We came back from LUX Maldives last week after spending a week here on honeymoon. What a beautiful island. The staff are amazing and can't do enough to help you. We stayed in a beach villa on the sunset side. it was perfect. The island is one of the larger ones but this is great as it means there is always choice of where to eat and drink. Shan at the east bar makes the best cocktails on the island, not to be missed!! Khan at Veli is always happy and welcoming for a lovely lunch by the pool/beach. Make sure you make table reservations at the a la carte restaurants early so that you sre not dissapointed when they are full. Especially Umami, The Japanese.
The Whale shark safari is an amazing experience.
Mario met us of the seaplane and made us feel at home straight away by taking us to our villa by golf buggie, Where he explained where everything was.
The golf buggies are always running throughout the day to take you from one end of the island to the other, if you don't want to walk. We very rarely used the buggies, and didnt use the free push bikes, Although there was always some avaible. We enjoyed to walk round the island and take in the beauty.
Look out for a message in a bottle. I looked everyday but unfortunately didn't find one, But i spoke to others that had foud them! Great idea!
We went All Inclusive and I can't understand why anyone would go on any other board basis. There is so much choice of food and drink and is well worth it!
Great place, would go back again. We were well nd truly spoilt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Resort', 2014 World Travel Awards and 'Leading Family Resort', 2014 Maldives Travel Awards A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll