My husband & I stayed in the Lux for 8 days at the end of June for our honeymoon & loved every minute of it !!!!!!!!
As it was a special occassion we spent a lot of time researching hotels in the Maldives and picked this one after all the good reviews and because it had such a big selection of bars & restaurants so we didnt get bored.
Words cant do our holiday justice ... it was pure heaven ! We were treated like VIPS the whole trip - welcomed with cold flannels and drinks, shown the island before being taken to our beach pool with a swimming pool and its own private garden and piece of beach out the front ! The bed was very comfy and we loved that we had two showers (outside), one in a cubicle and one unclosed. The colour of the water & sand is really amazing & photos dont do it justice !!
We tried all the restaurants and literally couldnt fault anything about them ! Our favourite was Senses ( Indian style food ) , the nan breads & chicken tikka were heavenly and enjoyed at our dining table on the beach surrounded by lanterns . The food on offer is unreal - try the crab chowder and sushi !Special mention also for the breakfast where u could pick from the large selection of foods on offer or have pancakes / Omlettes / waffles made fresh for u but again all the restaurants were great - We could not fault anything about the quality of food or the selection . For us it worked out better going all inclusive as the alcohol/ food is so expensive out there .
As honeymooners we were again treated like royalty and often found our bed / bath covered in rose petals with notes left for us , a sunset boat tour on board a traditional fishing boat with little beds on the roof so you could lie down , cocktail making class & dinner on the beach , bottle of champagne and fruit platter amongst other things ! We would not hesitate to go back here and even though the hotel was at full capacity for our first two days , we barely saw anyone about so we really felt secluded ! We enjoyed ' screening on the beach ' when a cinema is set up on the sand with bean bags and arm chairs to relax in - very romantic with the stars above you , popcorn machine in the background and a makeshift bar set up to help youself. We didnt get bored once and the island is full of little touches like 'swings' and hidden bars , home made icecream & a fab spa ( we had couples massage in a water villa - which was very relaxing) .
For the last 2 nights we paid to upgrade to a prestigue water villa just so we could try a water villa & it was beautiful 2 . Opening the blinds in the morning to the bluest water is something we will never forget ! We only experienced one day of bad weather out of 8 days, we woke up to thunder and lightning on the 5th day - but it was a real experience & quite romantic after that the rest of the holiday went back to sunshine so would not put us off returning in June .
The island is also fumegated every day at 5pm and we are lucky to report we didnt get bitten once ! ( something i was worried about as i arrived with 2 cans of spray ! ) - seriously go to Lux and dont listen to very rare negative reports on here - the staff go out of their way to make this a holiday of a lifetime and it is one we will never forget !!!!!!! The best complement i can give the Lux is that the Sea Plane Pilot /co-pilot were staying in our hotel before making his return journey to Male at 6am with very depressed holiday makers and he said he has stayed on a lot of the islands over the years and this is one of the best !!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll