“Perfect for a relaxing but adventurous stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LUX* Maldives

You added LUX* Maldives to your Saves list
LUX* Maldives
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dhidhoofinolhu, South Ari Atoll, Republic of Maldives (Formerly Diva Maldives)   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a relaxing but adventurous stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a perfect holiday destination for both couples and families. There are so many things to do on the Island that you never get bored yet it is just so very relaxing! My husband and I have just returned from our 2 week honeymoon here and we had a fabulous time... The food and drink is of an excellent quality for an all inclusive option resort and this is definitely the board basis to choose since it includes everything. There are numerous trips and excursions available with both the water sports centre and also with the marine biologist Francesca who is really lovely - swimming with Manta Rays and Whale sharks is an experience we will never forget and the jet ski snorkelling excursions to an empty island with your own colourful reef is out of this world! Free boats to local reefs are fantastic too!

Our beach villa on the jetty side enjoyed amazing sunsets on a perfect part of the beach for swimming whilst those on the other side had a lovely shallower lagoon perfect for children. As a younger couple without children we noted that all kids were very well behaved and hardly seen nor heard.

As many below have noted the service from the staff is fantastic, not only do they do an amazing job but they are all really lovely people who genuinely want to make sure you have a lovely stay! Our room boy, Ameeg was fantastic, never a grain of sand in our room and our bathroom products and mini bar were always fully stocked! Amazing bathroom products by the way!

Both bars were great fun especially the East bar when the singer Ariel was playing! Rup and Maring working at this bar were such fun - and you were never left waiting for another drink. Mamoun, one of the resort managers really wants all guests to have the trip of a life time as he walks the resort every night for a catch up. A big thanks to all staff.....

Little touches like fresh coconut snacks, homemade ice cream, a coffee bar, a beach clay pizza oven bar, free telephone, excellent free wifi make this place a winner!

If you are considering this resort - go for it and I promise you will not regret it!

Room Tip: All rooms open directly onto the beach or sea! Beach villas have a huge 2 person bath and 2 showers!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
We were delighted to read your review for us. It is a pleasure to see that you were able to experience our “little touches” the way they were intended. I am glad that those surprises made your honeymoon a relaxing and adventurous holiday.

Thank you for sharing with other travelers your wonderful and amazing stories. LUX* Maldives is indeed a perfect holiday destination for both couples and family. I have shared your comments with my team and it is good to see that you still remember unite a few of the people that made your time extra special.

Thank you so much for your kind review and we hope to have you back with us soon.

Dominik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Lux resort in July 2013. It was part of a larger trip where the Maldives was to be the highlight. It was the most expensive destination on our trip, but ranked lowest of all the places in terms of service.
The good points:
* The island is nice;
* The accommodation is ok;
* The food is nice;
* The fitness centre is good;
* The weekly programme of activities is ok, but has room for improvement;
* The welcome upon arrival at the resort is welcoming;
* The quality of the food is good;
* The selection of dining outlets is good;
* The Resort Manager is customer focused, carries out checks on customer satisfaction and will listen to feedback;;
The negative aspects:
* The welcome received at Male Airport - there was no one from Lux to greet us. We were initially assisted by staff from other resorts;
* The welcome at received at the Lux airport lounge - there are some food and drinks there, but don't expect those to be served or offered any hot drinks;
* Our sea plane transfer was delayed to wait for another flight to arrive. This is fine, but we were advised of the delay by the representative from the sea plane company;
* The staff knowledge of products and restaurant opening times requires further work and development;
* Need to book ahead for A La Carte dining;
* All Inclusive package is short of being all-inclusive. Quite a lot of products not included and supplements for other items;
* Do not book one of the villas if you are looking for a twin bed option;
* Service generally slow and needs to be requested as opposed to offered;
* Need to be aware and check your bills - we were charged for lunch the day before departure. When questioned we were advised that the all-inclusive package expires at 11am on the day of check out. When we advised we only check out tomorrow, the bill was crumpled up with no apology and zero balance one printed;
* Expensive - applies to food, spa and watersports, etc. All though All-Inclusive is short of being all-inclusive, it is advisable to choose this option - I cannot comment on the quality and service at the spa is I did not use the services due to expensive prices, likewise with the watersports activities,
* Buffet dining experience - avoid on the evenings when the other buffet restaurant is closed. Our experience is based on 70% occupancy which I can only imagine is worse during periods of higher occupancy;
* Need to pay if you wish to have a bike to yourself to explore the island. It is not expensive at USD5 per day per bike, but the details would indicate they were free. There are free use bikes but they are limited, off poor quality and can only be left and picked up at certain points. You cannot bring them to your villa;
* The yoga and meditation platform is of poor quality and standard for a 5 star resort which promotes yoga and meditation as part of the Lux experience;
* Doesn't feel like the quality of 5 star experience you would expect from the name or price;
* Not good value for money;
Conclusion
* Would I be a returning guest to Lux, probably not unless there was a special promotional offer which I felt brought it in to the range where it would represent value for money. I will try one of the other resorts next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your experience with us. All points of your review have been addressed in order to take necessary steps to further improve and meet our guests’ expectations. We are well aware that guests visiting us come here for special occasions and always work very hard to make these days with us special. While in most cases we succeed, we clearly fell short in your case. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have brought to our attention.

