Compared to out previous visit to the Maldives, the setting around the resort, in terms of the calm and crystal blue water and the house reef was simple stunning. Not a sound of a sea plane to be heard - it was just so peaceful. The beach and soft white sand was luxury. Very relaxing.
We took our baby girl with us who enjoyed the baby pool. The staff were only too kind and helpful especially with our little girl. There were plenty of other couples with babies and toddlers there too. Although there were many honeymoon couples, the resort is large enough that they can hide themselves away if need be.
We didn't go all inclusive and in the end - despite drinking a fair few champage cocktails, ordering a bottle of champage, having several massages and also dinner on the beach our bill worked out roughly 10% more than what we would have paid if we had gone all in. The seafood BBQ on the beach is highly worth it. It includes a bottle of champage too and lots of incredibly fresh seafood which you cook yourself.
The food was good for the most part, not as good as where we stayed before, but good none the less.
We were in the beach villas - which were 2 rooms upstairs and 2 rooms downstairs. These rooms were nice, a little dated, but nice however the marbles tiles had pot holes in them which had not been filled up so I caught my toe on it a few times and not great with a little one crawling around.
The spa was ok - for me the balinese massage was the best. The other massages were not as good and seemed a little rushed. My wife got a shiro dhara massage and was not given her full time and did it in the wrong order. When she complained the masseuse claimed she had got the full time and nothing was wrong however that was not right so I complained and they then rectified the matter by reducing the cost of her massage.
Its an expensive resort, compared to where we stayed previously but I don't think anything can beat the setting of the resort and the fact they were so helpful with a little one around made it all the better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the tip of South Male Atoll, 34km from Male International Airport is the idyllic Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, famed for its beautiful beaches and abundant sandbanks. The resort is reached by a picturesque 45 minute speedboat journey.Step into your new home for the next few blissful days, and choose between deluxe rooms, beach villas, water villas, honeymoon villas or the presidential suites. Each of the 164 villas have been crafted purely with comfort, relaxation and elegance in mind, taking the classic materials of nature, blending them with contemporary chic and open-air living, intended to make the most of the Maldivian sunlight and tranquil views. A choice of outdoor sunloungers is provided in all villa categories to ensure that guests can soak up the best of Maldives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olhuveli Beach Hotel South Male Atoll
- Olhuveli Beach And Spa Resort
- Olhuveli Beach Resort