“Paradise on Earth!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added LUX* Maldives to your Saves list
LUX* Maldives
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   (Formerly Diva Maldives)   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
“Paradise on Earth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would recommend this hotel/resort to anybody wanting to go over to the Maldives. from the moment we landed at the international airport in Male till the second we took off on our way home the resort management team and the staff did everything possible to make our trip comfortable and relaxing for us.

A special thanks would have to go to Mode (Mohammed) who was our assigned room service/maid.

The all inclusive package would be highly recommended as it saves you the hassle of worrying about how much money to take or how much to carry on you.

Most days me and my wife would leave the room with just our camera and that would be it.

Try and get yourself a overwater bungalow as the views are amazing and the room it self is totally stunning!

A perfect 5* resort for 3* prices!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are perfect
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time at LUX* Maldives and your stay were above your expectations.
Our guests comfort is very important to us. I really appreciate your kind comments regarding our All Inclusive Package. You are indeed correct! It really saves you the hassle of worrying about how much money to take or how much to carry on you.
I have shared your kind comments with all the islanders, particularly with Mohamed, your villa attendant. Our main priority here is to create unforgettable experiences for our guests and I am glad to see we achieved that with you. Thank you for helping us keeps our team motivated with your kind comments!
I hope we will see you again on the island in the near future!
With sunny regards,

983 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I believe everything has already been said but as we were on holiday with a lady in a wheelchair I thought I would say WOW what a holiday.

Our friend wanted a holiday somewhere hot and as we had been to Lux before then I thought this was an ideal setting. We stayed in beach bungalows and although I say she requires a wheelchair she is able to walk short distances.

Reception - I emailed the resort before we went and informed them we were bringing someone who needed a wheelchair and the response was even though they are not geared towards people who have a mobility disability they would help us out as much as they could - never a truer word spoken

Restaurants - as soon as they saw us coming staff were there to help with the wheelchair and walk my friend to a seat, they were all so helpful. The food was outstanding and even though steak was not on the buffet one night they still went out of the way to get some for us. I recommend the pancakes - pure delight.

Boat trip- I have always wanted to swim with a whale shark and my dream came true. The guys on the boat even helped my friend in/ out of the boat so she could swim in the sea (I am sure in the UK they would have broken every rule with regards to moving and handling but thank you).

Bars- I am sure I went through the cocktail list and was slightly tipsy after learning how to make them, they even had pimms - perfect.

Spa -amazing massage, one of the best I have ever had and I was given some flowers from the ladies at the spa as it was my birthday

Managers fantastic, the resort manager every day asked us how things were and one night he pushed my friend back to the bungalow. Dominic was on hoilday when we arrived at the island but on his return he even came and sought us.

I could go on and on but all I will say is life is not a trial run and if you can afford it then please visit this beautiful island or the Maldives.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with other travelers.
Your comfort is very important to us and I am happy to hear that we achieved our goal of providing you a stress free vacation. Our team member and managers are always available and willing to help any guests with any issues. I am pleased that our team made sure to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
Keeping up our service is very important to us and thank you for noticing the efforts put in to make it possible. And thank you for noticing the genuine and personalized service of our team and for helping us to keep our team motivated with your kind comments.

I am glad that your overall experience at LUX* Maldives was great and hope to welcome you back on the island in the near future!
With best wishes from us all,
Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

After we arrived with the air taxi at the island, we had 10 extraordinary days. The resortmanager Mamoun welcomed us at the pier together with his staff from the reception. That was a nice first impression!
This impression lasted the next 10 days. The hotel and the environment was as we expected. Just great. But what really made a difference was the staff. Everybody we met was so nice and helpful. We like to say special thanks to:
The team from watersports center for all their help. I had my kite with me in order to go kitesurfing. But I had some problems with it and almost everybody from the center helped me to fix the problem. In addition to that these guys made some snorkeling tours with us and showed us a lot of the maritime life around the island. Thank you guys, you really make a good job! Hope to see you again!
Ricarda: The german girl from reception helped us with just everything. She showed us the whole island and answered all our questions with a smile. Danke dir Ricarda, es hat uns sehr gefreut dich kennenzulernen!
The chef of Allegria: He always came out of the kitchen and asked us for a feedback concerning the meals and how he could do better. We couldn't complain about anything and were always happy to have a chat with him. On our last evening he made a special dinner for us which was just outstanding!
Mamoun: We met the resort manager almost everywhere. And everytime he took the time to shake hands and asked if he could do anything to improve our stay. Thank you very much Mamoun!

We were really impressed by the staff no matter what there job was. The restaurant staff, the gardeners, the housekeepers, just everybody faced us with a smile and made our stay very comfortable.
Thank you everybody!

