That was our first impression from the moment my husband and I saw the W Resort Maldives from the seaplane....WOW.... and that’s not all, the moment you land you are greeted by 10 or more department heads, all lined up waving. You really feel like a rock star:) Love those little touches. You are then immediately served drinks and taken, via golf cart on a guided tour of the hotel.
The Resort is one of the best we have stayed anywhere in the world. It was just as much to do with the staff as with the exotic location. An absolutely beautiful place. We stayed 8 nights at an ocean view room where you could see the sunrise and sunset. WOW what a view. Direct access to the reef for snorkeling and a wonderful infinity plunge pool. The room was immaculately spotless, thank you to Muhammad (our W stylist) who not only kept the room clean but also tidied up- more like a butler than a room cleaner. He even went to the trouble of memorizing our breakfast and dinner patterns so the room was always prepared upon our return. This type of service was evident with many staff, who went out of their way to look after us.
We met a lot of lovely staff that made our experience memorable...Starting with Niru who picked us up at the airport and provided personal assistance with seating and customs on our departure. Ku, W Insider and Energy Manager, who made sure we had everything we could wish for throughout our stay, Shaijeev Chef from 'Kitchen', who will make you anything you want. Waiters and waitresses, Liru, Sanah, Mariam and Vicky who where just a pure delight. Thank you, already missing you.
It is very hard to fault this place.........The three restaurants are fantastic. Fine dining at Fish, buffet at Fire and a variety of selections at Kitchen. If you want a Maldivian dish, just ask the chef.
Whatever....Whenever, love it.
Shukuriyaa (Maldivian for thank you) to all:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bi-level beachfront and over-water retreats let indoor and outdoor mingle; roofs with peek-a-boo views of the sky and glass-paneled floors that reveal lagoon fauna below. Privacy is paramount - enjoy your own plunge pool, sundeck, and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Maldives Hotel North Ari Atoll
- w Retreat And Spa Maldives
- w Retreat Hotel Maldives
- w Retreat Resort Maldives
- w Hotel Maldives