“Just fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LUX* Maldives

You added LUX* Maldives to your Saves list
LUX* Maldives
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dhidhoofinolhu, South Ari Atoll, Republic of Maldives (Formerly Diva Maldives)   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
London, England, United Kingdom
“Just fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I decided to do a "Once In A Lifetime" holiday and went to LUX on a recommendation and after reading TripAdvisor reviews.
The holiday gave us the beauty, seclusion, service and luxury we were hoping for. We decided to go All Inclusive and would strongly advise others to do so. Staff are wonderful and a credit to the resort.

My only (ONLY) criticism was that the All Inclusive ended dead on check out and for the 4 remaining hours before we could fly off the island, our options were limited without paying extra with their 'extension packages'. Shame as this is right at the very end of your stay and it comes across as a bit stingy/opportunistic, an anticlimax, stinted and a bit unnecessary. If they changed this then, no exaggeration, they're close to scoring 100%. It really is a Once In A Lifetime experience

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Beach Villa. You practically get your own section of beach!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Anthony,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the other travelers. I am glad that you have decided to visit us for a “Once in a Lifetime” holiday.

Your concern regarding the All Inclusive Package will definitely be reviewed. Thank you for for your constructive feedback as it will help us to consider necessary improvements for the future. On the other hand, I am glad that you have found at LUX* Maldives everything that you hoped for a holiday. Our team is very attentive to detail and I am happy to see you felt the kindness and friendliness that characterizes the islanders.
I hope that you will change your mind and make it at least a 'twice in a lifetime' holiday as all islanders would like to welcome you back to our shores!

With best wishes,

Dominik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Well let me start with positive points..lux maldives is a nice property with lots of water sports activities & beautiful pristine beaches ! We just came back from a holiday from there and it was nice.
The staff is very friendly and helpful but I must say a bit slow at times.The people at the reception is extremely slow and takes ages to answer any question.
At first we stayed in a Beach Pavilion, the room was average where the beach was playing peek a boo with us since it is hidden with lots of palm trees! So the name 'beach pavilion' is a not appropriate.
The bathroom is the worst in this type of room category.It had weird plants growing in the middle of the shower and ants were crawling all around the bathroom, though the bathroom is quite spacious with two showers and one bathtub, I despised going to the bathroom.There are weird reptiles crawling around the entire place and the lizards will make weird sounds all throughout the day and night.I would recommend anyone never to go for the beach pavilions until and unless you don't mind playing with the ants and listening to the reptiles.

There are two types of water villas - one prestige and another the normal one.I stayed in Lux Maldives for 3 nights with my family and on the last night I had to upgrade because I couldn't take it anymore, I had to pay $600 for one night for the Lux Villa, which was a delight compared to what we were staying in.It had a private plunge pool with private beach access ! Very Chic, but it is kind of at the end of the island so you need a buggy for you to move around ! For that you need to call the reception and book a buggy, but I had to keep on calling the reception for 4-5 times in order to get a buggy which was quite annoying !
The buggy's are usually all around the place for the guests to go around the resort which stretches for 1.8 Km and it is easily available within an interval of 10 minutes time, which is very very convenient ! But for the water villas you have to wait wait & wait.

Now for the restaurants, there are 5 of them. 3 ala carte comprising of Allegria - the italian one senses - indian and afghani food and umami - the japanese one, we were on a H/B basis so breakfast and dinner was all inclusive and I have to say the food is quite good, but let me warn you there is no A/C in any of the restaurants so if you want to have something in the afternoon please be aware that you will have to sweat it out while eating ! In these restaurants space is limited so you need to make reservation only the day you arrive, especially when you are clueless about the resort and don't know which one will be better and you would like go there a second time ! But thankfully we got to eat wherever we wanted to ! The East & the Island Bar Kitchen serves nice breakfast and these two are buffet restaurants and the best thing about their breakfast is the pancake station ! They have chocolate pancakes, crepes, waffles with lots of topping ! Yummy :)

Now another thing which I am concerned about is the Hygiene factor of the restaurants and the kitchen, the day I arrived I ordered for an in room dining, the menu is extremely limited so I requested them for a pasta in creamy white sauce with garlic and herbs, though reluctant at first they agreed to make me one, but unfortunately they just served too much of it, because it came with body hair ! Yucks...such a big turn off for me.

On the third day I went to a bar next to the swimming pool just opposite to the Island Bar and yet again my pasta came with bodily hair, which is not so nice.
Some of the staff at the spa and the reception and especially the ones at the Island Bar is extremely helpful and friendly.The resort manager Mr.Vijay tried to make our stay extremely comfortable.
I read the reviews in trip advisor and went for Lux Maldives but I feel with the kind of money I spent it was just not worth it.I should have gone for something far more better.All in all with the accommodation and the other expenses such as Spa services, water sports activities and lunch along with drinks I had to shell out around $6000 (approx) which I think is not worth the stay !

I am sure other 5* resorts are much much better ! So for me it's a complete no no.

Room Tip: Please go for Water Villas unless you like ants crawling around your feet and reptiles making silly...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your experience with us.
Our first priority is our Guest’s satisfaction, and we want everyone to leave us with great memories. Unfortunately, we did not manage to reach your expectations in all areas, and on behalf of our team, please accept our sincere apologies.

The outdoor bathrooms are a very unique feature of many resorts in the Maldives. As these are 'open air' it is indeed possible and not unusual that you may see a gecko or a lizard, which are absolutely harmless and most guests take these as unique photo opportunities. For guests preferring indoor bathrooms we would recommend our Water Villas, which you also experienced during your stay.

I was very concerned to read about the hair found in the food. This is not at all common and for this to happen twice is unheard of. We always use the highest hygiene standards and have constant and regular checks carried out. We know how important this is and go far above what is required from local authorities to ensure highest standards. Your comments have been taken very seriously by us for follow up!

On the other hand,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our team members wich is always an inspiration for our team! It is good to see that Vijai managed to ensure you had an extremely comfortable stay with us.

I have shared your review with all the islanders, as it is our policy to share all the guests’ comments, good or bad. They all help us to continue to strive for perfection in everything we do!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just came back from 12 nights holiday in Lux Maldives and it has been one of our best holiday ever. This is the third time I have visited the Maldives and I must admit this is my favorite resort.
First of all, the Sea plane journey to/from the island is great fun and a real treat to the eyes, even though on the way back we stopped at two other resorts to drop / pick up passengers before going to Male.

The island is one of the biggest in Maldives with one resort only . So there is plenty to do for those who like exploring, walking around the island and snorkeling in different places. The resort and its facilities are beautiful and kept to a high standard in a very understated way. It is all chic relaxed and we felt at home straight away :-).
There is a great choice of places to eat from Mediterranean to Eastern cuisines and the food is really excellent.

Most importantly, the staff there is so kind and friendly. From house keeping to resort Managers, all provide high standard services. Very polite, genuinely smiling and always willing to do their utmost to help : Kairuhl at the Island Bar is very welcoming and prepare the best cocktails in the evening. During the day, we were impressed by Alladin's friendliness and his most delicious iced teas and coffees and homemade ice cream at the Lagoon bar. There is also an amazing team at the sports/diving centre , especially with very special Buggy who took us snorkeling to an incredibly beautiful reef , 15 minute journey on jet skis from the resort. House keeping really pay attention to details during our entire stay and spoiled us with beautiful flowers decoration on our bed and in the bathroom.

Reef sharks and sting rays feeding in the evening is carefully done in a non invasive way and gave us all the opportunity to see how beautiful these creatures are. If you pay a visit to the main peer in the evening, you might be lucky to spot a couple of mantas feeding on plankton. And if you miss the mantas, later on , you will probably spot a few sting rays, and reef sharks passing by.

All in all, a highly recommended place to stay for those who wish to do very little and relax or those who wish to explore and have fun.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at LUX* Maldives I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to see that LUX* Maldives exceeded all your expectations.
We put a strong emphasis on being a friendly resort adequate for all travelers and I am glad to see that you felt that. I have shared your good comments with all the islanders particularly with the ones you have mentioned.
The beautiful lagoon, the mantas, reef sharks and sting rays in our location are very memorable experiences and I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy it.
I am also glad that your sea plane journey is a great fun and a real treat to your eyes.
We hope to welcome you back again to explore and have fun again.
With our best wishes,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I spent 6 nights in a over-water bungalow at Lux Maldives. We enjoyed daily snorkeling trips, spending time on the beach and taking photos. The scenery was amazing. We were snorkeling twice a day and saw new fish and coral on every trip. The water sports crew were very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The equipment was all in excellent condition.

Even with over 400 people on the island, the resort felt private and personal.

The food was expensive and the all inclusive package was well worth it. The drinks were very good. The seafood was excellent, everything else was so so.

The daily sting ray feedings and baby shark feedings were an extraordinary experience.

The service was impeccable. Muhammad Ibrahiam kept our room in ideal condition. The bar tenders were very friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.

Overall, the Lux was amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor! LUX* Maldives is indeed reckoned for being a honeymooners paradise as much as a family friendly resort.
We aim at providing the very best for our guests and I am glad to see that your stay here exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed the different activities and the wide selection of restaurants and bars LUX* Maldives has to offer.
The all inclusive package we offer aims at making each stay more comfortable. Contrary to many other resorts we provide a wide choice of all our restaurants within this package and I am happy to see that it did just that with you.

Keeping up our service standards is very important to us and I am glad to know that you enjoyed the friendliness of the team and the personalized service. I have shared your kind comments with Ibrahim, your villa attendant as well as with the water sports team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you on the island again soon, although we know it is a very long journey for you…
With best regards,
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We did spend 5 nights at Lux last month with my wife and stayed at one of the water villa's, which was nice.

Overall the service in the hotel and restaurants was good and the all inclusive package was worth getting.

Gym was well equipped and effective setup.

It was also good to have several restaurant choices for dinners, but book them right away when you arrive to make sure they have room for you, especially the Japanese restaurant has very limited seating. Senses was our favorite and did dine there twice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It has been shared with all the islanders. We make it a point to welcome every guest upon arrival and provide all information about the island. At the same time we encourage our guests to plan ahead so as to ensure one can enjoy all the restaurants and our facilities.
We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope to welcome you back to LUX* Maldives in the near future.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just spent 10days in lux the most perfect place we have ever been , out of this world 5 star plus ...
lux you have thought of every thing , my lovely husband treated us we stayed in the water villas we were so spoiled , the all- inclusive was outstanding perfect , all the staff were so lovely, the last night we ate in the senses restaurant we were given a table on the beach it was such a lovely way to spend our last night ,if you want the wow factor it is the place to go , resort , staff and the team you do a fantastic job to make it paradise , we will be going back . thank you lux

Room Tip: stay in the middle of water villas room 131 was just not to far to walk to eat
Dear Jacqui,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We were glad that you have found “perfect place and paradise” in LUX* Maldives!
On behalf of all the islanders, I would like to thank you for your kind comments. You cannot imagine how proud the team is, having made your holiday so special. Recommendations like yours are indeed the motivation our team needs to continue to strive for perfection.
Once again, thank you for your review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!
With our best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We are totally in love with Lux Maldives, there is so much on offer to see & do on this island. The generosity from the management is refreshing too, esp. in the Maldives as the absence of nickel and dime-ing makes the experience so much more pleasurable. We always choose half board & have had the choice of x5 restaurants, and the food throughout has been superb. The italian restaurant is outstanding 10/10. I had the pleasure to meet the Executive chef at breakfast & was asked what my experience has been thus far. He was v interested in all feedback which seems true of all the staff at Lux, who are genuinely keen to listen to guests and to offer the best they can. The staff are so friendly & helpful! We have used the Spa (sauna steam plunge pool) which is complimentary even though we did not have treatments, and a fantastic facility. I have joined the group yoga daily and Mannish is a real asset to the island and a brilliant teacher! The talented room attendant has amazed me with their romantic gestures of flowers, bubble baths and towel artwork!! The free bicycles are a great idea as are the buggy carts and for a larger island it is so easy to move about! I feel like I'm on a honey moon even though i am not it so romantic here x we loved the tea tasting and the herb garden and photo booth xx My only suggestions ( minor improvements in the whole scheme) would be fresh juice for breakfast, which I have never com across in Maldives as its always from concentrate & I would love to see some beautiful greenery/plant life on the deck of the water villas to add some colour. Xx we are definitely returning! Already thinking about our next trip! We have previously visited x3 previous Maldives islands and not felt like returning.however, Lux has won our hearts!! X

Room Tip: Water villas are like being in the middle of a huge swimming pool!! Wonderful - we are Far East side...
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for having taken your time to post your your amazing stories on the Trip Advisor World!
I am really happy that LUX* Maldives captured your heart and you already thought of your next visit. All islanders genuinely wish to create memorable holidays for all our guests and I am glad to see you felt that. I have shared you beautiful comments with all the islanders particularly with Manish, your yoga instructor.
LUX* Maldives offers a wide variety of activities, facilities that will definitely indulge our guests to relaxation. I am delighted that you have enjoyed every single moment of your stay with us. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the quality of our food and loved the little surprises of your villa attendant. I have shared your kind comments to our chefs and to our villa attendant as well. Your comments are inspiration for all of us.
Once again, thank you and I hope to welcome you again for another well deserved break!
Dominik

Been to LUX* Maldives? Share your experiences!