We stayed here for 10 days in April 2012. It was our first visit to the Maldives and hopefully wont be the last. I was very concerned that we would be bored after several days but we found that we totally relaxed and accepted that there is no nightlife, (dont even bother going if its nightlife your after), Evenings entertainment consists of eating, then a few cocktails and watching the fish being fed from the jetty. The buffet meals were excellent and i can honestly say we didnt have anything that we didnt like, and I think we are quite fussy, Abdullah was our waiter most evenings and he was so welcoming and friendly. We had a Superior Water Villa (with glass floor which was amazing) stunning although pricey. The free Wi-Fi was very useful as calls back home were expensive so we used Facebook to check in with family especially as we had a tsunami alert on our last day. I learnt to snorkell from the steps leading into the sea from our villa as you cannot visit here without snorkelling, its a must. The whole resort is spotless and they mist the island at intervals during the night to eliminate mosquitos. The spa is probably the best I have experienced, a couples massage is included in the all inclusive deal as is all drinks etc, in fact from the moment we arrived until we left the island we didnt handle money at all. We didnt do any excursions so I cant comment on them, it seemed pointless going on a sunset boat trip when it was clearly visible from the pool bar. The island is just the most beautiful place imaginable, I really couldnt believe the colours. I could go on and on about Lily Beach it really is amazing and I couldnt fault it. Its a long tiring journey to get there (we had a 2hour wait for the seaplane transfer) but well worth it. I wouldnt hesitate to go back as its as near to perfect as your going to get. We chose this resort for its all inclusive package and it was fantastic, several friends have visited other resorts and have been stung on food and drink prices so beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ---UNDERGOING UPGRADES--- In the deep blue sea of the Indian Ocean, among the scattered small Islands known as the Garland of Flowers (Maldive Islands) of indescribable nature, Lily Beach Resort is the island - Huvahendhoo at the South East Ari-Atoll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lily Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Beach Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Lily Beach Resort And Spa
- Lily Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Lily Beach Maldives