“There is no better way to enjoy your holidays at the Maldives” 5 of 5 stars

You added Safari Island to your Saves list
Safari Island
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mushimasmingili, North Ari Atoll / Maldives   |
Santiago, Chile
“There is no better way to enjoy your holidays at the Maldives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a moment, every guest has been waiting for: A brand new Resort (6 months old), managed by Angaga Resort. We had a 9 day stay at the Safari Island Resort. We had a Over-Water-Villa and the best bed to sleep... We enjoyed the perfect food, presented by Chef Haneez and his kitchen-crew. He made it possible, that we have been provided with fresh fruit and cheese-plates daily. It was a pleasure to receive the excelent waiter-service of Ali. The Bar was also great and you can choose of a wide range of Cocktails and Spirits. The Bar-Crew was always friendly and provided a perfect service. Since the first day, we had our own reserved table in the Bar. The rooms has been cleaned up to 3 times daily. The beaches, the House-Reef and the possibility to snorkel were also perfekt. The diving-school is very personel and you can choose from a wide range of diving-courses. We have planned our next stay there for end of September.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Antibes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Heaven is the only word I can use to explain the incredible experience we had at Safari Island Resort and Spa! Everything was perfect from the marine life, safari boat cruise to a private little island, Spa, and throughout the resort- the friendly staff at reception, gift shop, bar, boat crew, restaurant, dancing, great food- lovely breakfast chef,- its all perfect! Our water villa was breathtaking as was our entire stay! We will go back for sure and we would highly suggest it to everyone! Thank you !!

Room Tip: I would pick the water villas on the side of the reef for both swimming and snorkeling as well as pr...
Antibes, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just back from a 12 night stay on Safari Island in a water villa.
As a brand new resort it was up and running perfectly, It was everything and much more than we expected !. Perfect beaches, we had the feeling of being there alone on the sand although the island was almost full. one bar and one restaurant was enough as they are both wonderful. A great unexpected surprise was that as we stayed more than 7 nights, we had a private luxury cruise for a whole day, waited on hand and foot by our own 3 crew, we snorkelled, saw dolphins, fished, visited a local island, swam with turtles, and had lunch set up for us on a deserted island !
Service perfect, room perfect, weather, perfect, food catered to all nationalities and was as good as it gets. we went half board as we don't usually eat 3 times a day and it was plenty. A nice sandwich or salad in the bar for lunch. Very reasonable prices on cocktails and snacks. The staff are really friendly and always willing to help. Even though we were there for the first week with no luggage, (due to airline not Safari Island), it didn't spoil anything, and honestly you don't really need much to wear. Will DEFINATELY go back. PARADISE

Room Tip: All rooms looked good, the water villa side looked more picturesque to me
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

we had wonderful stay at Safari island Maldives, great staff and choices of delicious food for Breakfast , lunch & Dinner. The beach is beautiful, and its small but amazing location with very calm. Maldives is best place for the holidays and its really paradise

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Quite new so everything still ongoing. Still quite a lot of things need to be done up. For the price we are paying, is worth it compare to others resort in Maldives. Food wise is boring, same food everyday and tasteless.
The trip is wonderful base on the company and the place is ok overall.

Room Tip: Overwater villa is nice but a long walk to the restaurant and pool. Diving was disappointed, maybe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

North Ari Atoll is very far by boat! Please take the seaplane.
I know hotels in Maldives are generally expensive but this one seems rather bare and slightly incomplete. The distance it takes to walk from our water chalet is also very very far and under the scotching hot sun. As there is no room service, we have to walk at least 6 times per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These were the only inconvenience during my trip.
Other than that, the water is beautifully clear and very enticing. It is hard not to take a dip.. equally hard to not get burnt. Staff (especially the senior ones) are very sincere and friendly.
Sea life in abundance - baby sharks, angel fish, eel, you name it! Literally a dive site brought closer to land!
Most memorable part about my trip is that I fell asleep on the deck chair at my villa under a clear night with countless stars in the sky!
Overall - great trip and wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Perfect Holliday

We are Maldives Fans most definitely. Every year we go back and it's always marvelous.