Dominik, wir haben viel gutes über dich gehört und ich wäre gern eine Runde mit dir gekitet, aber der Wind war eh nicht so prall die Tage ;) Aber wir kommen wieder!

A minor thing to improve: I would recommend to be careful with too big groups of tourists. During our stay, a huge group of chinese tourists arrived which kind of disturbed the picture of a quiet peaceful island due to their behaviour.

Overall the LUX* Maldives was the best resort we have ever been to and we can recommend it without any doubt. Just go there and enjoy your holidays!

Cheers, Hanna and Goesta

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your amazing stories on Trip Advisor and we are proud of having made your holiday a memorable experience. I am glad that Mamoun and the team ensured you had a personalized and warm welcome and a great ten days with us. The dedication and friendliness of our team members is what really makes us special, thank you for highlighting some of our stars as kind comments like yours are the best motivation.
The entire team and I are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and are planning another holiday with us soon. I hope to welcome you again at LUX* Maldives for another unforgettable experience (and maybe then we can do a kite session together!).

With best wishes from us all,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in Lux Maldives for our honeymoon for approx. 9 days in the end of June 2013. The staff & resort were without fault. We were so sad to leave at the end of our stay! The staff were amazing, I have never had so many people say "hi" to us in 1 day. They were all so helpful & were always offering a smile with their service.

We made a few friends during our time, we were so lucky to be surrounded by so many people that made us feel at home. To say the least, we loved our "family" at Sense Bar & Restaurant. They were so lovely and took us in any time we were in need of a caffiene boost or a shisha! Conrad and his whole team were great, we will not forget you guys! We were shocked that Joe's enquiry into a coconut ashtray that was given to us poolside would result in them getting someone to make it for us as a going away present! Truely felt loved & will cherish the memories.

Another place we loved was "The Kitchen", the staff were so lovely, we had Hasan making us grass (leaf?) insects & fish. He was so creative & even took time out of his own personal time to show us how to make them on their staff beach! Hasan was a gem & and all round beautiful character. We were sad to leave without getting to give our thanks & say goodbye.

Oh, our room attendant Mustafa did an amazing job on our room every day. It was amazing! Mustafa put in so much work each and every day. He was so gracious & truely made us feel special with all his creations!

Also, Zain at reception was so friendly & funny. We considered him a friend & appreciated our parting gift of Snickers bars... We deperately tried to keep them from melting in the heat!

Lastly, the very friendly manager of the resort Mamoun. You were so friendly & made us feel welcome as though we could come to you with anything.

Thanks to everybody who made our honeymoon memorable, we will definitely be coming back to your resort x

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the beautiful beach villas, our favourite was the beach villa with the pool. Hig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your pleasant review. I am always very happy to read reviews like yours as they make what we do worth it. I am glad that you have found your second “family” at LUX* Maldives. I have shared it with all the islanders. Your comments are such a reward for all of us.
It is very important for us to ensure the most comfort and the best quality service to all our guests. I am glad to see that you had a memorable stay in LUX* Maldives and you enjoyed your island life.
Our facilities & the wide array of food & beverage on the island indeed cater to different guests with different interests and palates and I am pleased to see that you were able to find your own way to relax and enjoy.
We are very proud having succeeded in making your honeymoon so special, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another special celebration!
Again our warm congratulations to you both!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is of course it's pristine beaches but the service is not very good, I found hair in my pasta twice !!
We were staying in Beach Huts on a H/B basis and I hated the bathrooms, they had weird insects crawling inside them and there were ugly plants placed inside.

It takes nearly one hour to reach this island from Male first on a domestic flight, the airport is cramped and small, and then by bus and then again by a speed boat, which all in all is exhausting.
I was so tired with the room, the beach hut I upgraded it to a Water Villa, that too the best one in the resort !
The water Villa is excellent with plunge pools and private beach access, but is cut off from rest of the island so you need to call a buggy before half an hour if you want to go anywhere.

All in all, my stay in Maldives wasn't that great.Maybe I was expecting a bit more.

Room Tip: Go for water villas
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. It is very unfortunate that your stay at LUX* Maldives did not completely meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the lapse of service. I believe our executive Chef met with you after the reported incident as this is indeed very unusual, however we were not aware of a second occurrence, which came as a big surprise to us upon reading this review.

We offer two options to reach our island, wither via a direct seaplane flight or via a domestic flight to a close by island (also available late evenings) in connection with a 10 minute boat transfer.

We always try our very best to provide relaxing holidays and while your past stay was ‘near perfect’ I would welcome the opportunity to welcome you for another stay that will be just ‘perfect’.

Should you be willing to try LUX* Maldives again and to see that indeed we are constantly working to improve our guests experience, I would certainly like to hear from you.

With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed with Lux for a week in May this year, We had an absolute fantastic time there, and would love to return, the staff could not do enough for you, I am/was pregnant out there, and they were so accommodating with making me special food not on the menu, or special non-alcoholic cocktails. I really do recommend this hotel to anyone. Just make sure you book the restaurants the night you get there as they book up fast.
Special thanks is to Mohammad Ibrahim who made our stay extra special and went that extra mile to make sure we loved every minute. He looked after our water chalet, and he really was great. He'd leave us little surprises each night which made us smile each and every time we returned. The highlight was on the last night where he made me a lovely bath and covered it in fresh flowers. It was beautiful and so were the animals he made out of towels that he'd leave in the room.
Id recommend this island to anyone!
Hope to go back soon !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!
I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at LUX* Maldives and I am glad to see that you had a nice holiday with us.
The team at LUX* focuses on creating lasting memories for our guests. I have shared your kind comments with Mohamed Ibrahim, your villa attendant. Thank you for helping us keeps our team motivated with your kind comments!
I hope that you brought home many, many beautiful pictures along with the great memories. We are all looking forward to welcome you back at LUX* Maldives soon.
With best regards,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have put off writing this review as it would mean that our wonderful holiday was really over. We stayed at LUX* Maldives for 8 nights and it was the most wonderful holiday I have ever had. From the moment we were met on the jetty by the resort manager, Mamoun and his staff, we were treated like royalty. We stayed in the prestige water villa and it was everything that we had hoped it would be. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in (I am in fact trying to hunt down the mattress manufacturer). We often came home to wonderfully created animals (from sheets or towels) or a bed sprinkled with flowers (thank you Fatiyah). The water sports centre is manned by lovely people. Adam took us on a few house reef snorkels, a snorkelling safari and a whale shark safari and he was amazing - getting us on and off that boat in record time in order for us to see the whale sharks. He was also always trying to show you something under the water that you would never have seen had he not pointed it out. On our last 2 days we hired a speed boat and were taken to the most amazing reefs and swimming with lots of manta rays, so if you are able to do that I would highly recommend it and thanks to the guys who took us out both times. They are crazy and fun! Both my mother and myself had massages at the spa - we were in double heaven - my mother even returned the next day for the same massage she loved it so much.
Head chef Jonathan( a fellow South African and lovely man ) created wonderful menus and the dining at all the restaurants was superb. The buffets at night were a culinary delight, but it was the lunches at Senses Bar and Veli Beach bar that we loved the most. Conrad, Pintu, Alzam and Nisham and Rasheed looked after us so well - nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a huge smile. The menus at both beach bars were superb, I think we tried every dish and were never disappointed. The evening we spent at Senses restaurant was also a highlight - Ishaan created the most wonderful chicken tikka masala I have ever tasted, I was so upset that I had eaten a starter as I couldn't finish my meal - I still think about it ! The lovely guys at ICI Ice Cream bar who served us wonderful ice creams and sorbets every day (freshly made on the island) and the special ice cream created for us when we left were all superb - and the Lux Coffee Bar is also a must (with coffee also roasted on the island) thank you Mohammed (Lagoon Bar Manager), Nazish, Allauddin, Nazish and Nageeb (who was everywhere) and the wonderful crepe and pancake guy!!!
And then we met Luisa...duty manager and wonder woman! She not only organised us a coffee roasting tour (thank you Fayaz you are so knowledgeable - it could be all that coffee you drink ;-)) but also managed to secure us a late check out when the hotel was full. Nothing was ever a problem for her, she sorted everything out with a smile and felt like and old friend after a few days. Mamoun, who always popped in to say good evening, runs THE BEST resort I have ever been to. Excellent staff, excellent service!!! I cried when I left. If you are thinking of going to LUX* Maldives, just go, you will not be sorry. I am counting the days till I can return to what I can only describe as heaven on earth - I have not one complaint - it truly was perfect in every single way. So thank you to everyone at LUX Maldives, I may have spelt your names incorrectly so I do apologise for that, but thank you for the best holiday ever !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you for your very beautiful review. Reviews like yours are certainly the best motivation we can ask for.
Indeed, LUX* Maldives is a “heaven on earth” and a true “paradise”. It is a beautiful resort with beautiful people. I am very proud to work with all the team members of the resort. The passion, commitment and friendliness of all the islanders make LUX* Maldives extra special. Thank you for highlighting some of our Stars! I have complimented them personally.
You have detailed many of our special features in your review. The entire team and I are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and are planning another holiday with us soon. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With sincere regards,
Dominik

Been to LUX* Maldives? Share your experiences!