“This must be paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadahaa Island
Dubai
“This must be paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The final part of a fantastic trip, we decided to spend 3 nights at Park Hyatt Hadahaa following an intense week travelling around Sri Lanka. I was lucky enough to be able to use my diamond membership gold passport points and have a complimentary stay. We were warmly welcomed at Male airport by a resort representative and taken to the lounge, where we waited for just over 45 mins to board the domestic flight to Kooddoo. The speedboat transfer was great, we even saw a big dolphin family on the way to the resort, and were greeted by a number of staff members upon arrival.

It is clear all the staff are extremely proud to work in a stunning property like Hadahaa. I would like to especially praise Shujau in the dining room and island grill, and Asanka, the Sri Lankan bartender in the bar. Shujau seemed to always be around as our personal butler, with the biggest warmest smile on his face. He served us dinner twice, gave us his personal recommendations, and breakfast each morning with great care and attention. Asanka was most pleasant yet discrete, and his drinks were fabulous.

Spacious and private, the pool villa was just perfect. I especially liked the in-suite ipad with preset playlists, and of course the private pool and outdoor shower. Unfortunately we did not get to experience the spa as we preferred to simply lounge around, nor the yoga classes due to the absence of a teacher, but I hope to be back again soon!

Room Tip: Pool villa, most spacious and private
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear MlssFM,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback in regards to your stay with us and thank you for choosing the Hadahaa by Park Hyatt for your Maldivian adventure. I should imagine the perfect end to your intense week of travelling around Sri Lanka! I’m so pleased you saw a pod of dolphins on the way to our resort too, we see it so often and every time it is as inspiring and soul restoring as if the first! I will personally congratulate both Shujau and Asanka for their great efforts in making your visit so memorable- I am proud to work with such a great team here at Hadahaa, they go from strength to strength and their genuine care for our guests is the very essence of our unique experience.

The in-villa iPad is a wonderful inclusion to our beautiful villas, fun to use but also practical and yet another step in our commitment to reducing waste on the island whilst providing up to the minute technologies for our guests. My sincere apologies that our yoga instructor was off the island whilst you were here.

MIssFM, we would be so delighted to welcome you both back again soon and until then wish you all the very best.

Warmest regards,
Pierre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We made the booking in May, 2012 and stayed there from September 25 till October 2. This is a very nice island with wonderful location which right in the middle of the ocean and very close to equator. There are lots of creatures, we saw dolphin twice, once on the yacht to hotel, sea bird called Grey Heron always wandering around. We also find some hermit crab on the beach.

There are only 51 villas there, a very private place. We stayed at beach villa 19 and it is the best villa with sunrise view, one day we see the sunrise with rainy cloud appear together. We also tried the water villa while still prefer the beach villa with more space and privacy.

The service is overall very good. Staffs are all well trained. Always greeting you and offering a ride when they meet you. Our host called Hamid Hakym, a local gentleman with warm smile sometimes little shy. Although he is new to this job (he told us he just be promoted from the restaurant waiter to the host) and handling 8 groups of guests at the same time, he is always greet us during the brunch or dinner time and try to help with our request. He is a very nice guy and I am sure he will be the best host soon in Park Hyatt Maldives.

We were sunburned on the second day when we arrive, and go to spa for the treatment which using cucumber and yoghurt to cool day and also moisturizing the skin. Their Spa staff Ayu who is from Bali is a very kind lady and we were really pampered by the treatment. Thanks to Ayu, our sunburn gets better soon and both my husband and I are enjoy the honeymoon massage provide by the Spa. It is definitely a highlight and we highly recommend to all those who will visit the resort.

It is an ideal place for snorkeling. You can see many beautiful coral reef, soft coral and fish there. We also tried the Discover Scuba Diving, the trainer Marco and Inah are very nice and reliable. At the beginning I feel little nervous in the sea, but with Inah I get better soon and he do show me the beauty of the sea and some interesting tricks. Actually this is the very first time scuba diving experience for 4 of us (we two and our friends), and we do find it is amazing and fascinating. I am looking forward to getting the full course of PADI one day.

We encountered some inconvenience during our move from beach villa to water villa, the hotel management team show their sincereness to solve the problem eventually when we are checking out. And we also find some mistake during our departure, when we arrived Male from the inner airplane, no hotel staff picking up and we have to find the check in counter ourselves. These make the rating drop from 5 to 4 points.

Will I come back? Of course! Such a nice place with wondrous staff there we will always miss. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Beach Villa 19 is the best place for sunrise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Vera Z,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us on our Tripadvisor page and thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian vacation. I am pleased that you managed to experience both our land villa and water villa. As you rightly mention, depending on where you are located on the island, it is the land villas that provide fantastic sunrise views and the water villas will always benefit from the incredible Maldivian sunsets. Both types of villas provide glorious settings.

Thank you also for your very kind comments about our staff, in particular Ayu, Hamid, Marco and Inah. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback and personally congratulate them for their efforts and hard work. As I tell all our guests, I am proud to work in such a great team here at Hadahaa and it brings me such satisfaction when I read such great feedback about my team.

As for the snorkeling and diving around our House Reef; these are two activities which every guest must experience while they are here as it truly is an underwater kingdom and there is so many fish to see, both big and small. Snorkeling from your Park Water Villa is like diving into your own personal aquarium – fish and coral aplenty. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Discover Scuba Dive with Marco and Inah too!

Vera Z, thank you so much once again for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted that you both enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Warm regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Since I always factor Trip-advisor reviews in my planning, I believe its my responsibility to give back to the community that allows me to enjoy all of our vacations!

If you are planning an exotic vacation, then CHOOSE The Park Hyatt Maldives....it is unique, gorgeous, and the staff will make you feel like living there forever. Pierre the general manager has created a diverse team that knows exactly how to take care of the guests. I'll list things to make it easy for you.

Accommodations: The rooms are breathtaking. We stayed in an over the water villa, in which we had a ladder that dropped right into the ocean so we could snorkel everyday. In the evenings we would watch the sunset from our deck while the fishes swam underneath us. We were also able to get a tour of the property and we saw the regular villas, which were amazing as well. They had indoor outdoor showers along with secluded private beach access. I was amazed at the gorgeous architecture, and stunning facade of the resort. The hotel provided each room with an Ipad that was loaded with music, and you could take by the pool to surf the web etc.

Food: Where do I start! So much to choose from, and if there is something you desire chances are they would make it for you....The Incredible Head Chef and his team, including Justin and Sunil the pastry chef really want you to indulge in the food of the resort. My wife took a cooking class where they taught her how to make 4 different Maldivian Dishes and desserts. Her chocolate mousse that she made was served to us for dessert at dinner. The Maldivian dining staff is beyond loving, caring, and accommodating. Hamid, Nabeel, Muaza and the others made us feel so comfortable that I wish I was there right now as I'm typing this.

Staff: They are #1. The general manager Pierre would always check in to see how our stay was and if there was anything he could do to make our stay more pleasurable. He is constantly walking around making sure things are just right. Upon arrival we were given a host, Shirin. If we needed anything she was there for us 24/7. She was so helpful, kind and was always smiling! Everyday she would greet us at breakfast, and give us the daily activities that were available, the weather, and even sang and played the guitar for the guests one night in the bar! She gave us a back tour of the island and how the staff lives...very very cool. Bravo Park Hyatt for being so GREEN.
Due to harsh winds on the day of our departure Pierre the general manager informed me that it wasn't safe for us to travel on the rough waters. Melissa the Guest relations manager took care of ALL of our airline rebooking and made it so easy and seemless. I was in shock, they handled everything, allowing me to continue our STRESS free vacation. Katya, the marketing director really knows about Hyatts worldwide, and made us feel at home on the island. All in all it feels like everyone there is a big family running an island! :).

Activities: Marco, the resort diving instructor and dive center manager was fantastic. He took us out snorkeling a couple of days, and gave us a detailed overview of all the fishes and widlife in the water. He was so fun, that we also hung out with him in the evening grabbing drinks and talking about his native Italy. The island marine biologist explained to us how GREEN the island was and the inner workings of how the resort was eco friendly. That made us so happy, and it was really cool to know that the island was really preserved and not man made like so many of the others in the Maldives.

This Park Hyatt is a destination that you won't ever forget. We are planning a spring '13 return! Can't wait....

Room Tip: Over the water villa
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear LionKing711,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to you for posting such wonderful comments onto our TripAdvisor page – it brings me immense pleasure to read about the memorable experiences you had with us and I thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Hyatt for you Maldivian vacation. As you mention, our island is truly in a very unique and gorgeous location, miles away from any noise or stress, and the ideal place to come and relax in tranquility amidst stunning coral reefs and turquoise waters.

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the accommodation, our staff, the food and the activities. Let me tell you that it is such a pleasure to work alongside a team of talented and professional individuals who always strive to “Wow” all of our guests, whether it is through the service, the food and beverage experiences or the range of unique activities we have available. I am delighted to hear that your wife enjoyed her Maldivian cooking class – one of our weekly unique experiences we have here at Hadahaa and something that we encourage all our guests to experience as it gives a fantastic insight into the wonderful Maldivian cuisine.

As you rightfully mention, we are one big family here on the island and we treat all our guests as if they are also part of our family – it is great to be a part of this family as you have the opportunity to build such great relationships with everyone.

LionKing711, thank you again for sharing your fantastic experiences with us – we cannot wait to welcome you both back to our small island paradise in the spring of next year. Until then, we wish you all the very best.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a much needed mini break to Park Hyatt, Hadahaa. As usual (for us, that is) whenever we get time to have a private getaway together... it is never a 'normal' trip.

We caught a short period of bad weather - high winds, heavy rains and rough seas - interspersed with some picture-perfect moments of Maldives sunshine. We did not get a chance to try snorkeling or fishing due to the choppy seas, and most of the fish were hidden from sight from above water by the waves or finding shelter amongst the coral/deeper water.

Despite our bad-timing, and missing our chance to enjoy the typical 'Maldives holiday'... the team at Hadahaa made sure our stay was extremely relaxed, comfortable and immensely enjoyable by just being... well... themselves! It was so awesome to see a team of staff that were so professional, yet were completely at ease to let their personalities shine. Pierre, we love the team you have got on the island - don't let any of them leave until we visit at least one more time!

The highlight of our trip happened by a chance question to Asanka at the bar if there was a guitar anywhere on the island, the next day he arranged to lend us one and we had an amazing night spent playing music, singing songs and hanging out until the early hours of the morning with members of staff and other guests while the stormy weather raged on around us.

For that evening we give a very special and heartfelt thank you to Asanka, Shirin, Charith, Timur and Melissa. Thanks also go to our lovely guest host Anna, Arabella for the back of house tour (very impressive operation going on behind the scenes) and always saying hi to us around the resort, and Chefs Justin & Sunil for the cooking lesson... every person we met was great!

We also heard first-hand from another couple staying at the resort who could not leave the island at their scheduled time due to rough weather, how impressed they were at the service from the Park Hyatt team who coordinated to re-arrange all their internal and international flights, making them feel at ease again and giving a complimentary nights stay for the inconvenience of the delay. We were secretly hoping we may also get 'stuck' on the island when it was our turn to depart, unfortunately everything went very smoothly :)

We really hope that we can come back and visit Park Hyatt Hadahaa again, it really left an amazing impression on us. Thank you!

For the benefit of other potential visitors reading this review on tripadvisor, here are some of the other plus points we'd like to highlight:

- We were helped efficiently and warmly from our arrival at Male up until crashing in our villa at the resort

- We were always kept informed of the status of the weather and what activities were available to take part in

- Housekeeping/In-room dining were always super fast and efficient at any time of day (even 3am) whenever we called

- The food available from The Dining Room and in-room dining was always delicious and portion sizes perfect.

- The design and upkeep of the resort is fantastic - modern, yet tasteful and unfussy which maximises the natural beauty of the island.

- The water and toiletries being provided in re-usable bottles is a great touch, and a reminder of the small things we can do to make a difference. Although borne out of necessity I think it's a great idea that all hotels should adopt.

Room Tip: Villa #10 is nicely positioned on the island, even though it is set further back within the trees, t...
Dear x_rei,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on our TripAdvisor page. I am so thrilled to learn that you had a fabulous experience at our resort and thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my team. I feel privileged to be part of this team here at Hadahaa and to work with such professional and friendly people.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced the short spell of bad weather we had; however it is great to learn that my team kept you both entertained with the guitar! I will personally thank and congratulate all those whose names you mentioned, from Asanka, our Barman, to Chefs Justin and Sunil. The employees truly are the life and soul of the island and it is a great honour for me to work alongside them and a great satisfaction that they created an experience for you both that you will never forget.

