“Diva (Now Lux) we loved it so much!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LUX* Maldives

You added LUX* Maldives to your Saves list
LUX* Maldives
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dhidhoofinolhu, South Ari Atoll, Republic of Maldives (Formerly Diva Maldives)   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
australia
“Diva (Now Lux) we loved it so much!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Diva (now Lux) We loved it!

Wow… We loved this resort. We travelled there for a week on the 6th Nov with our two small children aged 2.5yrs and our 9-10 month old. It was important to pick a clean family friendly resort that was beautiful. I loved the different shades of blue stretching as far as the eye could see… We found this resort island absolutely breathtaking.
The service was outstanding! This was the best service we received in the Maldives and have stayed also at Lily Beach, Conrad and Sun Island. I can’t thank the staff enough for their friendly efficient service. They took such good care of our children and absolutely went out of their way to make our stay special.
We loved the East for breakfast and were greeted with a big smile from our waitress Shakira who prepared our table with our high chairs before arrival every morning with our table of choice. We were so grateful for her friendly service. We decided to stay having breakfast there every morning. We thought the buffet breakfast was really good quality and we never wanted for anything more. Our son loved the pan cakes every morning. We are people who enjoy curries and they had excellent curries every morning.
Lunch was also excellent. We ate at the Noo restaurant every day except one. Our waiter Sinaan was also fantastic with our children. Nothing was too much trouble and we really appreciated it. Many other staff were also extremely helpful!
Dinner was also good but we ate at a few different places. The Italian restaurant we had great service and food was pretty good but I actually preferred the buffet restaurants (I usually prefer a la carte meals)

A very big thank you to our baby sitter Aisha. She made our stay so relaxing and I knew my kids were in good hands with her and my baby loved her!! I can’t thank her enough and she even bought our kids presents when we left. Ever so grateful

Our room:
We booked the interconnecting Beach Pavillion room type (I think they were just called deluxe rooms when we booked). We requested the sunset side. This was the only disappointment we had with the resort during our whole stay. Most of these room types have a fantastic view of the water but our first room was hidden by more vegetation then the others and was on the sunrise side. I actually felt deflated when I did go over to the sunset side and I wanted to move. They did do their best to move us which they did after two nights. Pretty hard when the resort is full to move us when we needed the connecting rooms. So they made their best effort to make us happy. That’s really my only grouch as when requesting the sunset side it was made clear that it’s a request (which of course I realise this). Not even we will try our best to accommodate your request. So when we didn’t get it, I kind of expected the request was never going to happen. But they did move us, however packing up the kids things was a bit frustrating! The rooms we moved to was much better, but it was still the villa’s the furtherest back on the sunset side.. But that just seems my luck and I’ve travelled extensively. Still very beautiful. That's the luck of the draw so no problem at the end of the day. We did lose the most impressive room attendant. He was fantastic. His attention to detail was beyond outstanding. I was sad when we lost him. Our new room attendant was still very nice and polite. So no problem at all. I think our anniversary was also forgotten as no bed decorations or anything like that. We were told on arrival a cake would be delivered but that didn’t happen. We really didn’t mind we had 2 bottles of wine and 2 cookies delivered through out our stay. We had ordered our children room service which they end up taking off our bill. We were blown away with how good this resort was with our children!!!
One suggestion.. The kettles in the rooms were pretty average. Seemed a bit faulty as wouldn't always switch off automatically after boiling.. perhaps better quality kettles would be a good idea.
A tip to ladies with long hair. It’s a good idea to bring your own conditioner. I was using half the bottle each time and I still found it was like water. All the other bits and pieces you get are great 

So our room was fantastic. Massive having the 2 rooms connecting! If you have children and like for us they had a deal that we didn’t pay much more for the extra room, I would highly recommend them!!! I also found the bed so comfortable

The all inclusive was fantastic. The amount of choice was excellent. Cocktails and wine. Excellent. Yes I wish it included mini bar especially when you have children but I was really impressed with the choice we had. Bottled wine with our meals (and had a NZ Sauvignon which made me very happy)

I would also like to mention Khan from the Pool bar and Noo restaurant. I think he was a supervisor or Manager? He was fantastic! He was on the ball and really friendly!! I still can’t get over how good our service was!! More than exceeded our expectations!!

We had the most amazing tour to see the whale sharks. Our boat crew was ever so helpful. They actually cared about us getting to see such an amazing creature and they truly wanted us to have a good time. I was so happy to see them.. Last time in the Maldives we lucked out.. So it was our 9th wedding anniversary that day so what an amazing way to spend it..

I think this resort is fantastic with children but also would be great for a romantic occasion. Because the island is large in Maldivian terms the beaches really were empty. We stayed at a different resort after and I felt a bit cramped on the beach. I missed my sweeping beaches at Diva!! I never had anyone very close to me if I was laying on my deck chair. Very private..

