we are a family of 3, with a 9 year old boy. we stayed at a water villa and in one word our 10 days in LUX were perfect, could be better if we get a longer stay :)
the water villas are very good, and they fit 3 easily, and you can always wait for surprises at your back door... like baby sharks, sting rays, turtles... and many many fishes
the resort provides everything that has been promised and much more. the people in the island do their best all day long to make the stay pleasant and enjoyable.
we got an "all inclusive package" and the deal is very clear, the beverage menus in all bars are good very comprehensive.
the diving center is also very good with many different locations for diving close by, so if you are staying for a week we can good different locations everyday.
for snorkelling, there are snorkelling safaris every day for free, what is perfect for the kids.
regarding the restaurants, for our taste the best one is Senses, an Arabic / Indian restaurant... delicious... by the way... all the restaurants have kids menu, so if you are traveling with kids you will not face any challenge to keep the kids happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll