I will tell immediately, food in resorts of Maldives, considering that they need to import and bring by sea everything, should never be expected to be like, for example, in the Carribean. I can compare LUX*, for example, with Bandos resort. It was a pleasant surprise our first dinner here, at the Kitchen restaurant. We did not expect such a variety and quality. I already mentioned the excellent service in the resort - it is the same standard in the restaurants of course. However, I'm a bit disappointed about breakfasts. I have my own grading system for resorts, very simple: I need perfect omelet, salmon and fresh tropical fruit mixes made at the place. Mimosa drink (50/50 champaign and orange juice) is an extra to qualify for 5*. Regret to say that LUX* qualifies for 4* only - no salmon, no papaya other juices and omelets could be better. But if you don't need salmon like me, than it's really good - you've got selection of Japanese (Asian) food, pancakes, other staff and good coffee. Your morning will start in a good healthy way. Enjoy your day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Resort', 2014 World Travel Awards and 'Leading Family Resort', 2014 Maldives Travel Awards A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll