Great start to the New Year and Maldives is always a favourite - its coming home to the island life, as it has many wonderful places to stay at, each special in their own right, but recently stayed at LUX* and had an amazing time exploring the Island life. Amazing and friendly team made every effort to assist in making my stay more comfortable - awesome first impression! Rooms was kept clean and the small details that the team did each day was much appreciated as it made a big impact. From room attendant to the Rooms director and Resort manager that introduced themselves and followed up along my stay - was to me a WOW moment when they made the time to talk about culture and cool things to do each day - the team are truly friendly and everyone greets as you walk passed them with a hello or how you doing. Have to mention the fact that I like the quirky items found on the island made it fun to search for (freebies such as cold drinks or fresh coconuts). Especially The mysterious secret bar that changes locations that makes any adult think of the younger days of hidden treasure come alive. The island is bigger than expected compared to those that I have visited - so the complimentary bicycles at every corner are a clever way to get around and stay fit (there is a buggy service that travels the island every 10 minutes if you lazy). Was spoilt for choice on what to do to occupy my time, so most days just sat and enjoyed the terrace looking at the open sea. One day was spent out, exceptional day of snorkelling and chilling on the catamaran (thanks to the Captain and crew for making it so much fun). Yoga early morning is highly welcomed and was superb for getting the day started. From start to finish the resort is Top class and so many reasons to go (my favorite coffee moment was knowing that they roast their own coffee on the island which was a lovely treat a the Cafe). Never a day to go hungry as there was plenty of choice of restaurants. Enjoyed eating at East restaurant most days for breakfast and dinner (as their was a band playing some soulful tunes). Have to mention that Allegria was a treat as I had one night that I tried the recommended Spinach gnocchi dish (so delicious - the plate was left clean). I will be back and will recommend to all. Thanks to all that made the trip so fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Resort', 2014 World Travel Awards and 'Leading Family Resort', 2014 Maldives Travel Awards A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll