“First Class Holiday all the way” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Constance Diving Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Moofushi Island
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“First Class Holiday all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the moment we stepped off the seaplane till the time we had to leave, Constance Moofushi impressed us every day.Wine tasting in the sea as fish swim between your legs, kayaking on the blue waters, sunsets melting into the ocean, waves lapping at the legs of our water villa as the tide changes, sunset fishing off a boat. The wine selection alone (over 140 wines and champagnes) was enough to win us both over but then the knowledge and professionalism shown by each of the sommeliers every day was just as impressive.Nothing was ever a problem, everything was made very easy for us. We ate an array of delicious food every day in the buffet and in the Alizee restaurant, always accompanied by a bottle of wine better than the last. The staff at Moofushi really make you feel like you're a world away from home. They are generous and always smiling and we'd like to pay particular attention to our waiter Adam, who knew what we wanted before we'd even asked for it, Piyal and Nash for their excellent wine choices, their knowledge, and last but not least, Ella from the dive centre. I was scared of diving, never thought I'd ever get past snorkelling but after a session in the pool for confidence after an initial dive to see if I liked it I opted to get past my fear. Without her clear instruction, thorough attentiveness to me, calm supportiveness and expertise, I don't think it would have been so easy and definitely as much fun. Thanks to Ella, I have my open water PADI and enriched air certificate and can't wait to dive again! Its something to be said though, that learning to dive in one of the most beautiful reefs full of so many fish in a one on one teacher/student experience is much more motivating and enjoyable than learning in a group environment in an indoor pool. I'm so grateful I had such a wonderful teacher as Ella to make something I was fearful of an exciting and enjoyable experience. The whole stay at Moofushi was amazing, with the staff service being second to none. One other thing to add that we learnt as soon as we arrived and were extremely surprised at, was that having the all inclusive package, that also included the doctor and any meds (in my case antibiotics for a wisdom tooth deciding not to heal well) were included as well. Five days of meds, all included. Every day staff asked me how I was showing genuine concern, even the kitchen giving me my own bowl of cloves to keep to help with pain relief with everyone being extremely attentive. Moofushi is a place where you can meet other couples and have long lunches in the sun with them or have your own intimate dinners if wanting that quiet time alone. Meeting others as you go for dives off the boat or simply walking down the steps of your water villa straight into some of the most brilliant snorkelling we had ever seen in the mornings. The villas are not large but are accommodating and the two things we probably missed were a bath and a Nespresso machine. But every day our room was tended to and the fridge restocked. They even changed our Chardonnay to Sauvignon Blanc for our stay due to our preference. Sometimes in the bar after dinner, I think they could have benefit from another staff member as it sometimes seemed as if they were understaffed. But little things like that don't matter so much when overall our stay was relaxing and stress free and we forgot about everything else for 10 days ( except the World Cup which was played on a screen every night there was a game=happy hubby ). I would easily go back to Moofushi and recommend it to anyone as we were recommended it by our friends as well.

Room Tip: 137 water villa is right on the end facing the sunset each day. Was great.

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for our Honeymoon after an excellent recommendation from Jo at Angelfish. We got married in Mauritius the week before and had a fabulous time in an elegant and classic resort - Shanti Maurice - highly recommended!

For our Honeymoon, we decided that we wanted to go to a resort where we could completely relax in paradise and that was exactly what the Moofushi gave us. From the moment we arrived at Male we were taken to the Constance lounge to freshen up and relax with complimentary refreshments before catching the seaplane to the resort. From there we then went on a 25 minute seaplane journey directly to the hotel. This is an experience not to be missed as you get the chance to see the extent of the beautiful Maldives from the air which is incredible!

We then arrived safely at the Moofushi and were immediately met by the friendly staff who took us to reception and provided us with a lovely fresh drink and showed us around the resort as our room wasn't quite ready. The island is very well maintained and surrounded by beautiful turquoise water and soft sand. There are many reef sharks and stingray that can be seen in the waters and you have the opportunity to also feed them in the evenings from the arrival/departure area.

