“Excellent resort” 5 of 5 stars

All Inclusive Honeymoon
深圳
“Excellent resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the most amazing place we've ever been! We booked ocean sunset villa - it was fantastic- glass floors, lovely infinity pool, big terrace, nice sunbeds... The island is very beautiful, there is diving center, doctor, good restaurants, bars and etc. The spa center is unique.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Zhiyu,

We thank you for this nice review. It is good to hear that you had wonderful time with us. The Sunset Water Villa is stunning with the infinity pool on the terrace. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your time there.

We hope to see you in the future.

Sincerely

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Room Tip: Sunset ocean villa is the best choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear BilyanaD751 ,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Sunset Water Suit and we are confident that this unique experience will prevail and that you’ll always remember your holiday on our paradise island.

We cannot wait to welcome you again!

Our best regards,
Aldridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed 2 wonderful weeks during April 2013 on the superb island of Huvahendhoo, which was our eighth visit and it has never failed to amaze us of its beauty. The accommodation, restaurants, bars, pools and facilities are everything one would want on a luxury holiday and of course encircled by lovely white sands and the aquarium of the Indian Ocean. The food is excellent and beautifully presented and we were well looked after by Soli our waiter, who was always present at our arrival at the main restaurant to provide us with the perfect table. We must also mention Joseph, Sylvester and Rajan at the 'Aqva Bar' and Susi, Rao and Faruk at the 'Spirit Bar' for their special attention, service, friendliness and exceptional ability at remembering what drinks we liked. In fact all of the staff are polite and friendly but far too many to mention by name.

We would like to thank Pascal, Helena and all of their team for their hospitality and devotion to providing the ideal holiday resort.

We will definitely return soon.

Dear Patan,

Thank you to leave this lovely comment. All the Lily Team were very happy to see you again and it is a pleasure to read that your 8 times in Lily was even better. We will give your kind words to Soli, he is very attentive to guests it is true and to all the team in Aqva and Spirit Bar. As I like to say Lily will never be the same without the team. It is the value of our island and we are glad that you found your little paradise here with us !

We cannot wait to have you back for your 9 times !

Our best regards

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went to lily beach resort for the easter break. Our group was made up of four families with a total of 17 people aged 7- 48 .We had the best holiday ever. The Island was paradise exactly what you would see on a holiday brochure. The villas were spacious, very well designed and very very clean. The food was definitely five star plus; the only problem was 'what to choose'.
The staff were fantastic especially 'number 7' on the volley ball team. He was our waiter most days and so attentive and courteous. We also had the adventure of our lives with fishman 'younguy' we saw manta rays, dolphins, turtles, string rays...but the experience will stay with me forever.
We had plenty to do on holiday from volley ball, tennis, water sports -swimming, diving, snorkelling.
The Island was divided into family area and 'the quite zone' for couples which pleased all!!
I would definitely recommend this holiday resort especially if you like underwater life or just relaxing.

Room Tip: rooms near the vibes bar are better suited to families
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Irene K,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that all four families had a fantastic experience with us. Also all our staff are very happy to hear that your holiday was so great and that you enjoyed all the activities on the resort . Your special mention
one of our best volleyball player Mohammed Yoosuf is very grateful for your kind words. Also 'YounGuy' is very happy to hear that you had the ""the adventure of your lives"" with him. Once again thank you for this wonderful review and for the villas tip you gave to our future guests.

We hope to see you all again in the future!

Our best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This review is very late in coming as we had our honeymoon over a year ago in jan 2012!

Perfection is all we can say, my husband is a diver and now has been ruined for every other dive holiday after achieving his dream of swimming with mantas and a whale shark plus the huge array of amazing underwater life.

The hotel is wonderful and everything is done to a high quality. The food in the main restaurant is lovely and I have a new appreciation for a good buffet. We did go to the other restaurants, but were disappointed following the choice and quality of the buffet, and the pure relaxation of wondering barefoot choosing what takes your fancy!

Staff are all friendly and a special shout out to the people at the main pool where we were regulars most days, I got through about four books,which is my idea of a holiday.

The spa might seem expensive, but it is amazing, from watch the sea life while having a massage to the jacuzzi looking out to the endless ocean. Heavenly!

