“Paradise Found” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadahaa Island
Doha, Qatar
“Paradise Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I am a Hyatt lover and when I found out there was a new Park Hyatt in the Maldives I was keen to investigate.

From Doha, the Maldives is a four hour flight. This resort is truly remote - involving another hour flight from Male and then a full on James Bond style boat ride to the hotel. It is further than some other resorts but worth it for the solitude.

This was formerly another resort and Hyatt recently took it over, bringing up the standards to those we had come to expect. Booked into the water villas, we had uninterrupted views of the ocean and the sounds of the water lapping below the stilts to lull us to sleep.

Each water villa has an outdoor lounging area as well as a bathroom the size of many apartments with a lovely large bath. Each villa, (there are pool and beach villas also on the island) has a personal butler who organizes everything you need. For example, it was my birthday so we organized some lovely canapes and champagne on the deck of my villa. They also have free wifi - a particular bonus for those who don't like to be too remote!

The island has a resident marine biologist who is not only an expert on the reef's fish, but will take you on guided dives and snorkeling trips. Be aware these guided trips come at at extra cost, so ask beforehand.

the island has two restaurants - one all day dining with a diverse menu and one more in keeping with local and regional cuisine, as well as a bar.

Day trips can be organized and we were fortunate to be accompanied by the GM on a dolphin spotting cruise . Knowing I was a keen foodie, the chef and his team conducted a cooking class in their small vegetable garden using local ingredients o cook some traditional curries. A memorable experience!

Staff are knowledgable and attentive and work hard to give you a great experience.

This is a lovely resort, truly remote and one well worth the trip and the cost.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Rachelann
It was our pleasure you had the opportunity to spend your birthday with us and we are so glad you enjoyed this special day.
Chef is also delighted you were able to experience his garden lunch. He treasure’s his garden and it is certainly a unique experience to literally have your meal plucked fresh before your eyes. In fact the popularity of Chef’s garden may soon have us having to open it as a 3rd restaurant on the island.
We will wait for you to come back and see us again soon, Qatar is just a hop, skip and a jump away and in the mean time you can enjoy our fabulous Grand Hyatt Doha whilst you are home.
With warmest regards – Pierre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

It is already more than one week since we returned from that marvelous place but I still miss it so much! The total time of our connected flights and transfer was 16 hours but we realized that it really worth it just when we stepped out at the island.

The service was perfect since the moment we have been met by a friendly and helpful representative of the hotel in Male till we left the island with everybody waving us goodbye. It seems like everyone was sincerely trying to make our staying most pleasant. Since the arrival we had our personal attendant who was taking care for anything we could require during the stay. Our attendant was Leo. He is a good professional and a really nice person doing his job quickly and always with a smile. We were also impressed when our housekeeper found we are going to have our romantic in-room dinner and he made us a nice surprise (see the picture).
The general manager of the hotel is a very nice and courteous person. He met us the first day we arrive and it was very pleasant when he was meeting us during our stay and asking if he could do anything for us but we could guess nothing.

Transfer
The transfer is organized smoothly and comfortable. In Male we have been offered soft drinks and we were resting in a café till our domestic flight and at the way back you can use the VIP lounge in the local airport. The boat trip to the island was like an adventure. We were lucky to see the dolphins and also the captain showed us the sand-bank – it is a very small new born island where we took a nice picture.

Rooms
We stayed 5 nights in Pool Villa and then 5 nights in Water Villa. I liked both. We were staying in Pool Villa 12. We had a private pool and direct access to the beach and our private beach beds. I also liked very much our open air bathroom with shower. When we were walking along the beach we found that some Villas have their beach beds under the trees. Perhaps someone would prefer it but I like to take sunbathe so our one was just what I wanted.
Water Villa is something incredible! Total privacy, you feel like you are alone with the sea! The glass walls provides you a perfect view while the villa is designed the way that nobody could see you wherever you are in room or at the open air area. The house reef is something special! I had a feeling like I was snorkeling in an aquarium full of exotic fishes. Some pictures are attached.

Dining
Breakfast was perfectly served and tasty. They also have some nice local specials. I recommend everybody trying it. For dinner they have quite a limited number of entrees. During our 10 days I tried almost all of them and most of them were very nice. However for me there are too much curry dishes. I would also mention that our food experience was so good because we met a restaurant manager Marko. Just let him know you want something special and he comes up with ideas! When he found out that we want to try real local food he suggested us a 3 course dinner that was not in the menu. I had very tasty tuna sauce that is cooked for 24 hours and you should eat it with rise by hand. It was a dinner and an adventure at once! We also asked Marko for something special for our final dinner and he suggested a delicious seafood plate with specially cooked lobster. It was so funny cause just that day we have found 2 lobsters under a stone while snorkeling but could not take a good picture and my husband said that he will invite them for our dinner.
We also liked very much the local pastries our personal attendant was bringing us every evening!

Activities
Diving center is like a friendly family. If you dive with John or Ashfaq you will not regret! They are the guys who really love the diving and sincerely want you to have a memorable dive.
Night dive in Maldives is unforgettable. We also liked very much our boat dive trip.
I will suggest also trying the traditional Fishing. We were lucky to catch 4 fishes (2 quite big). Then you could have it for your dinner cooked the way you prefer.

Spa
I have tried a package with 4-hand massage. It was upper my expectations. You fall in heaven for 3 hours! However the steam-room was under the maintenance, but they offered me extra time of the massage. When I was leaving the spa they presented me some nice Balinese cosmetics.

Negative
It is really difficult to suggest anything to be improved. I would mention the low speed of the internet though they said that they know the problem and are now changing the provider.
It would also be nice to have some snacks in the mini bar, cause there was only beverage.

We would like to thank the team of Park Hyatt Maldives and wish them all the best. We would be pleased to return to that place again and we could recommend it to everyone who wants to experience great feelings of comfort within the pure nature!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear VikaB,
It was such a pleasure to have you on the island and you are truly one of the lucky ones to be able to stay so long and really experience our treasures.
Thank you for your comprehensive feedback and honest summation of areas we can improve. We value the time you have taken to post your comments.
I can promise you your dinner on the final night was not the lovely creatures from our own reef, these are part of our family so we take extra special care of them. 
Do come back and visit us again, we will be waiting to care and pamper you.

With warmest regards - Pierre
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt for 6 days for our honeymoon. We went during a non-peak season (Early Sept) so there were not many other guests staying at the resort.

Getting There:
The resort is a 1 hr flight + 1 hr speedboat ride away from the main airport in Male. When we arrived in Male we were greeted by Ali (Hyatt Employee) who was very helpful in ensuring were setup for the subsequent portions of our journey. Also on our return trip we wanted to explore the city of Male while waiting for our flight back to the States. Ali was there again and graciously escorted us around town. The airline was having computer problems back at the airport, but Ali with us to ensure we were checked in properly for our return flight. He definitely went above and beyond to help us.

The Resort:
I won't repeat what's already said in the other reviews, but resort is beautiful and continues to improve with ongoing renovations. The Wi-Fi Internet is very moody, but not like you should be coming here to surf the net.

Activities:
There are various activities available for host by staff (e.g. Scuba, Snorkel, Fishing, Yoga etc.) We enjoyed the Fishing trip because if you catch a fish (which my wife did) they will cook it for you for dinner free of charge. We felt the massages @ the Spa were overrated especially for high price. We really enjoyed taking a nearby local island tour, where one of the Hyatt Staff members showed us his home island. Also it seems that once a week the Hotel will host a Sunset Cruise courtesy of the hotel manager. It was quite an experience to see hundreds of dolphins swimming along side the boat with the sunset in the background.

Food & Drink:
Really Good! Pricey but worth it for ambiance. Highly recommend having the staff setup a special meal on the beach. Also if you like Bloody Mary's be sure to get one with fresh tomato juice from the bar!

Service:
Fantastic. Each villa gets its own personal assistance. They are really good about doing whatever it takes to make the experience pleasant and special for you. I also like how the staff make an effort to memorize guests names. It's a big Hyatt customer service thing, but thought it was a nice touch.

Overall we highly recommend the Park Hyatt Maldives for a getaway of any occasion.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

That's the place where you mind, your soul and your body can have a great rest! The perfect island situated about 40 kilometers from equator and surrounded by warm water of Indian oceans and a fascinaing house reef!
There are 3 types of villas - beach villa, pool villa and water villa. I would suggest you to choose a water villa if you are really keen on snorkling, then you simply step in to the water from you villa and all the magic of ocean is under you! It could be a bit windy at nights, but we get used to wind at night very soon and also it depends on season I guess so you might even not experience wind during the night.
If you like white sand, and would like to be closer to earth I would suggest you pool villa, which has a wonderful summer shower just opposite of you bedroom and also you can enjoy your own pool!
The service is perfect like always in Hyatt. The food is very good, we sometimes asked to make a seafood platter for us which is not on menu and they never refused.
I would suggest you to visit spa and try 4 hands massage which gives you incredible experience because you mind separated from your body during the massage and you relax as never.
I would like to express our sincere thanks to all Park Hyatt Maldives staff and I dream we will come back one day!

Room Tip: We have been staying in water villa, however I would probably choose pool villa next time for a diff...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We`ve stayed 9 days in Park Hyatt Maldives last July, close to the transition to the "Hyatt" administration.

As "honey-mooners", our experience was close to perfect in this perfect & luxurious location.

We have chosen a "beach villa with pool" and it revealed to be the right option: privacy, space, direct access to the beach and good condition of the infrastructure (although not excellent, very good). The aqua Villas (we´ve visited one of them) were considerably less private, with less space, much hotter during the afternoon and with a much poorer maintenance (although we`ve been told that they were going to work on them very soon).

The service was just marvelous: the employee in charge of us was kind and professional; the cleaning personnel were extremely pleasant (all men); in the restaurant everyone was concerned about our satisfaction and the service was highly personalized. What impressed me the most, was the capacity to adapt and react when something was not that good. Example: one day, the fish we`ve ordered was different and not as tasty. The next day a special meal was offered and it was delicious....together with an explanation for the day before: difficulties in the fish suppliers.

Regarding meals: the 2 restaurants are top in quality but limited in choices for long time guests: after 9 days we had chosen almost all the possible combinations of dishes....also that point was to be corrected as far we`ve been told (it wasn`t a real problem, just to inform other visitors ). The breakfast was wonderful: quantity and quality (again, diversity could be even better)!

Although 120 employees from different nationalities were in the Island (from 100 possible guests as maximum), we couldn`t notice them: perfect organization!

The trip from Male airport to the Hotel is 1 hour by boat, but it worths the effort.

Scuba dive center: 5 stars is all I can write and comment about. The snorkeling in the coral is also fantastic, good visibility (changes during the year) but is extremely good in comparison with other places of the world.

After reading some of the comments in the trip advisor we were not convinced about our choice, the truth is that our experience was different and fantastic: we highly recommend Park Hyatt to whom is looking for a quite and luxurious holiday period close to paradise.

Thank you Park Hyatt tram for your kindness and hospitality.

Room Tip: Beach Villas with pool are the best option.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Choosing to stay at Park Hyatt Hadahaa was definitely the RIGHT choice for us.
Spent 9 days in this remote yet heavenly place was holiday of lifetime.

Aqua Villa: Comfortable, air-con was still cool in blasting sun during daytime, love the outdoor daybeds hanging at edge of villa, capturing the mind soothing sea view and fresh breeze of Indian Ocean.
Service: Appreciate the professional attitude and thoughtfulness of our Butler, Gihan. Caring and sensitive, humorous and gentle, felt lucky and comfortable for having him taking care of us. Daily sunset dessert was sent to our villa by Gihan in person. Assistant service director, Ms Rania Won, greeted every guest while we were having breakfast, telling us what and where to see the resort marine life. Attentive to details, positive assurance to requests, customer oriented, Rania is a definite asset of the resort.
Food: 5 star cuisine at a 4 star rate. Best food and drinks I came across in Maldives (among our 5th trips). Soup, main course, pastry, dessert were catered in finest details and in very decent portion.
Pool: Main pool and another one with Jacuzzi hiding near spa area, hardly found anyone swimming in pool except us.
Spa: Spa by Mandara, the 4 hands massage was quite an experience while the Balinese full body massage was also good. Not pricey.
Wi-Fi: Free in Villa, but no thanks, we came all the way here to escape from the hustle and bustle of city.
Night entertainment: Borrow a telescope from the reception to appreciate the myriad of stars.
Transfer: By luxury yacht, Dheeb,guided by friendly Boatmen
Enhancement: Some renovations were going on, but you could barely hear any noise. More upgrading of the resort would go on in the next 3 months.
Nat Geo: Group of Dolphins visited the island twice during our stay. Crabs and colored geckos camouflaged to nature. Snorkeling at house reef is satisfaction guaranteed. We saw numerous bright color blue and brown clams, swam with several black-tip and white-tip sharks, played with 3 turtles, spotted on 3 gigantic lobsters, found couples of cute puddle-fish (box fish alike) , splashed by pools of small jelly-fish, tomato-clownfish in soft corals, experienced groups of Huge size parrot fish and countless colorful fishes, inspired by colonies of giant corals...

Getting to Maldives is not easy, plus this place is inaccessible by seaplane. The long journey felt like we had left Earth. Park Hyatt Maldives could prove it worth our efforts with excellent staff service and pristine house reef. Simply IGNORE the negative reviews when travels were made during April and May at the transitional Hyatt takeover stage. We had also been threatened by those long-standing negative comments in early July after we had made the payment...

Park Hyatt has employed its own marine biologist to conduct regular surveillances to house reef in assuring sustainability of natural marine life. However, we believe the corals should be more colorful and healthy in the past. Discoloration and damage could be due to global climate change. Increased number of visitors may also be an attributing factor. I’m sure the House reef is Hyatt’s proud asset and they would try their best to preserve it. As global warming is endangering the magnificent reef, if you wish to experience the beauty of natural marine life and captured the amazement of our marine experience, don’t plan too long or bother trying out other resorts, go ahead to Part Hyatt to catch up.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, except Villa #1 with its pool facing the jetty is lacking of privacy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear GGHoliday,

WOW, what fabulous photos and a wonderful summation of the resort and our most valued asset, our reef. We can promise you we care for this treasure with our full and combined hearts every single day.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your time on the island.

We hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps next time you will be on the island to witness something as wonderful as last night, when we experienced the joy of watching hundreds of baby turtles hatch and scurry into the water. It was truly remarkable and soul restoring.

Hope to see you back at Hadahaa, also known as Paradise.
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Location is an amazing beauty, facility is outstanding (really "Park Hyatt" standard), staff are very professional but at the same time extremely open and friendly: I spent here a week and I cannot wait to be back again asap!

Everything is very clean, extremely well maintained: rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable, surronded by the quietness of a perfect environment.

Beach is a shoking beauty.

All services are what you expect from this brand and more, including a great dive center.

I strongly recommend a vacation here, as I hope to take another week as soon as I have the chance!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GM_Park_Hyat, General Manager at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Mau-travel,

Warm Greetings from all of us here at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.

We can't wait for you to be back either!

Thank you so much for your very kind note it was both inspiring and humbling to know how much you enjoyed your visit to our island. We do have the most beautiful location in the Maldives and we are thrilled to be able to share it with our valued guests.

Do feel free to contact me personally when next you decide to visit with us.

On behalf of my team and myself, I wish you a wonderul rest of year and hope to see you soon.

Been to Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa? Share your experiences!