We just returned from our honeymoon here, and I cannot recommend this place enough. We stayed in the Escape Water Residences, with a reef lagoon just at our doorstep. It was amazing. I could go on mooning over this place forever but I'll get to business and point out the facts
- Beach with white sand, absolutely breathtaking. Island and surrounding area is completely clean, guests are encouraged to play a role in protecting the environment and so do the staff. My entire stay there and I barely witnessed any litter anywhere.
- Meals are amazing. I'm an asian with a taste for flavourful food, and the food served on this island is heaven. There were variations of all cuisines at the buffet dinner. We stayed there for 7 nights, and never saw any of the buffet dishes repeated. Dessert is another story altogether. A line of various desserts were lined up, all of them amazing. Not to mention home made ice creams and sorbets. For seafood lovers, would recommend having one seafood bbq dinner. Not the cheapest, but you'll see why - variety is great.
- Would recommend going full-board on meals, it's worth it and will certainly work out cheaper than buying individual meals.
- Staff are extremely helpful, efficient and everyone speaks good english so language isn't a barrier
- We took the Ultimate Sea Experience which involved a Dhoni ride for an hour witnessing the sunset. This was beautiful, however I got a bit seasick and so did my husband after a while. So a watchout for those of you who get nauseous.
- Had a spa session which was great. Would recommend it. You can also use the jacuzzi and spa facilities which looks out to the ocean.
- Bring an underwater camera if you have one. You can find disposable ones in the hotel for USD30, but always nicer if you had your own digital version :)
All in all, it was a honeymoon beyond any dream for us, and it could be for you too - though prepare to splash a little extra cash, if you want an experience to remember for life. Hope this review helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated only 40 minutes by speed boat from Male, Coco Bodu Hithi is an island paradise in an enchanting setting, where contemporary creature comforts blend stylishly with Maldivian themes. On this idyllic island, surrounded by turquoise waters and ringed by white sandy beaches and coconut palms, guests are spoilt for choice with 100 stylish villas, all with private pools, a diverse selection of premium dining options, a Coco Spa, extensive land and water-sport activities, as well as a portfolio of memorable 'Uniquely Coco' experiences. The 44 Island Villas nestle within and around the island's lush vegetation, while the 16 Water Villas and 16 Escape Water Villas are reached via a wooden walkway and are poised over the turquoise lagoon. The 24 Escape Water Residences are the highest category of villas available and are utterly secluded and exclusive, set far out from the main island in their own cluster, with direct access to the resort's premium restaurant, Stars. The luxurious Coco Spa provides ultimate indulgence, pampering and relaxation - set over the water with fabulous Indian Ocean views, this is a true haven of tranquility, reflective of its Maldivian surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Coco Bodu Hithi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Palm Bodu Hithi Hotel North Male Atoll