It seems that several things you mentioned had been caused by miscommunication as these seem out of the norm. We make an effort to provide very good value for money, especially when compared to other properties in the Maldives. I wish we would have learned about your concerns during your stay; Like everyone, we do make mistakes but when given the chance to rectify shortcomings, the entire team works hard to solve any issues and I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to do so for you.

Keeping up our service is very important to us and I have highlighted this to our team. We take your criticisms as a learning tool as it will help us to further enhance our services and make the necessary improvements.

We cannot turn back the clock, but we would like to encourage you to experience our resort once again. Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to give us a second chance, and to demonstrate that indeed we are constantly working to improve our guests experience, I would certainly like to hear from you

With sinecure regards,

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have only one regret that based on other people's advice, we only stayed here for 4 days. I just couldn't have enough of the resort in such a short trip! Rooms are newly renovated , staff is extremely polite , food and drinks are simply out of this world. Will definitely plan another trip here as soon as I can, just looking at the pictures makes me wanna go back. Nikolay at island bar, khan at veli and aladdin at the lagoon made it even more incredible. Big thanks to you guys!

• Stayed August 2013
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests; I am glad that you had a “mind blowing” experience. Thank you for your lovely review for us. Your comments have been shared with the entire team particularly with the Nick, Khan and Aladdin. Thank you for keeping us motivated.

We hope to have you back with us soon!

With kind regards,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Lux* certainly didnt disappoint! I just want to echo all the positive reviews that other travellers had written about Lux*. Me and my husband stayed at Lux* on August 7 to 10th to (pre)celebrate our wedding anniversary. Everything about Lux* is just perfect for me. We were housed in a water villa, and our room was amazing! All the staff are gracious and obliging. I wish to mention the warm hospitality of the staff at the East Restaurant (specially Reiza) who went their way to accommodate our whims :) and requests. Service and food quality at Umami and Senses restaurants are indeed commendable. And by the way, I wish to mention Delarne Cramer (Reservations Manager) who was so professional and prompt in responding to my endless emails. Now, take me back to Lux* please! :)

Room Tip: Water villa is just perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with other travelers.

Our purpose is to help our guests to celebrate life when they are with us, thank you for appreciating the quality of service. LUX* Maldives prides itself for the kindness and friendliness of its team and I am happy to see you felt that. And thank you for noticing the genuine and personalized service of our team and for helping us to keep our team motivated with your kind comments. I have shared it to all the islanders especially to Reisa and Delarne, thank you for noticing the hard work they do.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to post your kind comments and on behalf of all the islanders, we wish to see you again at LUX* Maldives. Since you live closer than many of our guests, you have no excuse not to return…

With best wishes from us all!

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my husband went to the Lux Resort for our Honeymoon in March this year. The staff were excellent and couldn’t do more to help. We was welcomed by Dominik and his staff on the jetty with cold water and cold face flannels which were very refreshing.

As it was our honeymoon we got a complimentary cocktail making class, sunset cruise and romantic beach dinner (it was a bit windy the night that we had ours book so had dinner inside instead).

It was also my birthday whilst we were there, we didn’t inform the resort of this so was surprised when a birthday cake and bottle of sparkling wine turned up at our door the morning of my birthday. It was a nice surprise (which my husband tried to take credit for at first lol) and a really lovely touch to think that someone went out of their way to realise it was my birthday.

The restaurants were all great with high quality food and service, with a wide choice of different cuisines. The only thing I will say is that we tried to go to Umami the evening of my birthday but was told that they were fully booked and that we needed to book in advance. When we did try to book we couldn’t get a table for 2 nights so make sure you book a table in well in advance as the food is great.

We stayed in a water villa which was great and was nice to be so close the water life. As soon as you got into the sea you could see so many different fishes. We went snorkeling at the house reef which was amazing, we also went diving but ended up seeing a wider range of fish whilst snorkeling. We went on a trip to swim with the whale sharks, we were told that there was a 50% chance to see one. We had a great guy who was the whale spotter and we managed to swim with a baby whale shark which was an amazing experience.

Lux is a five star resort set in beautiful, tropical, breathe taking scenery. We thought that the pictures wouldn’t live up to the reality but they did and it was the most amazing holiday we have had and is perfect for romance and quality time together. We would definitely visit again.

A big thank you to all the Staff at the resort for making it a great honeymoon and birthday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to read that you were able to experience the perfect romance and quality time for each other in our Resort. Thank you for your wonderful review for us. It is rewarding to know that you had an excellent honeymoon and birthday celebration with us (by the way, of course it was your husband that arranged the birthday cake!)

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the many facilities and all activities that LUX* Maldives has to offer and that you had the chance to swim with a baby whale shark. While whale sharks are common at our reef, a baby sighting is something special indeed!

We greatly appreciate your gracious comments and we cannot thank you enough for your recognition that our team “were excellent, couldn’t do more to help and went out of their way” to make your stay special.

Once again, thank you on behalf of the team, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for your first anniversary…?

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

just arrived back from a 10 day stay at Lux Maldives and must say it is one of the best holidays w have ever had. We stay in the best hotels around the world and this one was certainly very special. The resort is simply paradise. We had tropical storms for the first 3 days of our stay but it was an amazing experience watching the lightening fall into the ocean and the strength of the rain and wind. It felt strangely invigorating as if you were really close to natures power.
We had a couple of beach villas for us and our teenagers which were wonderful. We loved the outdoor bathrooms- very original and the proximity to the ocean was a great bonus. Our room service was excellent with an abundance of towels and some fun designs to amuse us.
One of the best things about the resort apart from the amazing beauty was the quality of the customer service. It was second to none. All our needs were expertly taken care of and the staff were very well trained, courteous and friendly. My husband was on crutches with a sprained ankle and they took care of him all week. My daughter took ill with an allergy and the staff were superb, extremely caring and responded immediately to her needs.
The kids really enjoyed the diving of course and the jet skiing was a fun experience. My daughter and I had a couple of spa treatments which were excellent , especially the one in the water villa with a glass floor over a ridge of coral, so the beautiful fish kept us captivated whilst being pampered with a beautiful balinese massage.
We will definitely return to this wonderful paradise. The seaplane experience was great and something we had not done before. The welcome from Dominik and his staff on the jetty was very welcome after such a long journey to get there. The restaurants were all superb with high quality food and service. The singer in the bars who entertained us was excellent and very versatile in his range of music.
All in all an excellent holiday which we highly recommend.

Room Tip: beach villas were perfect. Outdoor bathrooms and a few steps from the ocean. Great outdoor veranda f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your pleasant review. I am delighted to know that you and your family had one of the “best holidays” at LUX* Maldives. Though the weather was not so good on your first 3 days, I am glad that you and your family had an amazing experience watching “natures power” in the Maldives.

Our team indeed puts a strong emphasis on being available at all times to our guests. We always strive to provide guests with the highest standards of service and therefore precision in the operations is a key factor for all of us. I am glad to hear that we achieved our goal of providing you with great comfort and a stress free vacation!

Your kind comments have been shared with the team. Feedback like yours is such a great recognition of the team’s efforts. Thank you for that!

I am glad that you had a blissful relaxation with us and you appreciated the facilities and quality of our Beach Villas. I am also delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your diving and Jet Ski experiences. Everybody needs to be pampered and a relaxing SPA experience is certainly the way to go!

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I write this halfway through my two week stay at Lux Maldives. Service is exceptional, welcoming and friendly. Water villas are beyond my expectations, clean perfect position with remarkable views of the beautiful ocean blue. This is an amazing location with an amazing team delivering superior service - I really can't recommend this place high enough!

• Stayed August 2013
We are very happy to know that we are succeeding in making your holidays so special. We understand that guests travel a long way to be with us and hence try very hard to make the time on our island extra special. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. The recommendations from one guest to potential ones are the best rewards we can receive!

On behalf of all the islanders, I wish you a continued wonderful stay with us (luckily you still have some more time ahead of you)!

Kind regards,
Dominik

Been to LUX* Maldives? Share your experiences!