We had booked a Water Villa and were very fortunate to have been given one on the Sunset side (133) as there were some incredible views and also less noise from the regular seaplane landings which happen at least 4 to 5 times a day. The Water Villa to be honest was a little less refined than we had expected. The rooms are very nice but not huge and can feel quite cramped after a while, they are a little tired in places and we would have expected a bath to be an essential part of the villa and were slightly disappointed that there was only the indoor shower available. The decking area and view are lovely and provide great privacy but the steps down to the sea from the decking could do with scraping every so often as they accumulate various sea vegetation from being constantly in and out of water and can be rather slippy. The mini bar is excellent, included in the all inclusive package and re-stocked every day but an espresso machine would have been nice rather than packets of Nescafe. The rooms are cleaned very well and you have an allocated cleaner, in our case Rashad who was excellent. There doesn't appear to be a environmental towel policy - most hotels these days say that if you want fresh towels leave them on the floor, this wasn't the case at the Moofushi and unless we had asked I'm not sure we would have got clean towels, when you are in and out of the sun and sea and the humidity is high we showered almost 3 times a day and to have clean towels provide once a day I don't think is too much to ask for a 5* resort.

The food was very good and we were very impressed with the wide range of choice, options and quality available. All the chefs are friendly and happy to explain ingredients etc. to help you make your choice. The waiters are also very friendly and do an excellent job, they are occasionally a little too attentive, one night my water was filled up 6 times in 15 minutes by different waiters after a few sips, in one way its great service but at the same time a little intrusive when you're trying to have a quiet meal. The sommeliers are great, professional and know the wines very well they also are happy to work with your particular tastes but also will try and push your perceptions and taste buds, which is a good thing - thanks to the whole team led by Nash. The bars are also great and the staff friendly - Guarav mixes the best Pina Colada in the Indian Ocean and has a great sense of humour.

The Spa is excellent and they do great arrival/departure offers that are well worth while, the staff in the Spa are also absolutely lovely and particular thanks to Gladys for looking after us so well.

We had booked a honeymoon package which included a bottle of sparking wine in the room and a gift during our stay, the sparkling wine was incredibly poor, over sweet, cheap prossecco (compared to the Shanti in Mauritius which gave us a bottle of Taittinger!) and the gift never materialised!

All in all we had a lovely time at the Constance Moofushi and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but I think the service we received at the Shanti Maurice in Mauritius and the number of excellent reviews on here for the Constance meant our expectations were very high and a small lack of attention to detail meant they weren't quite met. However, we certainly didn't let this ruin our Honeymoon and very lucky to have a week of fabulous weather.

Room Tip: For water villas, anything above 100 and an odd number will give you a sunset view and restrict nois...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was with slight intrepidation that I returned here after opening the resort in Nov 2010. This time back as a pure guest. I was a little nervous to see how the island that had been my home for 3 years, had come along.

No worries, in fact it was fantastic to see how well it has turned out.

The villas, although not large have been very well maintained, the public spaces still ooze the magic the island always had.

It was great to see so many familiar faces including those who had helped us toil up to 20 hours a day during pre opening, carrying furniture up to a km to the furthest water villas.

The service is nice, simple and friendly, the food ample and more importantly the reef, which we had spent so much time preserving , absolutely fabulous.

Ramu, the long time bar man continues to make the most superlative Cappuccino, (nicknamed for a long time as the Ramuccino)

Constance Group have built and maintained a real jewel at Moofushi.

Cheers

Stayed July 2014
Tadley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Moofushi for 11 nights in June to celebrate 20 years together. This was to be our first trip to the Maldives and we had researched the hotels carefully, and decided on Moofushi based on its glowing reviews and the Cristal All-Inclusive package. On arrival at Male we were met by the Hummingbird representative and our luggage taken to the Seaplane check-in. From here it was a short air-conditioned minibus ride to the departure lounge where we were given towels and a refreshing drink. We didn't have to wait very long to get on the seaplane which was an experience in itself! After around 30 minutes we arrived at the hotel jetty where we were greeted by the staff. We were given a quick tour of the island and had lunch while our room was prepared. We stayed in an overwater villa (number 34). Although the room is lovely, these particular villas do have the sea breaking on the shore just underneath the room which the villas the other side of the island do not. The food in the Manta restaurant was delicious, with so much choice everyday. The Alizee restaurant on the beach is more romantic - my partner proposed to me here which made an already special holiday even better! We celebrated by planting a palm tree with a plaque inscribed with the date. The Bluetribe diving centre is very well run, we went on several excursions including the whale shark trip. Sadly we didn't get to see one (it was a bit late in the season), making it a bit of an expensive boat trip. All the staff are friendly and go out of their way to make your holiday special. Special thanks to Nash the head sommelier for his wine recommendations, sorry we didn't get round to doing the tour of the wine cellar! We cannot wait to return and see how our palm tree is fairing!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Advised for:
- Honeymooners,
- Who are looking for
emotional and lovely holiday,
luxury,
the place where you forget who you are,
who want to forget the time,
peaceful holiday

Unexpected
- Hospitality and kindness of all staff
- Natural beauties,
- Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Buffet (meals and drinks)

Thank you Constance Moofushi, everything were like a dream...

Room Tip: Sunset or sunrise SENIOR Water Villas are suggested.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

we stayed for 7nights at this hotel about 8 months ago and i don't think a day goes by that i don't think about how perfect it was.Accommodation was luxurious,food was so tasty and fresh,great selection of wines,fruit juices and iced drinks and the snorkelling was spectacular.I don't think another holiday will be able to beat it.Ever.

Room Tip: stayed in a beach hut,lovely having your own private beach garden to relax in.not all water villas a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at Constance Moofushi, Maldives for our honeymoon. We stayed a total of 9 nights and were absolutely amazed with the resort and its staff. We felt welcome and taken care of from the moment we arrived in Male airport. The Constance lounge at the airport is very inviting and refreshing. The lounge gives off feelings of seclusion, simplicity as well as luxury. There, we were welcomed by the resort's professional staff with refreshing cold towels and delicious strawberry/mango iced tea. We had about 30 minutes before our flight, so the staff was able to check us in before arriving on the island.

It's difficult to describe in words the breathtaking beauty of the Maldives, and Constance Moofushi in particular. Arriving by seaplane, and landing on the turquoise waters, my husband and I felt like it was all a dream. Getting off the plane, we were welcomed by the smiling faces of the reception staff, who explained to us about the resort and showed to our gorgeous water villa. During our booking, we requested a water villa at the end of the boardwalk because we wanted to be most secluded. We received just that! We were booked for water villa 135, which we believe has the most privacy.

We were impressed with how well organized everything was at Constance Moofushi. We did not worry about our bags once we got off the plane at Male. Our bags were taken by Constance staff at Male and delivered to our seaplane and then directly to our villa.

During the 10 days stay, we were served by great staff. Some were exceptionally professional, and made us feel even more pampered! These individuals truly made our stay more special and we would like to thank them once again…

Nishanta served us drinks on several occasions, both at the Totem Bar and the Manta Bar. He was always smiling, friendly and professional. We enjoyed talking to and getting to know a little bit about him. He's a very hard working guy!

Dulal served us drinks at the Totem bar almost every morning. Once he knew our favorite drink (Havanah Coffee) he would make it and bring it to us before we had the chance to order it ourselves. Not only that, but of all the barmen on the island, he was best at making this specific drink.

Adam served us during several lunches and dinners. He was exceptional in that he remembered that we always drink San Pellegrino water with our meals. During one particular dinner, he brought us two bottles of San Pellegrino when first greeting us at our table. That made us feel very special and we greatly appreciated him for his excellent service that time and all the other times that he served us.

Rashad was in charge of cleaning our room. He did a wonderful job, and we were very happy with his service. It was a pleasure to come back (both in the afternoon and after dinner) to find our room cleaned and made up.

Harris served us on many occasions, both at the Alizee restaurant as well at Totem Bar. He provided exceptional service, and was very pleasant. We enjoyed chatting with him and getting to know a bit more about the Maldives. We learned a lot from him about the Maldives and Maldivian people.

Nash was our sommelier a few times during dinner. He provided excellent service and was very friendly. We also enjoyed chatting with him, as he has a very interesting story of traveling and working around the world.

Abby and Gladis provided their services to us at the Spa. I have had many massages in the past, but I was blown away with the massage I received from Abby. It was the most relaxing and pleasant experience I have had at a spa. My husband was also very happy with his massage.

To summarize, we had an amazing honeymoon! We definitely recommend Constance Moofushi to anyone who is looking for a luxurious yet laid back vacation in paradise 

Room Tip: Water villas at the end of the boardwalk!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!