Can't wait to one day go back to the Maldives and lily beach if we can. And that to me is a true indictment for everything this place has... The desire to return, when there are so many other places to see!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have just returned from this gorgeous place. The memory of every colour blue will remain in my mind forever. The sky was blue, the ocean changed from icy blue to turquoise to a the deepest blue and every blue in between. We stayed for 7 nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and it certainly was the place to renew our marriage. Everything from the accommodation, service food, snorkelling and cocktails were perfect.
We decided to divide our stay into two sections... 3 nights in the beach villa and then 4 nights in the overwater villas. What a great choice. We loved both villas..you can't go wrong. The outdoor bathroom in the beach villa was amazing. The beach was only a few metres away with your own personalised lounges and icy cold drinks nearby. We used the paddle boats and kayaks to exercise and enjoy the view of the ocean and reef. Our favourite spot for the first few days was AQVA with its infinity pool and great cocktails. Sylvester, Joseph and Rajan became very familiar with our request for cocktails and Ashanti beer. The Bloody Mary was just right! This was our lunch and sunset place and also a place to chat with other guests. One couple had been to the resort 8 times! Then we moved to the overwater bungalows and there we stayed except to eat and snorkel. They have everything you need. My favourite spot was in the pool on our deck at sunset with a glass of sparkling enjoying the view. The house reef is a step away, with abundant fish of every size and colour. The coral gardens are beautiful and we loved snorkelling at the drop off to the deep water where large fish, turtles and rays are in abundance. We are told it is one of the best reefs in the area. The Titan triggerfish is interesting!
One highlight was the Ocean adventure excursion where we were lucky enough to swim with a Whale shark at Manta Ray Point. I was swimming so close I could have touched this beautiful creature.
The platinum package with its all inclusive food and drink package was great. We enjoyed a variety of wine from all over the world..some better than others..Jeleel was our favourite staff member and made sure we had a table by the water each night and a good bottle of wine for dinner. Definitely treat yourself to a Balinese massage at the spa.
The only bad thing was leaving this beautiful place. I really wanted to buy something special to remember it but unfortunately the souvenir shop didn't have anything nice. Hint..sell the water jugs as they are beautiful.. Luckily I have many amazing photos!
Thanks Lilly Beach for providing us with the perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Choose an overwater bungalow on the sunset side between 318- 328. Great reef, privacy and views of s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, and all team at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Bondi,

All Lily team is glad for your nice comment. Thank you to take the time to reach about our small paradise. We are very proud that you chose our island to celebrate your 25th anniversary and more to see that you had beautiful experience. As you said we have a lot of repeaters guests as your friends which are there for the 8 times.

Thank you for all your tips and for leaving a nice comment about our team members specially Jaleel your favorite!

We hope you will come back to Lily!

