“Amazing Honeymoon made by quality staff and resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
CONSTANCE HONEYMOON OFFER
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Honeymoon made by quality staff and resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Nash, Rebecca and Piyal in the Restaurant prove that a holiday is not all about the hotel, the Staff are so Important, these three are the Sommeliers at the hotel, they were knowledgable, friendly and made two wine plebs learn and appreciate what we like in a wine, without feeling stupid! Good work.

The whole resort is stunning the food excellent, the setting amazing, our honeymoon was 5 Star all the way, we would recommend to anyone, 5 star without being pretentious, not easily done, infact I didn't put my shoes on for 10 days.

Thank you to all the Staff, Naasee, Imran, well all of you, you made it thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Joao da Madeira, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

A fantastic resort. Everything corresponded more than expected.
The place is a paradise on earth! The service was amazing!! The staff was veryyy good.
All the details was taking into account in order to become constance moofushi in an unforgettable place.

Room Tip: senior water villa is fantastic
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and visited Moofushi end of February and stayed for ten nights and had a fantastic stay! From reading other reviews at the time and looking at the imagery available, we realized that this resort is something extraordinary, even so our expectations where exceeded after arriving! When it it comes to the welcoming attitude of the staff and service provided, well, it was more than we ever expected or have encountered at any other establishment we've been to. The special requirements we had where all taken care of and provided in a professional manner.
On the whole, the ambiance of the place is very warm, friendly and gives the feel of being a big family. We are planning our return ...

Room Tip: We selected a "Senior Overwater Villa", which we do not regret - size and location where j...

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Dear Moofushi Family, Thank You!

I was quite sceptical about visiting an all inclusive resort with a casual no-shoe athmosphere -but the most warm welcome and the warm raked white fine sand allayed all my fears with the first gentle breeze over the turquoise sea. The feeling you get is that you are someone specially cared for somewhere remote in a subtle perfect luxury, completely authentic, stylish and comfortable and very laid-back setting. The stuff is so lovely, going each extra mile with a smile and made our daughters birthday the most special day, from morning till late night with everything one can emagine, with a birthday cake and a song and an opulently decorated bed.

The snorkeing around the island with colourful healthy corals (specially on the outer reef in front of senior water villas) huge fishes, hawksbil turtle every day and sometimes even stingray exeeded our expectations and we were happy to see dolphins many times right in front of the water villas no 30-46. The Manta excursion we did was a great experience, at something 50US$ worth each cent, the stuff was so motivated to get us the best view, the best possible video..

Our special Thank You! to Stephen, who accomplishes the buffet to an interactive experience and his entire F&B team, making everything possible on such a small island far away from Male. The infrastructure is impressing and it opened our eyes to some facts joining the „back of the (top modern, clean) house“ tour, where they explain the water systems, generator (very well sealed off-you cant hear anything, and I'm really touchy) etc. We got a sort of a different view to each single fresh bottle of water, smooth fresh towel and to the cost level as well. It is like magic how many fresh things you find three times a day on the buffet, tropical fruits and fresh crisply salads celebrating each night a special theme around the world.

So we want to come back asap to that tiny little classy Robinson Crusoe *****Island!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sheringham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This may sound crazy, but I'm writing this review as I sit on my water villa terrace looking out at the aquamarine Indian Ocean. Yes I know I'm on holiday, but when better to write the review when you are surrounded by paradise an it's fresh in the mind? I know when I am home the chance will escape me, as I will be 'straight back into it' and it will be one of those things I wanted to do...

In the UK myself and my partner own a couple of travel agencies, and travel extensively worldwide, staying in some of the most amazing and luxurious hotels. Moofushi is a little gem in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with excellent service, staff, food and stunning beaches. I know when we were planning on travelling we had lots of questions, and couldn't quite seem to find the answers, so here is a list that I hope will help you make your decision and a general low down on the property...

Arrival : We flew Turkish Airlines and were impressed with the flight. On arrival we were greeted by the representative from Constance and immediately transferred to the lounge to wait for our sea plane flight. The lounge had light refreshments and the lady was lovely. Check in was at the lounge so on arrival in resort you were taken to your water villa directly. Within the hour (we waited about half an hour) the sea plane whisked us off to Moofushi via Veligandu. Remember the allowance for luggage is 20kgs hold luggage + 5kgs hand. If you go over there is a charge , which is not big, and the details are on the Moofushi website. The size of the hand luggage is an issue and if you have a roller case it will be taken from you and put in the back of the seaplane.

On arrival at the Island we were met by Kai, an excellent general manager and lovely guy who runs a very tight ship. We were advised of our water villa numbers and then the little golf buggy whisked us off along the boardwalk to find them. There was an initial orientation tour enroute but we declined, after 24hrs of travelling and attired in our winter UK clothes we just wanted to strip off and jump in the sea!! Our villa number is 40 & our friends are in villa 41. I think they are a great location as not too far to walk back to the restaurants and bars etc, but still with direct access to the lagoon. There is a bit of coral in the water directly outside and when the tide is low you just splash about in the shallows, but when the tide is in you can get a swim and the coral about 20m away is teeming with life, parrot fish, angel fish, trigger fish etc. This morning however we walked to the end of the boardwalk (senior villas) and there is the most stunning lagoon I have ever seen and you can swim with no coral underfoot, it really is fabulous. Can't wait for this afternoon for another trip along there. It's only a couple of minutes walk to absolute paradise....If you book Senior Villas then I know it's further to walk but I would suggest the last villas as the steps go straight into this lagoon and they are very private....

All Inclusive : If you are booking Moofushi then it is probably the All Inclusive that has attracted you. I can honestly say this is one of the best all inclusives we have ever encountered. Included in the package are approx 80 different wines from all parts of the world, and I can assure you you can have as much as you like! This is a problem sometimes, especially at lunch!! Joking aside the quality is fantastic, Nash the sommelier and his lovely wife Rebecca are iin control and can recommend you some wonderful bottles to match your meal. The bars also offer all the premium brand drinks, and I can assure you there is no watering down as experienced in the Caribbean in the past. Lovely staff again, and we tended to plump for the Totem bar which was barefoot on the beach as opposed to the main bar. In your room your minibar is stocked daily with wine, beer, water and snacks + confectionery and replenished constantly. You really don't have to put your hand in your pocket...

Food : The main restaurant is buffet style, and it's one of the best buffets I have ever experienced. A fantastic salad selection each night, along with various hot and cold dishes to choose from. In addition to this there is the Alizee A la Carte restaurant, which we visited once, and they do steaks / duck etc on the grill. On your all inclusive package you are entitled to one visit each week to the Alizee. We were booked to go again, but the food is so excellent and varied in the buffet that we have decided to cancel our reservation! The buffet restaurant has different themes each night too so you do get variety. The meat served on the buffet is all flown in from Australia and is excellent quality. The hotel doesn't do room service so dining on your terrace is not an option here.

Barefoot chic dress code : Our biggest question when we were getting ready for our holiday - what shall we pack?! Well Barefoot chic is the order of the day...this means for gents / ladies shorts and a top/t-shirt for breakfast and bare foot....shorts / cover up etc with a t-shirt for lunch and barefoot....and dinner well most men have a pair of smart shorts on and a t-shirt or short, and ladies have shorts & top or light dress on also barefoot....don't bother with shoes there really is no need. We haven't put shoes on since we arrived and it's pure heaven!!

Extras : My partner went to the spa and loved it. Various treatment etc and the massage lead in at 110usd, not too bad I suppose for an hour. The treatment rooms are on stilts over the laggon with glass viewing holes to see the fish below. Water sports, they provide free snorkelling equipment (we brought our own) and various free excursions etc. We haven't used any of them just preferring to snorkel offshore and relax, and relaxing it is. There is a nice swimming pool on the beach and sun beds etc, but we have stayed in our water villa as you have shade, outdoor shower, and direct access to the ocean - perfect.

All in all we are having a fabulous holiday and would highly recommend the resort to anyone who wants wonderful beaches, an excellent all inclusive concept, relaxation and sun. The staff as I said are great, special mention to Harris at the Totem bar and our room man (sorry forgotten his name, but he's brilliant!). If you want a holiday with shopping, sightseeing, and lively nightlife then look elsewhere..for picture perfect paradise, white sand beneath your feet, an ocean of indescribable blues and complete relaxation then Moofushi has it all.

We are off to Halaveli next week so will review there too, can't wait...:)

Room Tip: Villa 41 close to everything. Senior water villas I would go for the ones at the end of the boardwal...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I visited Constance Moofushi at the end of February '14 staying for 9 nights and had a fantastic time. We really struggled to find any fault at all, the staff, accommodation, food, service, drink availability and variety grounds, beach, bars, restaurants etc were all 5 star as advertised. The infinity swimming pool is a little small but when you have 360 degree beautiful clear blue seas surrounding you it seems like a very small complaint. Talking of the sea, as fairly novice snorkelers we had a great time getting acquainted with fish and reefs within easy reach. There are lots of arranged activities available and depending who you book with (we were with Kuoni) you may get a complimentary excursion of arranged activity thrown in as well. In summary, Constance Moofushi, not the cheapest but certainly one of the best resorts in the Maldives

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would advise against a Water Villa as the sea is no silent!

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have been to the Maldives once before and stayed at Mirihi. I was concerned that nothing was going to compare, and in some respects the two resorts are very different, but different is not a bad thing.

Getting there:
Upon landing from our international flight, we were met by our tour operator and whisked to the Constance lounge. Lounge was clean, servers were gracious and breakfast was adequate. We only waited an hour for our 30 minute plane transfer.

The resort:
Small, pretty island with very comfortable rooms. We stayed in a senior water villa, number 62. We were not given the villa we requested but that was no issue. We enjoyed staying on the even side as there was more water on this side and the planes very rarely landed on our side. The common areas were kept very clean, there is a decent workout facility, a game room, outdoor ping pong and volleyball, 2 restaurant areas and 2 bar areas. This resort hosts more guests and I disagree with previous reviews that you feel like like there are no other people on the island - but it is not annoying at the same time.

The food: I am not an all inclusive type person and I was wary about the buffet, but it was consistently good. We are vegetarian and really enjoyed the salads and the Sri Lankan night. There was a seafood night and we found the options for vegetarians to be quite limited, but the head chef Stephen was more than happy to prepare us something special. If you have special dietary needs, speak up when you arrive or before your arrival. They will take care of you and I wish I had known that in the beginning. KD the restaurant manager was also very professional and a pleasure to speak with. ALL restaurant staff were top knotch to be honest and many knew our first names which is a nice detail. The wine list was great and we enjoyed not having to worry about a bill at the end of our stay.

The beach and snorkeling: The reef off the beach is not special but we were here to relax so it wasn't a huge let down. If you are there to snorkel, you will be disappointed. The beach for such a tiny island is HUGE and we loved grabbing a spot on the beach each morning. There was always a place to lay down our towels for our daily agenda of reading/snoozîng/swimming. There is also a boat house that houses cold drinks, extra towels, snorkel gear and kayaks/paddle boats.

Spa: Expensive but worth it. I had the best mani/pedi in the world and fell asleep during it. I have never been so relaxed getting my nails cut, filed and polished. The facility is beautiful and the staff very good at what they do.

Service: Spectacular and probably what I will remember most about this island

I was very satisfied with my stay and if you can forego good snorkeling off the beach, you will not regret choosing Constance Moofushi.

Room Tip: Senior Water Villas on the even side were my favorite

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!