Thank you also for the additional points you mentioned in regards to the arrival experience, the efficiency of our Housekeeping and in-villa dining team and your lovely comments about the food and design of the resort. We are proud to be located in such a beautiful, natural and untouched environment and we take great care at all times to operate in an environmentally friendly way.

x_rei, thank you again for your wonderful comments and for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian vacation. We would be delighted to welcome you both back again soon.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

my wife and myself like to send a little report/feedback of our recent 12 days stay
at the Park Hyatt Hadahaa during our honeymoon to the Maldives and Bali island.
luckily we decided to spend our honeymoon at this fairly new hotel managed by the Hyatt group.
we have been enjoying on this amazing little island the best ever had vacation.
the beautiness and nature which also support and keep by the green and environmentally friendly way of running this island is simply great and very seldom. this gave us an extremely good feeling and after we have had the chance to receive a private back office tour, we have even been more impressed.
mrs. Arabella Willing, the marine biologist and earth check coordinator took us with her for several very interesting trips ( dolphin tour, fishing and an impressing visit of a small local Island near by).
we have learned from her a lot and she opened our eyes to many things.
the excellent selection of the whole team is obvious from top to bottom, each individual employee has been extremely well educated on very high level and been more than fluent in English.

the quality the various departments and activity centers offering are stunning. we have been pampered many times in the beautiful spa by very friendly experts. the quality of the treatments
have been very high standard. Try the thaimassage and join the yogaclass before you enjoy a wonderfull sundowner at the beach.....
the kitchen (f&b) and it's chef mr. liam grotty and the entire team behind, especially like to mention Justin (indian cook) and Shujan (maldivian head of service) , have been looking after us so well. Liam was reading everyday our mind and preparing the food in such tastefull and well presented way which has been by far better than any of the many Michelin star chefs we have meet and been before. being so creative and experienced in his age, is hard to believe!!!!
the senior personal host Leo Gomes has been another highlight of our vacation. he was there when we needed him, always discret but extremely charming and sensitive. all he did, he did
with joy and passion, which let us feel always extremely comfortable and pampered.
the only negative comment, respectively complain, is that we would recommend to replace the loose and not really closing windows and blind sheets at the water villas....

it had been extremely nice to meet and to talk to mr. lang, the General manager , the friendly and very professional way of operating this wunderful hideaway is impressing. if he continues this route together with his great team, we are sure the park hyatt maldives will be soon one of the leading hotels of the world!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear andreasundanki,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It brings me great pleasure to read such wonderful feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable honeymoon with us at Hadahaa. We always say that when you travel down to the extreme southern parts of the Maldives like where we are situated, you truly experience the natural beauty of this untouched environment and see the Maldives in all its splendour. As you mention, being located in such a remote part of the world means we have to take great care in protecting our natural surroundings and to operate in an environmentally friendly manner. As a matter of fact we were the first resort in the Maldives to follow EarthCheck (the leading benchmarking, certification and environmental management program used by the travel and tourism industry) Planning and Design Standards during construction, and we recently were awarded Silver EarthCheck accreditation which we are very proud of.

Thank you also for your very kind words in regards to our staff from Arabella Willing, our Resident Marine Biologist, to Liam Crotty, our Executive Chef. For me it is indeed a great pleasure to work in a team who are both professional, hardworking and always go to great lengths to ensure that all of our guests have a truly unique and unforgettable experience while they are on the island. I will personally praise all of the staff whose names you mentioned for their great work in providing you with a memorable stay.

I am also so glad to hear that you experienced some of our unique Hadahaa experiences such as the Dolphin trip and the local island tour. We always encourage all our guests to experience some of these experiences as you not only get a taste of the wonderful Maldivian culture but you can enjoy the breathtaking surroundings when you set of into the open ocean aboard one of our speed boats.

andreasundanki, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you one final time for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post them onto our TripAdvisor page. We would be so delighted to welcome you both back again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had the most amazing time at Park Hyatt Hadahaa which is a gorgeous little island with lush vegetation, a superb house reef and an excellent dive/activity centre. We stayed in a beach villa with pool, which was very comfortable and the pool was just perfect for the quick dip coming out of the sea or for watching the sunset. The rooms are spacious with very comfy beds and the outdoor shower and bath tub are a lovely feature. We were even spoilt to a bubble bath which was a lovely surprise on our last night.

Staff could not have been more accommodating and attentive. From Pierre, the General Manager to Disha, the Yoga instructor, we really were well looked after, and service was very personalised, but not obtrusive. The resort offers complimentary yoga sessions, which are definitely worth attending, as Disha was an excellent teacher.

Food was very tasty, we had two private dinners with special menus created by the chef, one of which was on the beach which was beautifully arranged. Diving is excellent, from leopard sharks to sting and eagle rays, the team at the dive centre made sure we had some great dives. We even saw a large number of dolphins on two occasions! We definitely would recommend the Spa, treatments were excellent which we had in a couple pavilion. We had a very relaxing time in an amazing setting and can’t wait to book our next visit as it was simply amazing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Vadere,

Many thanks for such wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. It brings me great pleasure to hear that you both enjoyed your time here at Hadahaa and thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt for your Maldivian adventure. It is our mission here at Hadahaa to offer each and every guest a personalized service and a completely unique experience, creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you so much for your comments about our staff who truly are the life and soul of our island – I am so happy to be a part of this great team and I am glad you enjoyed the services that my team provided you. I am also pleased to hear you experienced some of our private dining experiences with special set menus customized by our Executive Chef who always strives to cater to our guest’s food preferences. On the island, we offer various options for unique private dining experiences such as on the beach, on our Rooftop terrace, on the jetty, in the intimacy of your villa or in our romantic gazebo. As for the diving, we always say to all our guests that regardless of whether you have been diving before or not, you must experience it while you are here – our House reef is abundant with marine life and coral species which every guest must see! I am so glad that you went diving and also enjoyed the delights of our Vidhun Spa – a truly relaxing setting nestled amongst the beautiful Maldivian flora.

Thanks once again Vadere for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This review has been my toughest yet. While the physical property and scenery is 5 stars, the food and service leaves much to be desired.

Lets start with the good:

The island really is postcard perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better house reef. The snorkeling is an out of this world experience. Rooms were nicely appointed and the public spaces were well decorated.

We stayed part of the trip in a Water Villa and part in the Pool Villa. I am probably in the minority in that I enjoyed the Pool Villa more than the Water Villa. Snorkeling outside your water villa is amazing but it doesn't make up for the crappy air conditioning and slower wifi. It gets hot and stays hot in the water villa. I like having a outdoor shower and a freshwater pool after a day in the ocean.

Every staff member that we encountered was friendly and very willing to help. However there were a substantial number of service issues.

Now to the bad parts:

We had the unfortunate luck to be at the property during renovation of the second restaurant. The food itself was not bad, but once you factor in the price it just not acceptable. We had to look at the same menu 7 days in a row. I don't know about you but I don't even eat at home 7 days in a row. How many days does the resort expect someone to eat a $40 burger or $38 noodles?

Arriving at Male airport from the Park Hyatt was a bit of a disappointment. All the tourist on our flight from other resorts had staff assisting them to the international terminal, while we were left fending for ourselves. I was envious that these smaller resort companies were going the extra mile to enhance their service, but the Park Hyatt failed to do so.

There
Though I am giving our stay 4 stars, this isn't a true 5 star luxury property worthy of the Park Hyatt brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear vuguru,

Many thanks for sharing your remarks regarding your stay with us on our TripAdvisor page. We really appreciate all the feedback we receive from each and every one of our guests and we welcome constructive criticism as it helps us to develop not only as a hotel and as a team but we can learn how to better care for our guests.

I am delighted to hear that you took the opportunity to experience both our Park Pool Villa and Park Water Villa – both very different types of villas in their own right as for the Park Pool Villa you have your own private beach access and then for the Park Water Villa you have direct access straight from your villa deck into the coral-filled waters below. It is here where the coral is also very rich with a huge amount of coral coverage.

With regard to the slow wifi connection, we are located in a very remote part of the southern Maldives with much of the infrastructure for internet services still to be extended. This is scheduled to be complete soon and our island will enjoy a much improved connectivity.

I am disappointed to learn your dining experiences were not up to your expectation. It is unfortunate that you visited us before the opening of our signature restaurant, The Island Grill, but please be advised that we have recently changed and added new dishes to all our menus in The Dining Room– including breakfast, lunch and dinner and a new Bar snack menu - and that our Executive Chef and his culinary team are more than happy to customize meals to particular preferences.

Vuguru, many thanks again for taking the time to post your comments onto our page – we sincerely appreciate all the feedback we receive from all our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Maldivian vacation and I hope you will come back again and provide us with an opportunity to WOW you.

Warmest regards,
Pierre

Been to Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa? Share your experiences!