We spent 5 glorious days here at the W Retreat on Fesdu Island in the Maldives, and can't tell you know amazing it was! Our only regret is not being able to stay longer due to a fiasco brought on by SriLankan Airlines; however, the folks at the W handled all of our concerns with professionalism and promptness. This type of service from great people like Ku Nakanelua, Ann Kashima, and Nirumal Mohamed really show that this resort surpasses 5 stars, and is in an elite level of their own!
We were warmly greeted by Nirumal at the airport after our severely delayed arrival, helping us with our luggage and providing updates with our accommodation for the evening, as we missed the last Maldivian Air Taxi by several hours. The next morning, Niru was back again waiting for us at the airport with a smile, and well wishes as we were finally on our way to Fesdu Island - home of the W Retreat!
When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by Ku, Ann, and the rest of the W staff. The relaxed attitude (a very 'hip' vibe you'll feel at almost all W Resorts) was warmly welcomed after our ordeal with SriLankan. Service, in a sense, is like White Glove - but without the gloves. The professionalism of all of the staff was amazing, as was how well the resort was run. We've been to many resorts where things may run on "Island Time" or there are a few glitches here and there - and absolutely nothing of the sort was experienced during our time at the W.
We were whisked away to our retreat for the week, Retreat 123. Retreat 123 is across from a sweet spot station - constantly stocked with ice cream, sodas, water, iced coffee, suntan lotion, and towels. The restaurants were only a 2 minute walk away, and reception was less than 5 minutes. We had a Beach Retreat, and the beach outside of our retreat was simply amazing. It truly felt like we were the only guests, and we always felt like we had a great deal of privacy the whole time.
The Retreat - in a word - AMAZING! The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, and the full size bottles of Bliss products in our outdoor shower/tub/sink area were amazing. At night, candles in the bathroom made our nighttime bath soak an ethereal experience.
The Kitchen, Fire, Wet, and Sip were phenomenal. We ate at Fire every night, and this grand buffet of never before seen proportions made me cry the first night from sheer awesomeness. The Kitchen provided a great buffet breakfast every morning, and even handled special requests with ease and a can-do attitude. Wet provided an excellent pool bar experience, and Sip made us speechless with amazing sunset views daily.
My partner and I originally thought this to be a trip of a lifetime as we were going back to the USA for work and no longer working in India; however, we're already planning our next visit back, although the journey from the US (versus India) is quite a lengthy one. We both agree that something this phenomenal is worth doing more than once, and was worth every penny we spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bi-level beachfront and over-water retreats let indoor and outdoor mingle; roofs with peek-a-boo views of the sky and glass-paneled floors that reveal lagoon fauna below. Privacy is paramount - enjoy your own plunge pool, sundeck, and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood APAC, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Maldives
- w Retreat & Spa Maldives Hotel North Ari Atoll
- w Retreat Hotel Maldives
- w Retreat Resort Maldives
- w Hotel Maldives