This island is the greatest.
Just like the postcards of the paradise of Maldives. Never tried these white sands, 200% relax when you want, or diving with Whale Sharks (we dived with 2) if you wanted a thrill.
With a private beach house, all-inclusive at all the different restaurants, house keeping and cleaning two time a day (they even swept the sand on the beach every morning), High tech Gym, and a watersports center - you really want to live there !!
(just give me an internet line, and Im all-in for working from the beach :-) )
We had the greatest person, Shareef, taking care of our two Beach Houses. We installed our 3 daughters in one, and Charlotte and I stayed in another just beside on the beach.
Every day he produced the nicest/funniest figures of the towels placed on our beds, with one hand, and cleaned everything with the other.
All staff was truly amazing, and there are at least one staff pr. person, and I cannot count the smiles and "goodmornings" I have said during this greatest holliday ever.
When we arrived, we were personally met by the manager of the whole LUX* island - Dominik, wanting to make sure, that we started relaxing from the minute we arrived.
During the 12 days on Maldives we also booked the Islands Dive Center (EURO Divers), in order to get PADI Open Water divers certificate. All three daugthers (12y, 14y and 16y) incl. myself passed the exam, and a whole new world of breathing under water opened up ....
Diving is a "must do" on Maldives!! - imagine you are dipped into the clearest blue water ever, and several thousands of colorfull saltwater fish are swimming around you. Corals come alive on the reef, and small baby sharks are slowly moving below you....you look up, and a giant Mantaray (3 meters), swing by you within one meter......its amazing - truly WOW experience!!
As a father to three teenage daughters, swiming on 10 meter water, and then experience my youngest daughter (12y) passing below me between 200 beautifull yellow saltwater fish, and then looking up, signing "ok" with her hand.....its undescribable.....
I can keep on writing about this absolutly totally great LUX resort - but just buy a postcard of the Maldives, or watch the video from LUX* Maldives on youtube - IT IS JUST LIKE THAT, nothing have been through photoshop for editing. Go there and enjoy - we did, and its not the last time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Resort', 2014 World Travel Awards and 'Leading Family Resort', 2014 Maldives Travel Awards A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll