we are a family of 3, with a 9 year old boy. we stayed at a water villa and in one word our 10 days in LUX were perfect, could be better if we get a longer stay :)
the water villas are very good, and they fit 3 easily, and you can always wait for surprises at your back door... like baby sharks, sting rays, turtles... and many many fishes
the resort provides everything that has been promised and much more. the people in the island do their best all day long to make the stay pleasant and enjoyable.
we got an "all inclusive package" and the deal is very clear, the beverage menus in all bars are good very comprehensive.
the diving center is also very good with many different locations for diving close by, so if you are staying for a week we can good different locations everyday.
for snorkelling, there are snorkelling safaris every day for free, what is perfect for the kids.
regarding the restaurants, for our taste the best one is Senses, an Arabic / Indian restaurant... delicious... by the way... all the restaurants have kids menu, so if you are traveling with kids you will not face any challenge to keep the kids happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splendia, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll