“When I die I'm going to Constance Moofushi, no way even heaven is this good!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Constance Moofushi

You added Constance Moofushi to your Saves list
Constance Moofushi
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   20026   |
Special Offer
CONSTANCE HONEYMOON OFFER
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
London, United Kingdom
“When I die I'm going to Constance Moofushi, no way even heaven is this good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Much of what I'll say has already been said in earlier reviews. From my experience, all of the good stuff is absolutely true and I didn't experience any of the bad stuff.

The experience was like a dream, everything on the island was simply outstanding. The quality of everything is superb.

Accommodation is if the highest standard with great quality furnishings kept immaculately clean. Public spaces are also spotless with glasses, plates etc all removed within minutes of being finished with. The island is spotless with no litter or any space that looked tired or worn.

Food is incredible. The range and quality is fantastic. I had a Maldivian Curry one night that was so amazing I asked them to send me the recipe, which they did. Themed nights means there's always something to look forward to and speculate about. Be prepared to leave the island at least 10% heavier than you arrived.

Service is wonderful with someone always at hand to help you, fulfil your request and even have a chat. The staff is really multicultural and multilingual. I was amazed at the number of different languages many of them spoke. At Moofushi every guest is equal. This was a very special holiday for us, more money than we ever would spend on a holiday. We were aware that there were many much wealthier people than us there but we felt we got exactly the same level of care. We found the atmosphere to be totally unpretentious and I think your relationship with your hosts can be as formal or informal as you like. We spent time with the staff reef cleaning, at their local football/soccer tournament and my husband even badgered Jack one of the management team into playing table tennis with him. Jack was kind enough not to crow when he won.

The staff are brilliant very well trained but also given the permission to act on initiative. Two examples stand out, I happened to be nosing at the pods for the Nespresso machine behind the bar. I mentioned to a member of staff that they were missing the best one (Arpeggio if you're interested). And blow me down if he didn't arrange to get hold of the Arpeggios and get a Nespresso machine put into my room. On another occasion I was talking to a waiter about bananas. He told me that in Maldives they have Red bananas and nipped off to get his iPhone to show me a picture of them. It's that extra step that shows real thought.

The other guests were a pretty wide mix. Honeymooners (obviously) but also couples there for a holiday. There were a few families there with babies, young and older children. I wouldn't personally bring children under 10 to Moofushi. There's not really much for the kids to do, there's no kids club, not many other children to mix with, the pool is smallish and access at every step to open water. That said I know the team do their best to organise activities and help entertain the children that do come.

The scuba and snorkelling is something else. Within meters of the beach are coral reefs that are like swimming in an aquarium. We did our first ever dive there. The instructor from the island dive centre was great. He was very patient and understanding with me when I had a little wobble and made certain to keep me reassured through the dive.

The final cherry on the cake to call out, is there are no bugs!! They fumigate the island every night.

A few people to call out, although we got fantastic service from all. Azim who kept our villa spotless of sand and who disappointed my husband by being an Arsenal fan. Nash and Demetri who did a great job of delivering wonderful wines to us ignorant, fair weather drinkers. Ko who gave us such a warm welcome when we arrived. Jack who tolerated my husband's table tennis goading. Massimo from Blue Fish Dive centre who was such a patient and reassuring instructor. And finally the truly charming KD who sorted me out my favourite coffee, organised a beautiful surprise dinner on the beach after I mentioned I had a very special day coming up and was generally always there making sure we had everything our hearts could desire.

Tips

The sun is really really strong. Bring double the amount of sun cream you usually would. With going in and out of the water, we went through half a bottle a day each. Bring a hat for the same reason.

The sand gets really hot. You won't wear shoes but Day 1 my feet burnt top and bottom. Luckily I had reef shoes with me which were a god send. I'd seriously suggest bringing some. Great for while your snorkelling too.

Try getting up a bit early and before going to breakfast have a swim in the pool. It's sea water but they filter out some of the salt. It's a stunning way to start the day.

We brought our own snorkels in bright colours. Really useful if you get separated while you're out in the water.

Tipping is a tricky etiquette especially if you come from somewhere where it's not usual practice. We tipped a couple of US dollars a day to housekeeping and dinner waiters.

Bring minimal luggage. Towels, slippers, dressing gowns, shampoo, shower gel, cotton wool and buds, shaving kits etc are all provided.

The restaurant has a dress code. You can find it on the resort website. We chose to comply with it, although not everyone does.

Be prepared to be really miserable when you return home.

Final tip......GO!!! Book right now!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, yesterday
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for writing such a detailed, informative and beautiful review about your recent stay at Constance Moofushi.

It is wonderful to read that you had a memorable time with us and thank you for mentioning that our accommodation is of highest standard. I am glad that you enjoyed our concept of Barefoot Chic and that you enjoyed our different food offerings on the various Theme Nights, accompanied by suitable wines selected by our Sommeliers.