We left by speedboat to Lily beach and both my Husband and I didn’t want to look back.. We were both really sad to leave… I would definitely go back!!! We hope to go back! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Sunset side rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
gmdiva, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
On behalf of all the islanders, thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for doing this in so much detail!
We are proud to set ourselves as a family-oriented resort as few in the Maldives and I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities as well as the service. I have shared your comments with the team, especially Shakira, Sinaan and the team at the kids club. it is through people like them that holidays here are just that little more special.
I have also noted your both positive and negative comments on the position of the villa and the cleanliness during your stay, shared them with the housekeeping team and use them as learning tool for improvement.
The All Inclusive package is a always a recommended choice when traveling with children and I am glad you found our offerings beyond your expectations. I made sure that Khan and his team received your kind notes and took them as valid examples to look for ways to improve.
I can also let you know that we have since changed our conditioner and now offer ways that also the hair feels like being on a vacation!
I do look forward to welcoming you soon again on the island for another family holiday or why not, Your next romantic getaway…?
with tropical regards,
Dominik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a six day stay at Diva (now LUX*) Maldives. We enjoyed it so much that we extended our original four-day booking. We would certainly recommend it.

Truly world-class service across the whole resort. The most consistent and genuinely helpful service I've seen anywhere. Nothing was too much of an effort for anyone.

Great diving with whale sharks, turtles, manta rays and myriad assorted colourful tropical fish. Our dive guides (Vanessa and Jordan) were excellent as were all the boat staff. Clear briefings. Attentive. Fun. Enthusiastic. There to help when needed. The diving couldn't have been better.

Before going I read some of the reviews here on Trip Advisor and was slightly apprehensive about the snorkelling / swimming off the resort. I shouldn't have been concerned. At the right time of the tide, there was some very pretty snorkelling just on our doorstep.

We had a beach villa, the cheapest option and wouldn't have changed it. The sea was 15m from our bed. We had privacy and shade from the palm trees. We were lucky that a natural deep pool had formed just 20m into the shallow waters so we could dive and swim when needing to cool off properly. The room was immaculate with a romantic en-suite bathroom with outdoor shower.

It is a personal choice I guess, but I wouldn't go for the more expensive water villa. They seemed to be less private and are at the extremities of the island. (OK - its a small island I know!) A friend staying on the island at the same time moved out of his water villa, finding the sound of water against the pontoon noisy.

We took the 'all inclusive' package for food and drink and were very happy with it. We'd recommend it. The food and drink covered by the package were generally very good. We weren't expecting Michelin-starred food but were pleasantly surprised with the quality and variety available across all the restaurants. (The East Restaurant is the only one we didn't want to go back to; the food was average.) There are some stunning places to have a cocktail at sunset so we made sure we got good value out of the 'all-in' package on the drinks front at least!

The resort has a very happy and relaxed 'vibe'. We really felt that the entire resort staff looked after us very throughout our stay and were all motivated by a desire to see us have a good time. There were no attempts to push additional services or products.

Dear Oliver,
On behalf of all the islanders, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value contributions like yours, as they represent a valid tool to motivate the team and encourage them to always look for way of improvement. I am also glad you enjoyed diving and snorkeling as it truly is one of the island highlights and I have shared your comments with Vanessa at the Diving Centre. but you will agree, with diving sites like these, how could anyone not be enthusiastic about their work??? Thank you for letting us know your views on the All Inclusive package and I am happy to see that you found it suitable.
I look forward to having you soon back again for another well deserved holiday.
with best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

LUX* Maldives is a beautiful resort with excellent and attentive service from all staff from start to finish.

Arrival:
We were transferred immediately upon arrival at Male Airport to the Lux* Private Lounge at the Maldivan Air taxi Terminal. We waited at the lounge for 45 minutes where we could access free wifi whilst being served cold drinks, fresh fruit, and other small bites to eat. The transfer to the resort is a relatively short 30-minute flight with stunning views across the Maldives throughout. Upon arrival at the Resort we were greeted by staff and taken straight to the reception area where we enjoyed a refreshing fresh lemon drink whilst we discussed plans for dinner with the Hotel Manager.

Water Villa:
The Water Villas are spacious and come with a balcony, 2 deck chairs, and a table for two. The shower overlooks the water below and is spectacular during the morning Sunrise period.

Food:
Lunch was served in many of the smaller bars and restaurants across the island. All inclusive is the best way to reduce the price of your package as food is sold at a premium. For example, US$70 for a buffet.
Allegria (Italian) was definitely the best restaurant for the evening, closely followed by Umami (Japanese) and Senses (Middle Eastern).

Pools:
The two infinity pools offered great views into the Indian Ocean. Perfection.

Room Tip: 1) Order some fruit juices and smoothies along with a fruit platter in the morning to enjoy outside...
Dear Cecilia,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor, I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced a bit of island life. I have shared your notes with the team to motivate them and encourage them to keep it up. On behalf of all my islanders, I do look forward to welcome you soon again,
with best wishes,
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We went to Lux Maldives for our honeymoon from the 2nd to the 9th of December.

To be totally honest, a few weeks before leaving we were about to cancel our trip to Lux as we read quite a few bad reviews on Tripadvisor. Our travel agent managed to convince us to try it anyway as he really liked it himself and to be honest we do not regret it..at all!

Here is why:
- Airport arrival: on our arrival at Male, we were greeted by staff from Lux and escorted to waiting lounge which is very enjoyable

- beautiful room: we had an amazing water villa on the sunrise side. A bit further away from the other villas, we enjoyed the extra privacy. The room is well furnished (wooden architecture) and has both AC and fan. The bathroom has a view on the ocean and the outside shower is a great plus. Our room boy was lovely and they come twice a day to your room (in the morning to clean the room and make your bed and in the evening to prepare your bed for the night: remove the cover, the extra pillows, etc..)

- amazing staff: we were regularly greeted by members of the management team who always enquired about our stay and ensured to make it better. Most of the staff on the island were very nice, always keen to talk to you and tell more about the Maldives.

- watersport: I was a bit concerned about snorkelling as I read negative comments previously but there was really nothing to worry about. The daily free trip takes you to the nearby reef and you can see great marine life: we saw sea turtles and eagle rays a few time. You have to pay for other trips but they are some great packages for honeymooners and family and we did get to go quite a few times on longer trips and got to swim with a school of Manta Rays and 2 whale sharks. The team was great and always keen on making your experience better (they kindly provided an underwater camera to capture our great moments!)

Our only concern regarding swimming close to the villas and in the lagoon were the sting rays. We saw a lot on our arrival and it kind of refrained us from enjoying the lagoon fully.

- restaurants & bars: there is a great variety of restaurants and bars on the island. Our favourite was the italian (good food and beautiful presentation with a great selection of wine) for dinner, closely followed by the Japanese restaurant. For lunch, if you are in the all inclusive package, you are better off going to the East Lagoon buffet which offers a wide range of salads, grilled meats and/or fish, pizza, etc.. as well as fruits and good desserts.
Cocktails are very good and they have so many that even by trying different ones everyday, we will need to come back to try the others.

The only restaurant we didn't like was Sense: the food was not really good and it was the least nice staff of the entire island (they weren't rude but compared to the others who were really nice, they felt a bit cold)

I would like to add that now all restaurant and bars are part of the all inclusive package! Also while the island was 80% full, we never had a problem booking and we always kind of felt alone <3

We have really enjoyed our time at Lux and would love to come back soon! Thank you very much everyone for a great stay

Room Tip: Water villa on the East side are quieter. Beach villa have a nice beach on the west side
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

The best island,with the most friendly staff,fab food,our 2nd time in october having been in april we went back with friends,had the best holiday ever,so good we have all re booked for april.
This is a great place made so special by the wonderful people that work their.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Jonabi,
Short and sweet, it is great to see your comments like yours shared on TripAdvisor, and most of all to have had you back on the island for the 2nd time. I do look forward to welcoming you back in April and do let us know if we can do anything to prepare for your return!
You will be pleasantly surprised to see some of the nice additions we have made (such as a great coffee bar, an Italian Pizza Oven on the Beach or a phone booth offering free calls around the world).

see you soon,

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

It's a funny hotel. website got no contact no, and when you email them they don't reply. I book the room, tried calling them, can't find any number on their website, email them and they don't reply, i just hope when i reach there i got a room to stay.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
gmdiva, General Manager at LUX* Maldives, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Ken,

while we want to be a fun resort, we certainly do not want to be a funny hotel! We searched everywhere and could not find any emails from you. I think I can not post an email in my respnse, however on our website you can find our contact page or contact us via our page on Tripadvisor page as well. Alternatively please look for the 'LUX Maldives Resort' facebook page where you can reach us as well. Upon arrival to the airport all our guests are greeted by our airport team and escorted to our private lounge at the seaplane terminal, so rest assured that you will be in good hands once you arrive to the Maldives.
As you seem to be arriving from Singapore, please also keep in mind that we now offer night transfers to our resort. should this be of interest to you, please do contact us.
Best regards,
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

Just back from an all too short break at Diva after surviving the mayhem of the Sri Lankan roads. Stayed in lovely beach villa on sunset side of island. Food, service and atmosphere superb. My wife so enjoyed the Spa. Thanks also to the nurse who attended to my wife's insect bites (from Sri Lanka!)
Saving up for a return visit.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to LUX* Maldives? Share your experiences!