We stayed in a water villa for 14 nights for our honeymoon at the beginning of October 2012. When we arrived, as we were a honeymoon couple our villa had been specially decorated and we were given a free bottle of bubbly and cakes. It was a lovely way of welcoming us.
Our villa was lovely and, we felt, not at all sparsely decorated as some reviews have suggested. The balcony was the perfect place to sunbathe and did not feel at all close to other villas, as lying on the loungers, facing the sea, the sea was the only thing to see and we could not see or hear anything from other villas. The walk to the water villas at night was particularly lovely, as the stars were so bright. We also got to walk through the trees to the restaurant for meals. The only downside was the air conditioning, which was at times not very cold, but at other times worked really well. There were plenty of fish to see in the sea outside our villa and all round the island. We also saw a turtle, rays and lots of little sharks.
We were all inclusive and did not find what we could and could not have at all confusing - on check in it was explained and we were given a leaflet. What was included was really generous. We did not feel that the water provided to the villa was at all lacking and we often had some left over, having had 1 litre bottles at our table ar breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The food was really nice and the variety great. The staff and waiters were always helpful and friendly.
We hired snorkels from the dive shop (quite cheap) and went on the sunset fishing trip (included in the all inclusive package) and the dolphin watching. Both trips were excellent and the fish which we caught was served to us in the restaurant the next day.
Downsides: I did get bitten by mosquitos although I know that the island is sprayed. The library is also not stocked with many books in English so bring plenty with you. We also ran out of suntan lotion and bought some from the shop - $49 for normal sized bottle! So we recommend taking plenty of that with you as well!
All in all, we had a perfect honeymoon and could not have asked for more. The staff were all so friendly and accomodating. I would definitely recommend the island for a honeymoon couple or other couple. We also saw several families there too.
We found the weather in general was really hot and sunny. We did have a few days where it was windy and overcast, and there were a few showers. Umbrellas were provided in the villa which was really handy for the walk to the restaurant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Medhufushi Island Resort is a haven of peace and relaxation. An air of tranquility pervades the idyllic island which is adorned with shady coconut trees and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Medhufushi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medhufushi Island Hotel Meemu Atoll
- Medhufushi Island Meemu Atoll