Diva (now Lux) We loved it!
Wow… We loved this resort. We travelled there for a week on the 6th Nov with our two small children aged 2.5yrs and our 9-10 month old. It was important to pick a clean family friendly resort that was beautiful. I loved the different shades of blue stretching as far as the eye could see… We found this resort island absolutely breathtaking.
The service was outstanding! This was the best service we received in the Maldives and have stayed also at Lily Beach, Conrad and Sun Island. I can’t thank the staff enough for their friendly efficient service. They took such good care of our children and absolutely went out of their way to make our stay special.
We loved the East for breakfast and were greeted with a big smile from our waitress Shakira who prepared our table with our high chairs before arrival every morning with our table of choice. We were so grateful for her friendly service. We decided to stay having breakfast there every morning. We thought the buffet breakfast was really good quality and we never wanted for anything more. Our son loved the pan cakes every morning. We are people who enjoy curries and they had excellent curries every morning.
Lunch was also excellent. We ate at the Noo restaurant every day except one. Our waiter Sinaan was also fantastic with our children. Nothing was too much trouble and we really appreciated it. Many other staff were also extremely helpful!
Dinner was also good but we ate at a few different places. The Italian restaurant we had great service and food was pretty good but I actually preferred the buffet restaurants (I usually prefer a la carte meals)
A very big thank you to our baby sitter Aisha. She made our stay so relaxing and I knew my kids were in good hands with her and my baby loved her!! I can’t thank her enough and she even bought our kids presents when we left. Ever so grateful
We booked the interconnecting Beach Pavillion room type (I think they were just called deluxe rooms when we booked). We requested the sunset side. This was the only disappointment we had with the resort during our whole stay. Most of these room types have a fantastic view of the water but our first room was hidden by more vegetation then the others and was on the sunrise side. I actually felt deflated when I did go over to the sunset side and I wanted to move. They did do their best to move us which they did after two nights. Pretty hard when the resort is full to move us when we needed the connecting rooms. So they made their best effort to make us happy. That’s really my only grouch as when requesting the sunset side it was made clear that it’s a request (which of course I realise this). Not even we will try our best to accommodate your request. So when we didn’t get it, I kind of expected the request was never going to happen. But they did move us, however packing up the kids things was a bit frustrating! The rooms we moved to was much better, but it was still the villa’s the furtherest back on the sunset side.. But that just seems my luck and I’ve travelled extensively. Still very beautiful. That's the luck of the draw so no problem at the end of the day. We did lose the most impressive room attendant. He was fantastic. His attention to detail was beyond outstanding. I was sad when we lost him. Our new room attendant was still very nice and polite. So no problem at all. I think our anniversary was also forgotten as no bed decorations or anything like that. We were told on arrival a cake would be delivered but that didn’t happen. We really didn’t mind we had 2 bottles of wine and 2 cookies delivered through out our stay. We had ordered our children room service which they end up taking off our bill. We were blown away with how good this resort was with our children!!!
One suggestion.. The kettles in the rooms were pretty average. Seemed a bit faulty as wouldn't always switch off automatically after boiling.. perhaps better quality kettles would be a good idea.
A tip to ladies with long hair. It’s a good idea to bring your own conditioner. I was using half the bottle each time and I still found it was like water. All the other bits and pieces you get are great
So our room was fantastic. Massive having the 2 rooms connecting! If you have children and like for us they had a deal that we didn’t pay much more for the extra room, I would highly recommend them!!! I also found the bed so comfortable
The all inclusive was fantastic. The amount of choice was excellent. Cocktails and wine. Excellent. Yes I wish it included mini bar especially when you have children but I was really impressed with the choice we had. Bottled wine with our meals (and had a NZ Sauvignon which made me very happy)
I would also like to mention Khan from the Pool bar and Noo restaurant. I think he was a supervisor or Manager? He was fantastic! He was on the ball and really friendly!! I still can’t get over how good our service was!! More than exceeded our expectations!!
We had the most amazing tour to see the whale sharks. Our boat crew was ever so helpful. They actually cared about us getting to see such an amazing creature and they truly wanted us to have a good time. I was so happy to see them.. Last time in the Maldives we lucked out.. So it was our 9th wedding anniversary that day so what an amazing way to spend it..
I think this resort is fantastic with children but also would be great for a romantic occasion. Because the island is large in Maldivian terms the beaches really were empty. We stayed at a different resort after and I felt a bit cramped on the beach. I missed my sweeping beaches at Diva!! I never had anyone very close to me if I was laying on my deck chair. Very private..
We left by speedboat to Lily beach and both my Husband and I didn’t want to look back.. We were both really sad to leave… I would definitely go back!!! We hope to go back! Highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Resort', 2014 World Travel Awards and 'Leading Family Resort', 2014 Maldives Travel Awards A luxury resort in Maldives, with 4 km of beaches, charming water villas and a world-class diving centre Above or below the waterline, the Maldives presents a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, nature and activities that never fails to delight. And LUX* Maldives is no exception. As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in South Ari Atoll, this luxury resort in Maldives offers real insight into unspoiled island living. A spontaneous atmosphere provides delights at every turn, with anything from impromptu cinema screenings on the beach to pop-up musical performances. The lagoon is ideal for snorkelling and whale shark spotting, while two pools and a spa at this idyllic Maldives resort offer a welcome break from the beach. Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens and taste authentic island cuisine at our numerous restaurants. Wherever you venture at this luxury resort in Maldives, expect to be pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your LUX* Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll