“Park Hyatt standards in the Maldives” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Half Price Special Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadahaa Island
Athens
“Park Hyatt standards in the Maldives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

In the past few years i have come to appreciate the Park Hyatt brand of Hotels as Hyatt's premium end. My stay there confirmed my belief about the brand.

This was my 7th trip to the Maldives, and I have always stayed in luxury resorts. This one one of the top 3 in my view.

Service: Very Good. Everyone smiles, and goes out of their way to help. The General Manager is usually around during dinner, and personally asks if everything is good. The local staff could use a bit more training, as they seem intimidated by the guests sometimes. And a couple of hickups during meal serving, nothing major though.

Value: Very Good. We did not pay the full price, as our stay there was the result of an agency mistake (long story), and they finally booked us at the Park Hyatt at the same price of a lower price resort, and even threw in Half Board at the same price as Breakfast only. If I had booked at the regular rate, then I would say "good", as there are better overall value hotels currently in the Maldives.

Sleep Quality: Excellent. Very peaceful, and very comfy bed. Rested perfectly.

Cleanliness: Excellent. The room was taken care of twice a day. All the common areas were very well kept, there was even someone sweeping up things from the beach.

Location: Excellent. Now, that's just my opinion. Others might disagree, as, after arriving at Male, you need to wait for about 2 hours, board a local flight too Kooddoo Airport, which takes about an hour and a half, and makes a stop at another small airport, and from there you are taken by speedboat (can by choppy...) to the resort, another 40 minutes. But that's something I like. I saw no lights in the horizon from our room window. In the middle of nowhere! The atoll where the resort is located only has 3 resorts, so there's no pollution, and the dive sites are private.

Rooms: Excellent. Very well appointed. We stayed in room 28, which had a small plunge pool, and a great stretch of beach in front of it. I particularly enjoyed the entertainment system, where I could connect my iPhone to the home theater system of the room view Bluetooth, and listen to my music. Also, great bathroom. With outdoor tub and shower, and huge walk in shower room.

Breakfast: Excellent. Amazing selection given the location. And great view. We would eat breakfast around 11:30 and that would keep us going until 7pm, which was dinner time.

Dining: Excellent. Two restaurant options, one is part of the halfboard (starter, main course and dessert) meal plan. The food was really great. The buffet themed nights were a bit pricey, but given the location and the ingredients offered, I think they are worth it.

Island: Very good. There is one part of the island where there is no beach. I think the villas there are shut down. It's the part to the left of the arrivals jetty (as you arrive) and for about 150 meters. So you can't walk all the way around the island without swimming a part, as you can do in other resorts. Also, I think that the island itself is a bit overbuilt. I always enjoyed the "jungle" feeling of some of the resorts which have left a great part of the island untouched. On the other hand, the beach in front of our villa was amazing, one of the best in the Maldives, and so was the House Reef, full of corals and life.

I would return.

Room Tip: Beach Villa 28 had a great stretch of beach in front of it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyatt, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Albert,

Thank you for taking time to share such a comprehensive review with fellow travellers.

It is always a pleasure to have the feedback and perspective of our guests and one of the greatest means of knowing a hotel is through those who have been there and from this perspective your support is greatly appreciated.

I am pleased to clarify the area where the beach had reduced in your review, this is a seasonal issue. As a environmentally conscious island we made great efforts to preserve the natural sand rotation which happens on all coral atolls. This is a process where the sand moves seasonally around the island resulting in beach areas of the island reducing and expanding in different sections in alignment with the changing currents of the seasons. As we have preserved this natural movement, our beach ebbs and flows to the rhythm of nature and does not require sand pumping at any time.

I hope thsi information is of assistance and I thank you again for your comments and look forwad to the opportunity of welcoming you back to resort again in the future.

Julian Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

very nice place away from the world, great island, excellent service, friendly staff, especially general manager.
the weather was rough: stormy, windy, but it didn't matter much at a place like that
the staff boat pilots were brave enough to set out to sea in a storm to deliver us safely to the airport, great job!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for kind review regarding our resort.

It is always pleasing to hear first hand how our guests have viewed our property and its services.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our team members, our boat crews are certainly very diligent when it comes to the safety of our guests.

Should you be travelling to the Maldives again I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently travelled to Park Hyatt Maldives for our honeymoon. Perfect vacation! Park Hyatt's house reef is fantastic.. We swam with lots of different fish and shark and even turtle! Villa 47 is the one to go...
The food was fantastic too and we actually put on weight after the yummy breakfast and dinner everyday.. :)
Service is good though the buggy service is a little slow and you have to wait for one to come.. But we love that they are so eco friendly with no plastic bottles used at all. Our host Saheen was also very helpful and arranged everything promptly for us.

However, I have to say, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with ATOLL PARADISE. As you see, Park Hyatt was not our first choice. We booked Six Senses Laamu with Atoll in Oct 2012, 6 months in advance. Just before our trip, I requested for a secluded villa on Jetty C but Atoll did not reply. So I took the liberty to email Six Senses directly. To my HORROR, the reservations manager from Six Senses replied me the day before my trip, that my reservation is cancelled!

So I tried calling Atoll but couldn't call through the number listed. Luckily for live chat, I managed to speak to an Atoll person. She insisted and even sent me an email that I should not worry and just pack my bags and they will meet me tomorrow at the airport. And that my reservation is confirmed. So I called Six Senses and they insisted that they have an email to Atoll that my reservation is indeed cancelled. (Reason: Atoll missed some payments and therefore Six Senses took my payment as payment for previous guests. Therefore my reservation is not paid)

I was in a panicky mode already and insisted on speaking to the manager of Atoll. We only managed to settle this at 12mn before my trip the next morning at 10am.

So if anybody wishes to go Six Senses, I would not recommend it as they obviously don't bother about customer service.. Payment issues should be settled between them and the agency and not concern the guests.

But all in all, Park Hyatt deserves 10 thumbs up for the last min reservation and fantastic resort..

Room Tip: Villa 47 is good with very nice reef right in front..
Dear Shi Wan,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding our resort. It was a pleasure having you both as our guests and I am glad we were able to assist at short notice for such an importnant event as your honeymoon.

Wishing you a long and happy life together and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back for an anniversary in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon in April and loved it!

The trip there was painful (over 30 hrs). Not the hotels fault though. When we finally arrived to Male we were transfered to our lounge to wait for 4hours. We then took a little plane and a short speedboat ride we were very pleased when we arrived!

A quick snapshot;

Location - beautiful!

Rooms - we had a beach villa, very spacious, clean and private. The beach villas or pool villas would be my preferred option. They are more private, both with direct access.

Food - Pretty expansive ($150 USD for 2 mains and 2 drinks) however you are on a remote island. The food was always fresh and tasted great!

WiFi - much quicker than I expected!

I also loved your own inroom iPad and digital photo frames - this looks a lot neater than brochures everywhere.

Finally the staff. We have travelled all over the world and have never had this level of service! The staff are exceptional! The local staff are so proud and enthusiastic of their local culture, it's great to see. A special thanks to Angelo, Shifax, Irene and the F&B Manager. Our favorite was Nabeel from the restaurant. Funny guy and commitment to excellent service with a great personality!

We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review on the resort.

It is always a pleasure to see ourselves through the eyes of others and I really appreciate your recognition of the efforts of several of our team, I have also expressed my thanks to them for taking such good care of you.

I am glad to hear that you will returning in the future and look forward to meeting you then.

Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I were at the Park Hyall Maldives in mid April 2013. We are from Wisconsin, USA. We have traveled to over 100 countries and stayed at countless hotels and resorts. This property by far was the best place we have aver stayed. We will go back. The only thing negative I can say about the stay was we had to leave!
Everything was perfect. The entire staff from the General Manager on down was supurb. Service was excellant at all times. The staff could not have been better. The Island itselve is remarkable. The white sand beachs and the gin clear water are spectacular. The food was always delicious and compared to some places, reasonably priced. You could not find a better snorkeling place. When we arrived at the main airport in Male, a Hyatt staff member grabbed our luggage, took us to a exexcutive lounge, and we waited a short time for our domestic flight to the island. from here things only got better. The top managers were at the pier to greet us with a drink and then escort us to our room.
It was truly a great vacation for us. As I said, we will be back.
Please feel free to contact me about this magnificent Island.

Room Tip: Any room on the Island is Great! We liked room #17. It gave us seclusion and our own "private&q...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback. we are dlighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort once again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have spent a week with my hubby in this spectacular resort. Our stay was flourished by the hospitality of our personal concerige---Natsumi! We met her once we are off from the speedy boat from Koodhoo! She is a cute and adorable lady and she took a very good of every little thing about our stay. For instance, she helped us book for snorkeling and dolphin trip.

