This was our 6th visit to Lily Beach and 2nd since the refurbishment, and once again another excellent visit.
Everything positive that has been said previously by people in respect of the food, diving, staff, trips, rooms etc. I can only advocate as true.
Positive actions from the management have been put into place from suggestions by a number of people from the previous visits that were little niggles and indicates that the management team do listen, and if they believe that a suggestion is worthy of follow up, it is.
With this in mind, and based upon comments that have already been given to the management team. There are still to my mind some minor niggles and irritants that need to be addressed, as it was noted in conversation with a number of people whilst we were there;
• There are notifications in the room handbook, and on the Lily beach TV channel about NOT feeding the fish, yet we were constantly seeing guests taking bread rolls from the restaurant, and then feeding these to the fish from the jetty. I know this sounds petty, but feeding bread can and will kill some of the smaller fish. Therefore, I would like to see DO NOT FEED THE FISH signs posted in various languages on the jetty where people congregate to see the nightly Manta / Fish Feeding (something also that is not to my liking, but has been going on for so long think that it would never be stopped).
• Clarification needs to be made as to whether food / drinks on the last day need to be paid for after certain times. This is based upon my wife and I being told food / drink until we left on the sea plane was still included, but people we met whilst there being told that they would have to pay $50 for food, and any drinks would be per beverage. As guests we do not dictate when the seaplanes pick up, and thus have no control over the duration of the stay on the last day. As there would appear to plenty of food in the buffet, I fail to see why this is not included?
• The Aqva pool is “allegedly” a childfree / quiet zone, as the Vibes Bar and Pool caters for the children. I am not a kill joy but do relish some form of peace and quiet whilst on holiday, feel that there needs to be some form of policing if this is a hard and fast rule, and needs to be a management task to instigate this.
As I stated these are minor niggles, and didn’t detract from another fantastic holiday at Lily Beach. Was interesting to hear of the plans by the island owners to open another resort (along with Island Hideaway), which may be based around Lily Beach prior to he refurbishment (not definite, but was from a reliable source (;-))
Cannot wait for our seventh visit, see you soon.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ---UNDERGOING UPGRADES--- In the deep blue sea of the Indian Ocean, among the scattered small Islands known as the Garland of Flowers (Maldive Islands) of indescribable nature, Lily Beach Resort is the island - Huvahendhoo at the South East Ari-Atoll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lily Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Beach Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Lily Beach Resort And Spa
- Lily Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Lily Beach Maldives