaM14,

Thank you for your constructive comments and for sharing your observations with us. We are very happy to read that you have had a wonderful time at Tamara Spa, snorkeling around the house reef, at Aqua and Sprit bars.
From hotel to hotel resort to resort experience is different and we are trying to offer our guests’ the best Maldivian experience. Nothing is chosen by chance, here at Lily Beach as we listen carefully to our guest comments and preferences.
Our guest can meet with our management team everywhere on the island and let them know what else we can do to make their holiday more wonderful. Also myself I’m always around and interacting or having a drink with our guest as I did with you pretty often and you never mention me this issue . We are all very open and we always invite all our guests to approach us for any reason.
Unfortunately with the Ocean adventure trip we cannot guarantee what you’ll see or not and in the same time weather changes. Sometimes can starts to be more windy or wavy and we cannot control or predict that.
The only think we can assure all our guests is that we check the weather condition from professional source and we respect all ocean rules before we decide to cancel or not all our boat trips.
It is very unfortunate that you left our resort with the impression that you were not valued. I can assure you that this is not the case.

Again, we are very sorry to read about your experience and please accept our apologies for all misunderstandings.

Once again thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We absolutely loved Lily Beach! It was the most beautiful place I think we will ever stay at! We stayed for 4 nights in a Deluxe Water Villa for our honeymoon in May this year. We agonised over which resort to pick and from the moment we arrived at Lily Beach we knew we had made the right decision. The Deluxe Water Villa was amazing! Spotlessly clean and beautifully appointed... we think it was well worth the extra cost. The reef was a short swim from the bottom of our villa stairs and the snorkelling was great. We thought the food in the buffet was great - huge selection and very fresh. We ate lunch at the aqua bar each day and it was delicious. We were a little disappointed with our dinner at Tamarind restaurant though, it was still nice but not quite as good as we had hoped. The staff were all very friendly... special mention to Jaleel from Lily Maa Buffet & Sylvester from Aqua Bar. Both were so lovely to us and went above and beyond to make our stay special. We thought the all inclusive package was really good value. We hope to return to Lily Beach one day and would definitely recommend it to others. The Maldives is a truly amazing place!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Sara5000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. We are truly delighted to know that our resort is the most beautiful place you ever stayed.
Our Deluxe Water Villa is a unique over-water living experience and we are very happy to hear that this experience exceeded your expectations.
The snorkeling around the reef is certainly fantastic in the Maldives and we are very glad that you were so impressed.
We are happy that you liked Lily Maa Buffet & Aqua Bar and feel sorry in the same time that Tamarind dinner didn’t meet your expectation.
We’re constantly improving our food and beverage experience and your feedback will help us to learn and improve our services and products.
Your positive feedback and kind words about our staff is much appreciated. Jaleel and Sylvester were very happy to hear that you mentioned them in your review.

Once again thank you very much for your review.

We cannot wait to welcome you again in the near future!

Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

A Once in a lifetime holiday for us all. My complete idea of paradise. The bungalows were lovely with shower outside. Food was plentiful and varied and drinks were readily available. I cannot rate this island enough, if you are looking for a piece of paradise, this is it :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Rebecca W

We thank you so much for choosing Lily Beach Resort & Spa for your holiday. We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us on our paradise island.
We have no doubt that fellow Trip Advisor users will appreciate that you mentioned our Beach Villas bathroom experience and the variety of food on all our restaurants.

Once again thank you very much for your review.

We cannot wait to welcome you again in the near future!

Resident Manager

Been to Lily Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!