Regarding the snorkeling, the coral reefs were stunning with gigantic schools of fishes! Unfortunately, it was the first time I have ever snorkeled...the waves made me a bit scared and reluctant to snorkel in the deep trench...what a pity!
Under our Water Villa, there were a huge varietry of fishes and there was always a big school of small silver fish underneath! One day we even spotted a baby shark chasing a school of little fish when we were walking from our villa to the Dining room.

The food was fantastic, especially the exotic dishes!! The tofu salad, baked cod and the mocktails are really unforgettably delicious!!! Just one improvement for the food--- the chinese cuisine are not good enough :p

Another disappointment is that we could not spot any dolphins in the dolphin trip...we just saw a few flying fish gliding beneath the water surface...here comes a doubt for me...the staffs on the boat driving us for the dolphins swtiched on the hi-fi with a profound volume..in addition to the big noise from the motor right at the back of the boat, I doubt that all these would scare dolphins away from us....Although we were disappointed by the absence of dolphins during our dolphin trip, we heard lovely dolphin crying At our villa in evenings!

The honeymoon spa is complimentary for us and it was bizarre!! The two staffs are very polite and their works swept away all our tiredness from daily swimming and snorkeling!!

Overall, everything is just perfect in Park Hyatt Hadahaa! I really wish that I would go back to such a remote heaven again!! :P we are even keeping in touch with our personal concierge Natsumi!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear MuiLam,
Thanks for sharing your Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa experience on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments regarding Natsumi whom I have personally thanked for looking after you so well. I was pleased to read about the details of your stay and we will certainly work on improving our Chinese Cuisine for your next visit. We are also introducing a new foot massage and head and shoulder massage in our spa as an additional service for our Chinese Guests.
Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future. Warm Island Regards. Julian Moore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 10nights for our honeymoon, what a superb experience! Quick flight from Sydney to Singapore then across to Male, before one of the Park Hyatt agents met us at 11pm at the baggage carousel and assisted us with checking in for our next 45min domestic flight. Arriving in Kooddoo at 1am before a 30min speedboat ride across to the atoll and feeling slightly sleepy, checked into the best overwater bungalow (48) with perfect moonlight to watch the fish feeding directly underneath. Awoke a few hours later and had a beautiful breakfast (make sure you eat the coconut tuna mix every day with the Roti bread) and took a quick walk around the island (10mins max including jetties). Perfectly sunny days (hilarious watching the Europeans still using tanning oils and laughing at the bad burns each night), surprisingly warm water (feels like a bath in the afternoons in some currents) before an amazing dinner each night (fresh tuna is much better here than in the Pacific). Big breakfast, morning snorkel, 11am cocktails, lunch, laze by the beach/pool, snorkel/swim/kayak, cocktails and dinner again (try the seafood platter with the yellow lobster, also the Maldivian BBQ with the tuna curries) and your days become surprisingly full. Make sure you do the reef exploration tour to see a few different reefs (make sure you go to where the current is very strong between the neighbouring islands to snorkel - turtles, rays and dolphins galore). For such a small hotel (51 rooms), you really only see the same 20-30 people each day in the main areas, quite surprising in fact. Special mention though must go to the two best bar tenders, Asanka and Ruchira - great skill and fantastic enthusiasm. Also to Satheesan our waiter, well done and showed great professionalism towards a very rude couple who complained about the colour of their eggs (yes, apparently brown tastes different to white - go figure). Lastly to Arunabh, manager of training and back office - all of your staff are very courteous, friendly and a pleasure to be attended by. I guess what is quite amazing when you visit a place like this is how everyone seems to love working there and genuinely want to have a chat. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here, whilst it might be a hop skip and a jump to actually get here, the reef remains relatively untouched and the sea life plentiful.

Room Tip: If you are staying in both the jungle rooms and the overwater bungalows, stay in the latter at the e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor and apologies for the delay in my reply. I was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time on your honeymoon with us and really appreciate your kind comments regarding individual members of our team, I have personally thanked them on your behalf.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on future anniversaries and until then we wish you both a long and happy life together.
Warm Island Reagrds - Julian Moore

Been to Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa? Share your experiences!