We are very fortunate to be situated in such beautiful surroundings and our House reef is indeed teeming with many forms of marine life, which you have seen on your Snorkeling trips. I am also happy to read that under the professional guidance and care of our Blue Tribe Dive team you were able to explore as well the wonders of the deep sea.

I am particularly pleased that we provided you with a personalized service, like delivering a Nespresso machine to your Villa, with your favorite pods to enjoy. Rest assured that your praise will be shared with our entire team and in particular with the team members you mentioned.

We fumigate our Island daily and always do this very carefully. We take great in our surroundings and a special thank you to you for your kind assistance with the reef cleaning. I am also glad that you took an interest in our Team members Football Match and yesterday we played the Finals.

We all would be delighted to welcome you back for a second visit to our Jewel Island in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My partner and I visited Constance Moofushi for five days last month . This was our first trip to the Maldives and in a Constance resort, and it really did not disappoint.

From the moment we arrived in Moofushi, we were greeted by the very friendly international team, who were all very helpful and happy to tell us everything we wanted to know about the island.

We stayed in a Senior Water Villa, which was lovely. Very secluded and had everything you would need to relax, including an outdoor bath and stairs that led down to the beautiful Indian Ocean.

The food was delicious and pretty varied, this was my first time all inclusive and for this the Maldives, in my opinion, it is the only way to go. Wine and cocktails were very good and we really enjoyed cocktails at sunset. The Alizee restaurant is a must and probably my best meal, during our stay.

A special thanks to Hassan, who was very hospitable and couldn't do enough for us! Also the DJ Sanjay, who was lovely to chat to and also played some great music on our few visits to the bar..

Definitely recommend this place, its a perfect place to relax, eat, drink and watch the world go by .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We chose Constance Moofushi after a lot of research for my hubby's special birthday this year and it couldn't have been anymore special !!!!!!
It's difficult not to repeat the superlatives that many other visitors have mentioned already.
This is a special island where from the moment you land, you are made to feel welcome.
We booked a senior water villa which was extremely clean, spacious, comfy large bed, large balcony area with seating and sun lounges and steps giving you direct access to the sea and local reefs, in fact it was just perfect! Waheed did a fantastic job of looking after our villa during our stay, he greeted us in passing every morning, with a smile and asked if there was anything extra we needed ... great service Waheed - thank you! The villa was perfect, we especially liked the shower room (with folding doors) opening onto the outside and the outdoor bath.

We pre booked several experiences prior to our arrival and added a couple more whilst we were there.

CINEFUSHI - private open area cinema under the stars!
We loved this experience, you get to choose your own movie, from a selection of about 26 ( there's something there for all tastes) they set up an area on the beach with large sofa bean bags, plants, lighting etc... You get canapés, popcorn a large selection of drinks (beer, water, coke) and a bottle of Prosecco! They even visit you half way through the movie to offer you ice cream (which I couldn't resist) We loved every minute and it was a fantastic experience.

ALIZEE WINE & DINE - private dinner on the beach
We met with the head chef Richard a couple of days before to discuss our food tastes and Nash head of the Sommelier team, to discuss the wine prior to our dinner.
The chef prepares a menu, which you get to review and agree. Then on the evening of your dinner Nash paired the wine with the food its was delicious, great food with a great choice of wines (from Nash) that complimented our meal. PERFECT!

SANDBANK BREAKFAST -the opportunity was too good to miss. We were taken by boat to a small offshore sandbank, where a table, parasol and breakfast had earlier been set up by the F&B team. Rifkhan stayed for a short time to serve some breakfast and open a bottle of prosseco, then we were passed a mobile phone and asked to ring when we were ready to return. I think we spent a couple of hours out there. In addition to breakfast we took the opportunity to do some more snorkelling in the shallower waters surrounding the sandbank. This was amazing, having your own bit of island (sandbank lol) all to our selfs.

SUNDOWN CELEBRATION. Yes you can watch the sunset anywhere on the island, but on your own little section of beach with Canapés and Champagne, sat in the blissful surroundings of Moofushi, was another fantastic experience. We did this on our last evening at Moofushi and as we thought and at the time it was the perfect ending to our holiday. Having said that, when we left sundown celebrations we made our way to Manta restaurant for dinner and to our surprise Rifkhan had set up a table for us on a private jetty away from other diners. The table had been decorated with beautiful flowers with surrounding lighting. It even brought tears to my eyes, thank you Rifkhan and KD.

A part from all these wonderful activities we also enjoyed a free snorkelling boat trip, went wine tasting with the Sharks, a free dinner at ALIZEE and snorkelled every day in different areas off the island.

Would we return to Moofushi?... without a doubt.....In fact I'm already trying to persuade my husband that every birthday is special and all our birthdays should be spent on this beautiful island.

Finally a massive thank you to Hassan Rifkhan, KD, all the F&B team. Nash, Raul, Dimitri, and the sommelier team, and a BIG thank you to all the staff at Moofushi for their fantastic service, friendliness and kindness shown during our stay.

Rifkhan we hope the Hook Riders won the tournament?

Leaving Moofushi was a wrench for us, but we will be back ...

Mr & Mrs Eley

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Mr and Mrs Eley,

Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for writing such a detailed and wonderful review about your recent stay at Constance Moofushi. Thank you for choosing us for your husbands special birthday and I am so glad that you had a memorable time with us.

It is wonderful to read that you liked your well appointed Senior Water Villa and that Waheed ensured that it was always spotless clean and welcoming.

We are very fortunate to be situated in such beautiful surroundings and the best way to explore all of this beauty is by experiencing various activities like you did. From the private Cinefushi experience under a canopy of stars, to a romantic dinner beach-side in our Alizee restaurant, to "owning" your own island (sandbank) in the Maldives , and by enjoying our beautiful sunsets in privacy and with some sparkling wine to celebrate these special moments.

Not to mention our wine tastings in the sea with baby sharks swimming around you and the teeming activity in various parts of our extensive house reef surrounding the Island.

We are also proud of our team members and will share your praise with our entire team and especially with Waheed, Hassan, Rifkhan, KD, Nash, Raul and Dimitri.

On a special note, I am glad that you took an interest in our Team members Football Match and unfortunately the Team FC Hogriders did not make it to the Finals. After a dramatic and nerve wrecking Final, FC Rannamariez won 05 to 03 against FC Kulhey Kulhey.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The resort is excellent! Just like the pictures. Most beatiful place I've ever been. We went for our honey moon. The all inclusive system is very good and my husband and I liked the food a lot. We stayed in a water bungalow and could go snorkeling right from the stairs in it. The staff was very good, specially Rifkhan, Alino, Jaufar, Nazi and Hassan.

Room Tip: The water bungalows are wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Constance Moofushi here on Trip Advisor and we are grateful for your positive feedback and thank you for the nice pictures.

I am happy that you chose our Resort for your honeymoon and read that you enjoyed our Cristal All - Inclusive package and our food offers. I am also glad that you enjoyed our house reef with its teeming, abundant marine life literally just a few steps away from your well appointed Water Villa.

We will ensure that your praise is shared with our entire team and especially with Rifkhan, Alino, Jaufar, Nazi and Hassan.

We all look forward meeting you again on your next visit to our Jewel Island, maybe for your First Year Anniversary ?

North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned to the UK following a 13 day stay at this beautiful unspoiled resort. It was way beyond expectations, the facilities were excellent and well maintained, the food was delightful and varied, and all the staff, from management to workers were polite, friendly and very concerned for our welfare.
The wildlife we saw was amazing, from crystal clear seas teaming with fish of all colours, sizes and types, dolphins, and manta rays, to herons and fruit bats.
It was the holiday of a lifetime, giving us memories we will never forget. Thank you staff at Constance Moofushi.

Room Tip: The senior water villas are well worth the extra expense, private and quiet, and well equipped with...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your positive review here on Trip Advisor.

We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and food and also got to experience our house reef with it's abundant marine life and also saw dolphins and manta rays on excursions.

We are happy that you had a memorable stay and we would be very happy to look after you again on our Jewel Island, in case you return to the Maldives once again in the near future.

South Ari Atoll
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our expectation were high, and I was worried mine were too high for this holiday. I need not have worried. Constance Moofushi was truly remarkable in every way. The are staff exceptional, so attentive but not in any way over-bearing. The ambiance wherever you were on the island was amazing. We were taken care of from the moment we arrived, nothing was too much trouble. However, we did not have to ask for much..........so much thought had gone into every aspect of the holiday experience that you just 'floated' from one lovely moment to the next! We will return!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your positive review here on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to read that we met your high expectations and that you had a remarkable stay with us. I am pleased that our concept of barefoot chic and our friendly, unobtrusive service allowed you to have many memorable moments during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back to your second visit with us on our Jewel Island in the near future.

Rio De Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have been there for a week in May 2014. The first thing that impressed me and my wife was being welcomed in our native language. There are not much Portuguese speakers in tourist destinations but when we arrived at the jetty the manager started talking Portuguese to us. From that we realized that we were starting the best experience of our lives.
Every detail is meticulous thought. From the greetings you receive from every staff just for being there to the wine that are chosen for each meal.
If you are going to Maldives, this is definitely the best place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your positive review with the Trip Advisor community. As you are a well experienced world travelers, we are particularly grateful for your high praise.

I am happy that you enjoyed our friendly and personalized service from the arrival and throughout your stay. We are also happy to read that you enjoyed some of our 140 wines of offer and our food.

We would be very happy to look after you again on our Jewel Island, in case you return to the Maldives once again in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!