“Amazing - Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadahaa Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Emeryville, California
“Amazing - Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It is a long way from California - true. However, it is a spectacular island resort, beautiful white sand, and the reef is a draw whether you dive or snorkle. My partner and I spent 5 days there in mid-February, and had probably the best, most relaxing holiday we've ever had! (combined with an APAC work trip on the end) We found the food choices varied and inventive, the rooms private and initmate - who doesn't like an outdoor shower - and the other guests were really interesting people. It seemed we all had made an effort to get there - and we were going to have a great time.
From the greeting at the dock from Pierre the GM and Jean the food service lead when we arrived, to our interactions with Shirin, Marco and Fayez we were well taken care of and the quality our time at Hadahaa was important to the team at Hyatt.
We've already started to think about how to come back again for a longer trip!
Thanks for a great holiday Park Hyatt - you rock!

Room Tip: We had a Park villa on the beach which worked well for us. Next time however, I think we will do an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Barry T,

Many thanks for sharing with us your great feedback. Both my team and I are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Hadahaa. Thank you also for travelling all the way from California to visit our small island hideaway and I am thrilled to hear that the natural beauty of our island, the food and our personalized service we provided exceeded your expectations.

Barry T, thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian getaway and it would be an absolute pleasure for us to welcome you both back again soon.

Pierre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this resort in Jan 2013. As most other travelers mentioned it is an absolutely amazing and special place. Yes, it does take a while to get there but it's well worth it.
I wish they had a sea plane though instead of 2 short flights on Maldivian Airlines.
There is no much to do on this resort and honestly, you don't want to. It's just so naturally beautiful and romantic. We have been to many different places but none felt as private and secluded as this one.
Members of the staff vary from very good to excellent. It seems that there is a good team spirit among them. Quite a rarity I find.
Special thanks to the bar employees. Unfortunately, I only remember the employee with the name Fayaz - such a great staff member and simply a nice person. I forgot the name of the charming Indian woman who also worked at the bar. Sincere thanks to her as well.
Even though the hotel is absolutely spectacular, it's the employees who really make it a special place.
I also would like to thank General Manager Pierre who was always around to make sure everybody was enjoying the holiday.

If you want to know how the resort operates, ask your host for a back of the house tour and they will be happy to arrange it for you.

Overall, we were happy with the food however we did not like Beach Grill. I understand it was quite dark and maybe for that reason the food was often overcooked or undercooked.
We usually like the fish but we found that it was not to our liking and switched to meat.
All meat dishes were nearly perfect.
Anyways, the food was the best we have ever had on the resort. And if you don't like something, they would be happy to accommodate your requests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Timur B,

Thank you for your very kind comments and I am so pleased to hear that you both had a wonderful stay at our small and secluded island. It brings me great pleasure to learn of your experiences and memorable interactions with our team members, in particular Fayaz and Sangeeta, who work at The Bar. I will be sure to pass on your kind note about each of them and praise them for their excellent service towards you.

As for your experience at our beach barbecue, I am sorry to hear that you found it quite dark and that some of the dishes did not live up to your expectations. I have communicated this across to both our Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage.

Timur B, thank you for your wonderful review, constructive feedback and for choosing Park Hyatt for your Maldivian adventure. We hope to welcome you both back again to Hadahaa - The Pure Maldives - in the near future, and should you wish to return please let me know and I will personally oversee all your arrangements.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best island resort I have been to, it's very secluded and private. Even though the island is not big but it is spacious enough with adaquate facilities. I love "the bar" by the pool and spent every evening there to watch the sunset while sipping one mojito after another to the sound of jazz and sea breeze.

The villa can be a bit of hike from the main area, I am in villa 17 and its a 10minute walk from the main area but it a great relaxing walk so no complain about that.

In Maldives diving or snorkeling is an absolutely must, the water was calm during the days I was there and I even managed to see some baby sharks which was kinda awesome.

I am a very small eater so I didn't get to try much the food there but I think based on the people feedback the food much be pretty good there.

Only pity is that there is no jet ski on the island, they can bring you to another island but it will cost us500 per hour for the jetski and that is definitely ridiculous in my opinion.

The staff been real friendly and helpful, Angelo the guest service manager been exceptionally delightful to deal with and chat with.

As a diamond member you also get a sundowner drink a tapas every evening at the bar and breakfast/Internet is free to all guests. As there are only over 50 villas on this island, requesting for a 4pm late checkout is kinda tough, the best they can give me was 2pm.

Overall I wish the island is nearer to Male as the whole domestic flt + ferry to the island takes another 3.5 hours with the wait and stopover.

• Stayed February 2013
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Allure24,

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences of our gorgeous little island retreat that is Hadahaa onto our Tripadvisor page and for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian holidays. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time. As you mention, our island is only very small and one could walk around its entirety in approximately 20 minutes. Should you feel your villa is too far from the main restaurant and pool area, we can arrange for you a buggy service at any time of the day where your villa host can collect you from your villa and personally transport you to anywhere you would like to go to on the island.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed the snorkelling and, most certainly, it is an absolute must for everyone to experience the wonders of our House reef with fish and coral species aplenty. Regarding jet-skis at the resort, it is our policy at Hadahaa that no motorized water activities are allowed as one of our key objectives is to maintain the overall peace and tranquility of the island as well as to preserve our very rich coral reef which encircles the island. We feel that should we have jet-skis available to use at the resort, the tranquil nature of the island which we so want to uphold would be disturbed and so, we only promote the less noisy water activities such as kayaking, snorkelling and of course scuba diving.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding Angelo, our Guest Services Manager – I will be sure to pass on your note about him and praise him for his great work and efforts.

Lastly, as we are located in a very remote part of the southern Maldives the travelling time can sometimes be quite long, however we always say that one needs to venture that bit further should they wish to experience the true and untouched splendour of the pure Maldives. Additionally, the recent opening of the new Domestic Airport at Kooddoo has in fact reduced the overall journey time to reach our resort, with only a 20-30 minute speed boat ride now instead of 1 hour as it was previously.

Allure24, thank you again for taking the time to post your review and from all of us here at Hadahaa we hope to welcome you back soon.

Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

So let me start by saying that Park Hyatt Hadahaa is legitimately five stars in most categories. But the breathtaking aspects don't erase the little kinks and if you are reading this it means you probably care about the details. So this review, unlike many (for all of the Maldives properties) where people are just so "wowed" by the Maldives that they throw 5* ratings around without concern, is very objective. Please note that I will spend a lot of time on the "opportunities for improvement" but that is only because I want to return and give this place the extra star.

The Good - The property is absolutely beautiful. It is small, intimate, and unique. It sits on its own island, and nothing else inhabited sits within the horizon on any side. That feels great. The house reef is beautiful and snorkeling is exceptional. If you have never snorkeled or prefer diving (like me), this island lets you understand why some people love snorkeling and how beautiful it is. The water is a perfect temperature and the sandy beaches are postcard perfect. The island also has an incredibly rare blend of wadeable and swimmable water bordered by the reef. In many resorts, you either get sandy beach and swimmable coast, or tiny beach and coral coast that makes swimming and wading impossible. Not here. You get it all. The villas are beautiful. Some do not have water views, but all are within 40 feet of the beach. We didn't have a water view from ours, but were still happy with the jungle setting and 10 second walk to the beach. In the future I would request a villa with a view. All villas have their own two chaise loungers and umbrella on the beach. No fighting for chairs, and you aren't close enough to anyone else to worry about it anyway. You feel really private here. Villas were very clean, beautifully designed, and well maintained. Outdoor shower was great touch. Trust me - there are plenty of places in the Maldives that have amazing photos, but are disappointing when you get there because the island has no trees, the villas stare into each other, reef stinks, etc. This is not one of them. This places wins the beauty contest. Staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive. We found everything timely, correct, and appropriate. They were there when we wanted them and gone when we didn't. That is hard to get right, but they did. Outdoor activities are great. Because the resort is small, there always seems to be room to do what you want when you want - dive, snorkel, picnic on uninhabited island, equator crossing trip, dolphin watching, maldivian fishing, etc. Take advantage of these things, especially if you get bored sitting on beach or burnt and need a day out. Spinning dolphins were beautiful and unique. Just renting a boat and getting driven around the area on glassy, perfect ocean - swimming where you want and drinking a couple beers was a great few hours spent one day. Spa is beautiful and staff are well trained. We got appointments exactly when we wanted them.

Prices - We thought prices were very reasonable. Breakfast is included, and is delicious with a nice selection. Dinner was also reasonable at both restaurants. Expensive perhaps, but not out of line with NYC or LA. I expected the prices to be awful, and they weren't at all. The only menu that was truly silly in terms of expense was lunch. For whatever reason, the lunch prices were absurd. We usually didn't eat it only because we'd have a late breakfast and dinner came before we knew. But when we did eat lunch, it was bizarre. $40 for a burger. Seriously. That is what they charged at dinner for a really nice steak. For the record, our favorite meal was a noodle dish served at lunch for $36. So lunch was tasty, but for God's sake bring the prices in line with the rest of the resort. Drink prices were totally reasonable. Maybe even surprisingly low.

Restaurants - Very very good. I would not say exceptional, but extremely good. We were there five nights and had one meal we weren't happy with. The rest was outstanding, especially considering the location of the resort. It is a miracle they have fresh food at all, let alone wagyu steaks and really fresh veggies. Dinner can get monotonous after even five days with only two restaurants, but chef is open to customizing meals because the resort is small enough to get that kind of personal attention. You can literally say I'd like something with garlic and fish and noodles and they will whip something up. Nice wine list that is well maintained. Unless you are a wine snob who needs pages of 10+ year old french gems, you will be happy. The ones they have chosen are well selected and complement the resort nicely.

Basic - not good or bad, but you should know: Transfers to the island from Male take awhile. Remember, you are on the southernmost atoll in the Maldives, hundreds of miles from Male. Landing in Male and vacationing at the Park Hyatt is like landing in New York but vacationing in Washington, DC. You have a little bit more travel. Just realize it and get over it. It doesn't matter where you vacation - after you land in Male you either need to get on a speedboat, a local plane, or a combination. No big deal. And you really do want to get away from Male to get to the unspoiled Maldives where the reefs are beautiful and human influence is minimized. You will spend anywhere from 2hrs to 6hrs after clearing customs to get anywhere from Male. Are you really going to worry about this?? In this case, it took us 4hrs from clearing customs to getting on our domestic flight, to getting in a speedboat and arriving at the Park Hyatt. Great experience. No problem. Hyatt employees met us at literally every step of the process and made sure we knew what to do, where to go, etc. The point of the Maldives is to get away, and I am continually baffled by people who seem to be put off by the fact that "getting away" requires actually "getting away."

The island has its own time zone - 1 hr ahead of other Maldives time. Why? They want the sun to set at 7:20pm instead of 6:20pm. Great decision. Loved it.

No kids club. Not bad or good. Just a fact. We went without our kids, but there were other couples who brought little ones. There are staff who act as babysitters and one little boy was entertained and watched over all day every day by off-duty staff who did a great job. This is not scalable, but it worked well in this case. The few children there were exceptionally well behaved and almost invisible to us.

Small - when you come here, you come here to relax, reconnect with your other half, and relax. No clubs and only two restaurants. If you need constant stimulation, this is not your place. We met great people and spent long evenings chatting and enjoying cocktails. If you can enjoy quiet evenings and days spent in outdoor activity, reading, you will love this. There were internationally known celebrities there during our stay. That should tell you something - no paparazzi, intimate setting where people are all mature enough to handle it and not make a scene.

Weather - It's hot and the sun is powerful. I wear sunscreen 4 or 8 anywhere else in the world, if I wear anything at all. I wear 30 in the Maldives and I still burnt a little. Be aware. If I burn, you will burn. Don't ruin your trip by thinking factor 8 will be enough. Go with 30 and move down once you give it a shot.

For Diamond Members: You will get free canapes at from 6-8pm on the beach or in the bar. You will get two free drinks in the bar between 6-8. Not much else. The place is small so don't expect a room upgrade. Most people apparently book the water villas and pool villas, so the only rooms with availability are likely to be the Park villas. Either book the room you want or don;t get disappointed. If you redeem points, expect a Park villa and be ecstatic if you're lucky enough to go when something else is available.

Opportunities for Improvement:
Basic housekeeping - Nothing in mini-bar was replaced. I had a club soda the first night and it was never replaced. Even after asking. Mini-bar also never seemed to get cold. Really annoying.

Towels we used on beach were never cleaned up. We had to lug them back in after two days. Odd, because they actually have staff on the beach all the time. Why wouldn't they service your beach chairs?? We left the first towels out there because we ran inside after a short downpour. Then, we left the second set of towels out there the next day because we walked from our beach set up to the bar on the other side of the island one day, and didn't return via the beach. Next morning - two sets of drenched towels out there. Beached was raked to perfection, but towels and water bottles not cleaned up. Odd.

Lunch prices as mentioned above. All other prices great. Lunch just silly.

This may sound silly, but music. They really love Michael Buble. I am indifferent, but after the fourth day of the exact same soundtrack at breakfast and dinner, I wanted to strangle him. Please, just vary it a little. Get a broader range of music.

No real "beach service" away from the main building area: This is tough. Everyone has their own villa and their own space on the island. This means that the villas circle the whole island and are totally detached from the restaurant/bar/pool area. If you want drinks and cold towels on the beach, you need to leave your villa's little area and walk to the "main area." Of course, you could walk to your villa and request room service, but this is inconvenient for you and them. I'm not sure how to solve this, because I did enjoy the privacy and isolation of having my own area next to my villa. But I would also like to just lay there and have someone occasionally take care of my desires without going back to my villa or walking across the island to the bar. Perhaps a text-based system that would allow you to tell the bar/restaurant when you want something, have them acknowledge, and then have someone bring to you?

Spa service gap: Women be aware there is no waxing or pedi/mani service. Get it done before you come. This Spa is all about massages, wraps, and treatments. My wife was really disappointed because she wanted to get a full waxing and mani/pedi upon arrival. No go.

Handling of problems. I'd booked a special trip for my wife and I. We couldn't do it one day because of weather. The next, the boat was broken. The next, we went out on the water but the boat broke about 20 minute into the trip. Now, mechanical problems happen. We know that. And we know we were unlucky because other people had no problems at all. We weren't even upset. However, the resort offered us a dinner on the beach that night and use of the boat for a couple hours the following day as compensation. We accepted - we didn't have enough time to do the actual trip we'd scheduled because we were departing in the afternoon, so this was nice. Until I went to check out and saw that they'd charged us for the special trip - over $2000. That would have been fine, except that we didn't take the trip. It was not a big fight to have them remove the charge, but I did end up paying $700 for the "special dinner" and the "short boat trip" that had supposedly been comped as a result of a failed trip. So, in essence, I was comped nothing for their failure, and ended up paying for two things that I otherwise wouldn't have purchased. That is not the way an elite resort handles this kind of issue. Period. I am easy going, and I wanted to end the trip on a good note so I did not fight. We enjoyed the dinner and the boat trip, so philosophically I was fine with paying for them. I also want to go back because we really enjoyed the rest of the stay.

Summary: Exceptional resort that hits the sweet spot for exclusivity, privacy, relaxation, beauty, and overall "feel." A few service related issues are all that stands between this resort and a fifth star.We loved it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but pool villas 25 and 26 seemed exceptional in terms of location on island and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pharmanuke,

Thank you so much for your very informative and comprehensive review regarding your stay with us earlier this month. I am so pleased to hear that you both had a fantastic experience at Hadahaa, and would also like to thank you for sharing with us your constructive feedback. It is with valuable comments such as yours where we as a hotel and as a team can learn and improve from, ensuring that these problems which you encountered do not arise again.

As you mention, our island is small, incredibly intimate and unique unlike any other resort in the Maldives. I am so pleased that you appreciated the natural beauty of our remote island paradise which we strive to maintain as to run a resort of 50 villas in such a remote location such as ours, one has to be environmentally conscious throughout all operations. Thank you also for your kind comments about our team who always strive to ensure a personalized yet discreet service for all our guests. I am proud to work alongside such great individuals who are genuinely passionate about providing our valuable guests with fantastic experiences where they can take back home with them unforgettable memories.

In regards to the points you raise for our lunch prices, please allow me to take this opportunity to inform you that we have recently appointed a new Director of Food & Beverage who will be looking into all our menus for both restaurants. We will be revising a selection of the menu prices as of March next month and ensure that they are all in line with the rest of our meal offerings.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the transfers down to the resort. Indeed, as you rightly say if one truly wants to “get away” and experience the pure and untouched parts of the Maldives like where we are situated, extra travelling time is necessary and we do have our airport representatives who are always there to greet and assist you upon your arrival into Male and the domestic airport at Kooddoo to ensure your transfers are smooth and comfortable.

In regards to your comments for those areas where we can improve, once again I thank you for sharing them with us and I have relayed all of your points across to each of the Department Heads concerned. I would like to personally apologize that your mini-bar was not restocked daily and that the towels which you used on the beach were not replaced with fresh ones the next day. Both our Director of Food & Beverage and Housekeeping Manager have been informed of these points respectively and will ensure that they do not occur again. Concerning the music in each of our outlets, again I have informed our Director of Food & Beverage who will be reviewing the selection of songs we have and he will ensure that a wider variety is available. The point you highlight regarding the beach service away from the main area of the resort is one which myself and my team shall discuss and which we will take into very close consideration too.

Lastly I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the confusion concerning the special trip which you had booked for your wife and the misunderstanding of your bill upon your departure. Please allow me to clarify that the charge for the equator crossing was posted as a result of the initial decision to postpone the activity to a later day in line with our cancellation policy. It was unfortunate that the equator trip was unable to be completed in the following days. Our team offered a beach front dinner and an afternoon boat trip due to the less than memorable experience of an engine malfunction on the final day. We will address the confusion of your final bill with the concerned departments as the decision to waive the equator charges should not have resulted in a charge of $700 for the cost of the fuel of your afternoon boat trip.

Pharmanuke, thank you once again for sharing your valuable feedback on our Tripadvisor page and for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian getaway. We sincerely appreciate your comments in regards to those few service related issues which you unfortunately experienced and we have taken them all into very close consideration and will action accordingly. We hope to welcome you both back again to Hadahaa in the near future.

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here on a 4 nights stay with two nights in a park villa and two nights in an over water villa as part of our honeymoon. Simply put, having traveled through over 50 countries, this hotel experience was the nicest and most exclusive experience ever. Each room is it’s own private building and has its own private facilities (deck, lounging area and uniqueness.)

Of special note is the Hadadaa House Reef. One of the reasons that we picked this resort was its remoteness and the house reef that allowed for snorking from shore. The snorkeling was excellent and was the best from shore” snorkeling experience that I have experienced in comparison to Hawaii, Thailiand, the Red Sea in Egypt, Bali Indonesia and the Cayman Islands.

The service was excellent and the food and beverage was wonderful. Breakfast was included. Of note, due to its distance from Male, they ran out of stock of some of the cheaper wines. I did discover later in the trip that they had inventory of cheaper wines that were not on the wine list. These were not as aggressively marketed by the Muslim staff (whom of course don’t drink alcohol). I would have likely explored gettinga bottle of these cheaper wines instead of settling for just a glass had I known.

We also did the inhabited island tour which was an excellent way to see how the locals live. It is the only way to see the real Maldivian experience and I’d recommend it if you have any interest in taking in the local culture.

In short, I highly recommend this resort and would return in a heartbeat if my wallet could afford it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear W0rld_Traveller_73,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and for having chosen the Park Hyatt for your honeymoon in the sun. It is fabulous to hear that of the extensive travelling you have done, you enjoyed the experiences at our property the most and I am so thrilled that our services fulfilled your expectations and that you appreciated the privacy and intimacy of our remote island hideaway.

As you mention, it is the remoteness of our island along with our pristine and untouched House Reef which makes many of our guests want to travel that bit further south to reach us. Now with the opening of a new domestic airport at Kooddoo, we are that much more accessible; however the peace, tranquility and undisturbed nature of our island paradise have remained unchanged.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your culinary experiences and my apologies for not informing you of our less expensive wines we have available in our restaurants - I will pass your note onto our Director of Food & Beverage to ensure that these are well marketed too.

I am so pleased also to learn that you enjoyed the local island trip; indeed this is the best way to explore the true local culture and provides for a fantastic authentic experience.

W0rld_Traveller_73, thank you again for your very kind words. Both myself and all of my team here at Hadahaa would be delighted to welcome you both back again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is our last day of our week long holiday at Grand Hyatt Maldives, and would like to write this review when the memory is still fresh. My husband and I stayed 6 nights and this is our first time to Maldives, and this will be a holiday that we will always remember fondly of.

First of all, the house reef is unbelievable. We have snorkeled twice every day since we got here, the best thing is that you just walk out to the jetty and jump in whenever you fancy, there is no need to take a boat to anywhere, it's right there at your door step. The coral is beautiful and the hotel has done a great job preserving it, we spotted many different types of fishes, sharks, cuttlefish and even a large octopus. The water is pristine, warm and inviting.

As for the service, it's up to 5-star standard and we were very impressed with the wide range of food available, I must give credit to the chef, the menu really caters to wide variety of taste. I was initially a bit worried that we would be stuck with a western menu, but no ... we had authentic Thai Tom yam soup, Indonesian rendang, Indian style Curry, all excellent. If you have a chance, visit the bar and order this drink called ' Ginger Island', it's so perfect and yummy in hot weather, and will attempt to try making it back home!

The rooms are well designed, we love the outdoor shower and bath area. the villa is a wood and glass cabin, it blends in so well with the nature around it, and its a very warm, bright and comfortable place to relax and rejuvenate in.

Last but not least, the service has been great and up to 5-star standard. We will definitely try to come back here again in future.

Thanks Hyatt,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Cecily_ng,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and I am delighted to learn that both you and your husband had a fabulous experience at Hadahaa. Thank you also for sharing the great experiences you had and for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian vacation in the sun. As you mention, our House Reef is well and truly the major asset of our island and a feature which we constantly highlight and which we are proud to have. From anywhere on the island, when you walk in from the beach you will be immersed amidst our rich reef, abundant with marine life and untouched corals – it really is a sight to behold!

Thank you also for your very kind comments about our food and beverage options and I am so glad that you enjoyed the variety of dishes we have available. We are proud to have such a passionate and innovative culinary team, fronted by our Executive Chef, Liam Crotty, who is always coming up with new dining experiences and tasteful dishes for our guests.

Cecily_ng, thank you again for your wonderful review and I am so glad that our resort and level of service lived up to your expectations. We would all be delighted to welcome you both back again in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

There's no way round it, its a long trip to Hadahaa no matter where you are coming from but wow do they make it worth it! The Hyatt service started from arrival in Male, smooth transition to 50min domestic flight, and onto the Park Hyatt boat for the 45min ride to paradise - complete with noise cancelling headphones.

From the first welcome by GM Pierre by name, to the final wave goodbye the sincere manner with which every single member of staff at Hadahaa care about your experience is commendable. I had booked a reward stay and added an extra few days in a water villa at the start. We were whisked away by buggy on a tour of the island, which is suprisingly small (only 50 villas) but perfectly formed, and dropped off at our water villa to checkin with a welcome drink and bottle of champagne.

The water villas are incredible. Very spacious, high quality rooms with incredible views out over the ocean. We had no issues with the aircon which others have mentioned can be a problem. We moved to a pool villa halfway through the trip to try that out. Again very spacious and private accomodation, right on the beach.

The most unique and special part of the Island is the amazing respect for and emphasis placed on the environment. The house reef is almost completely untouched, by far the best house reef I have seen. The sealife is abundant with treassures to see wherever u look.

Dining choices on the island are rather limited but the quality was exceptionaly high. Prices do seem to be on the high side even for the Maldives but almost none of the dishes were a disappointment.

The staff where fantastic at every point. Very friendly without being over intrusive. Had several chats with Pierre, the GM, which showed very clearly the passion that was felt for the isalnd - which clearly comes across in the quality of service they offer.

Finally it was time for the long wave goodbye. Park Hyatt Hadahaa is an amazing place. Perfect beaches, 5 star luxury accomoation and impcable service. Thanks for an incredible and relaxing holiday. Will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Would try to avoid villas 1 to 3 as they overlook the arrival jetty but its a s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear SuperD49,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and indeed for taking the time to share your comments on our Tripadvisor page. As you rightly mention it does take a while to reach our resort, but we always say that you have to venture that bit further to reach the pure and untouched southern part of the Maldives which is where our small and idyllic island is located. We are also delighted to share with you that a new domestic airport - Kooddoo - has recently opened up nearer to our resort which has significantly reduced the speed boat transfer to half the journey time making our remote island paradise that much more accessible.

From the moment you step onto the island right up until the moment you leave, our team at Hadahaa is focused on providing all our guests a discreet and personalized service and ensuring that everyone leaves the island with everlasting memories and unforgettable experiences. I am so glad that you took back home with you some memorable moments and thank you again for sharing them with us.

I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to experience both our Park Water Villa and Park Pool Villas; both very different villas in their own right and each having their individual benefits. Thank you also for mentioning the respect we show for our environment too. Indeed one of our ongoing commitments is to the protection and safeguard of our environment and beautiful natural surroundings and so we do always take great care in ensuring that we carry out all our resort operations in a sustainable and friendly manner - one of our major assets being our pristine and untouched house reef.

Since your visit in May we have introduced a new Executive Chef to the island who has transformed not only all our menus in both our restaurants adding in new dishes, but also he rebranded and opened our new signature restaurant, The Island Grill. Furthermore, our food and beverage team have also been busy incorporating new culinary experiences for our guests; for example, each week we now have a “Taste of Maldives” event where our guests can sample local Maldivian cuisine, and we now have three new venues specific for unique private dining experiences with each having their own special set menus.

SuperD49, thank you again for your wonderful comments and from all of my team here at Hadahaa we thank you for choosing to stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back again soon.

Pierre

Been to Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa? Share your experiences!