This year I've chosen the new Safari Island resort for our family holiday and Loved the Island.

Obviously since the resort only opened for business last March everything is new.

Accommodation - Initially we stayed in a overwater villa, very beautiful, facing the reef (as I asked for). Very comfortable bed and since it has glass walls and glass door to the deck it's very spacious. Absolutely loved it, we did request to move to a beach villa, why? because this island's beach was so amazing that it would be a waste not to enjoy it completely and believe me when I say it, it was the right choice, I did hesitate a lot at first because the OW was gorgeous but so was the beach villa. The furnishings of the villas are exactly the same and are very comfortable. The only thing that I did miss was the open air bathroom, they don't have them. Would that influence my choice of going back to Safari Island, not at all. Love the beach, lovely reef, very rich reef life and I'm only sorry I didn't dive it more, but I did snorkel more than once a day. Never the same, always something new to see, beautiful anemones, clown and clark's clown fish, oriental sweet lips, trevally to mention a few and the always amazing baby black tip reef sharks around and about the school of small fishes. One never gets tired of watching them swimming around.

Food - The food is excellent, to be honest for us Europeans is one of the best I've had in the Maldives. Excellent... Breakfast is the standard buffet type with your made to order omelettes and eggs any style, pancakes, waffles and pastries, their beef is absolutely delicious, the meat is soft and so tasty. Every other day they had a beef and tuna station alternating with a pasta station. In the buffet they had meat and fish plus Asian choices as well. Very good fruit in all 3 meals with a fruit stations available. If you need anything at all just ask and they will bring it to the table.

Service - Definitely one of the 10+ of the resort is their service and help. From reception to the restaurant waiters to the housekeeping they are always to please you. EXCELLENT service. One of my big diving bags got ripped on the way there and they fixed it for me, again thank you so much...

Dive centre - We are all divers and they have pretty good dive sites near by. The dive centre is just starting as well and needs to improve a few details. They didn't have NITROX available yet hope they get it soon. My younger son did his Open Water Diver course there with Nicola, she was great with him and he loved it, he's 10 years old and was lucky to have her, again Nicola thank you so much and all the best. To Ann as well, all the best to you and to your dive centre.

Island shop - Carries basically anything you might want or need, from your basic souvenirs to basic commodities like suntan lotions, aftersun creams, ect. If you need anything specifically they will get it for you. Prices are much the same as in Male airport and it carries from maps to souvenirs, t-shirts, ect.

SPA - Nice atmosphere, very nice beach wraps, hats and beach bags, found the SPA itself to be a bit pricy.

To the resort, You don't have to do much to improve whatever might need improvement because it's pretty good as it is, LOVED every moment I was there and definitely already planning to go back to Safari Island. The only thing I missed and mostly because my oldest son did not go with us this year for the first time, was the internet in the room for I needed to communicate with him and home every day, more than once a day, and found that the internet in the villas is essential in times like this, also I would have done some work if I had it, or not... not to spoil PARADISE. They do have wifi internet in the bar and at the reception area for free.

Dhoni - They have this private Dhoni (at least about 6 of them if I'm not wrong) with a private bedroom with TV and DVD, w/c with shower, lounge with fridge, A/C, every commodity you need, they place fat freds in the deck for your comfort so one can lay there and enjoy the trip, we did. We had dinner on board and it was again perfect, very nice, really enjoyed it, if only one complain, too much food, too much.

If there is a Paradise on EARTH, this is it.

The pictures speak for them selves.

If you are having doubts about going to Safari Island, don't, you will love it if you love peace and quiet, just to revitalize yourself and relax in one of the most beautiful islands I've been to in the Maldives and in the world.

Thank you for a lovely holiday, please don't change. Great staff. An island paradise. Perfect, for a perfect time. Keep your service as is and you are excellent and that's how I rate you.

Room Tip: Beach Villas sunrise side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Safari Island? Share your experiences!