Sincerely

Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from Lily beach, we stayed from 12 to 19 April and I was a little worried about the weather as I knew that the monsoon would have changed in April and we might have experienced some rain. The weather was perfect, sunny every day and even if there were clouds around the island, the sun would always shine above Lily beach. This was my 5th visit to the Maldives (first in Lily), and I think that if I would go back I would still choose April as it offers sun shine days and a nice see breeze (some times..). Now let’s talk about Lily beach: from the moment you arrive at the Lily beach lounge, you understand that your dreams are coming true, exceptional service from the hostesses at the Lily beach lounge, who offer you refreshing towels, drinks and food, wifi connection and lovely and confortable sofa beds while waiting for your seaplane transfer. They take your passports and ask you to fill in the registration form for Lily beach so you don’t need to care about anything. We waited for the seaplane transfer for about an hour and the trip was direct to Lily beach and very enjoyable. Once you arrive, a dhoni comes pick you up and on the short 5 minutes trip to Lily they offer you water, another refreshing towel and fresh fruit. Once I arrived at Lily I must confess I got very emotional and almost cried for how happy I was. Kristina, who works at the reception, described us the island and explained how everything worked and took us straight to our beach villa number 168, which I had requested. I was very happy with the villa lay out and with its location. It is the last one, it is very close to the beach, it is very private as there is no walking path in front of it, you hardly see anyone on that part of the beach, it is very near the lily maa restaurant and Aqua bar and pool, where we spent most of our afternoons waiting for the amazing sunsets. You have two sun loungers on your patio, and two sun loungers on the beach just in front of your villa with your villa number so no need to stress in finding a sun beds. You never have difficulties anyway in finding a sun bed in lily beach as there are plenty around the pool areas and on the beaches. We stayed 5 night in the beach villa and then moved to the water villas for the last 2 nights and this worked out perfectly and I think it is worth to try both as the feeling is completely different. The water villa is amazing and we were in the sunset side (which I requested) in room 334 which is the third villa on the right hand side, the best part I think as it is very close to everything and in front of our villa we had a nice stretch of blue water to swim and relax before reaching the reef. The beaches are surrounded by the best reef I have ever seen, it is amazing and we would often go around the island with the pedalo` which was also fun! We enjoyed Lily Maa where you can choose a different table every day but we always preferred to stay on the beach, the waiters are always ready to assist you and by the second day they already know what you drink and by the time you were back with your plate, your drinks were waiting for you. We enjoyed the food selections at Lily Maa, the express station is amazing and you can have your noodles, rice, pasta, meats and fish as you like. Also the themed nights were amazing, I loved particularly the Italian night (we are Italian and usually never try Italian dishes when overseas but I must say that everything was delicious), the sea food night and the Asian night. We had lunch at Aqua on one day which I enjoyed very much but my husband preferred the “all you can eat option” at Lily Maa. The dinner at Tamarind is also something not to be missed, if you are lucky try to get a table outside. The food here was amazing and presented and served in an exceptional manner. For the 2 included excursions we chose the sunset fishing, which was very enjoyable, we got 2 red snappers and they cooked them for us the day after and they were delicious. We also went on the coral garden excursion and even though we think that the corals around the island are better, during this trip we had the chance to swim with turtles and sharks and take videos of them. As everybody says, the staff is amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them and they would satisfy every request. During our stay we had a little problem with our room boy, of course this did not spoil our holiday, but I brought it up at the reception and also would like to mention it here as I know that the GM reads these reviews and hope that the future guests won’t have to go through this. He was too invasive and would often knock on our door whit stupid questions or offering to sell us shells for a smaller price than the island shop and this is something that should not happen in a 5 star resort like lily beach where everyone is very discrete. Every time we would be on our patio or during our walk to the restaurant he would show up, which is nice for once, but too much every time. Sometimes I did not feel comfortable in sitting in my patio as he might have appeared from no-where…Also on the last day on our beach villa, we were supposed to change room at 9 am, so we had the do not disturb sign on the door, at 8.30 am he knocked on our door anyway, even with the do not disturb sign and told us that if we were ready we could go to reception, making us understand he wanted to get rid of us to clean our room…..I responded that we had already been to the reception and that they told us to go back at 9 (which was true) but I was very annoyed by this.
We also left a plate to be picked up by him in the villa, and he left it on the entrance of our villa, I made it more visible to make him understand he had to take it away and he hid it in the bush just outside our entrance…after 3 days we had to take the plate to the restaurant ourselves…. As I said this did not spoil our holidays but it is something that should not happen in a place like Lily beach. I was also a bit disappointed by the debris on the sea, I often found myself in picking up plastic bottles, shoes and other stuff from the sea and from the beach. Maybe the current in this period brings more rubbish but I suggest that more staff goes around the island and makes sure that the beaches are always clean. I also suggest to put more bins and to make them more visible on the beaches as I often had to do a long walk in order to find one. It is better to see bins than rubbish on the beach. On our last day, the beach on the left side of Aqua pool was disgusting, full of rubbish, something I have never seen in the Maldives before. I told reception and hope someone went to clean. I am sure this is not caused by Lily beach but something must be done in order to keep beaches cleaner. We visited Male on our last day and was disgusted by the amount of rubbish they throw in the water without caring and of course this rubbish reaches the resorts inevitably… Maldives is a paradise and someone should do something to stop this. Sorry for being so long but wanted to cover everything. Even though we had small issues we really enjoyed Lily beach and would definitely go back as it would be difficult to find another place like this. I would like to send special thanks to Rajan and Silvester who served us the best cocktails and snacks at Aqua, to Saudalla who was always very friendly and helpful at Aqua and Lily Maa, to Farish who made our dinner at Tamarind very enjoyable and exeptional, to Kristina who gave us a very warm welcome on our arrival day, to the TAMARA spa staff who are amazing and very prepared ( we had a fantastic Balinese massage) and to everyone else working at Lily beach, you made our holiday unforgettable, thank you.

Room Tip: We loved beach villa 168 as it was very private and suggest to request for beach villas from 163 to...
Dear Moni,

Thank you for this gorgeous review. As I always say in Lily Beach we like to have your feedback in order to improve our services and facilities. I am really thankful for your comment about what you like and what you didn’t as well. I will take care about the situation you described about your room boy. I truly think that he didn’t want to disturb you but it is true that our guests are here to enjoy their privacy and relax. Regarding the dirty plate as well it should be acceptable and I take good note of it.

I am glad that your holiday wasn’t spoiled because of that and to read you had beautiful moment with us. We will give your special thanks to Rajan, Silvester, Saudalla, Farish, Kristina, the spa team and all their teams.

We are waiting for your 6 times in Maldives and second in Lily!

Our best regards

Resident Manager

Been to Lily Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!