“Great...nice...fabulous...heaven no words can be used to describe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocoa Island by COMO

You added Cocoa Island by COMO to your Saves list
Cocoa Island by COMO
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cocoa Island, Makunufushi   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
“Great...nice...fabulous...heaven no words can be used to describe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Many thanks to my wife, she arranged this family trip. We just finished this trip no... i should call it life journey yesterday.

Nice staff
Thanks to Chef Sam who prepared for us the special foods, cake and baby foods. No more words for great service and fantastic foods.

Fabulous and amazing views
Best out of best
Laying at ur balcony or jump to the sea, do whatever u like.

From Liang and family

Stayed October 2013
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Lin M
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our hotel. I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed all the wonderful things Cocoa Island has to offer!

I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you and your family can hold dearly to and I thank you for your support of Cocoa Island.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Best Regards

Laurent Sola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

WARNING - This will make you forever compare other hotels and resorts to this. I recently went to Boracay in the Philippines and caught myself saying "it was nice but it wasn't Maldives nice"!!!

This has got to be one of the ultimate hotels to stay at. I spent 5 nights in May with a friend and it was a beautiful and relaxing trip. The views are amazing as is the scuba diving and snorkeling.
It wasn't a cheap trip but from the moment you step off the boat you understand why it's priced the way it is and how it's worth it. I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear James695
“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como this year!

Encore Merci!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love EVERYTHING about Coca Island by COMO - the total privacy and the simple, understated, yet luxurious feel it offers. We stayed in the Loft Villa for 5 nights and, luck us, there was no rains at all during our stay. The island itself was beyond wonderful...and it was only half an hour away on speedboat from the Male airport! The Loft, set over-water, had a great deck with stairs that went straight into the crystal clear water.. this was where spent most of our days lazing around and swimming. We also saw some turtles, rays, lion fish and reef sharks just from the walkways between our villa and the island! The beach around the island was wonderful, clean white sand everywhere and the oh-so-amazing sand bank.. The food was also delightful. Enough variety (all delicious, especially the pastas on dinner menu) that you wouldn't get bored eating here for weeks (a major factor for us for choosing this resort) And where else could you find the restaurant staff giving you diving tips?! Dive shop was well equipped and had knowledgeable staff. Most of all, we would like to thank Mr.Sola and all of his staff that made our stay very comfortable and special with their perfect 5-star, discreet service. We will definitely be back for more!

Room Tip: All rooms are over-water
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear upsofast
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
“Merci” for the kind words. It has been a real pleasure to have you with us and I am extremely happy to read your review today.
My team and I remain at your service at anytime and we all look forward to having you back on our magical island very soon!
A très bientôt
Laurent
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you think cocoa island looks like paradise on the website, then you would be correct; however, no pictures can quite capture the beauty of the place - seeing is believing.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to visit cocoa islands then you are in for a real treat.

We stayed in a loft villa for 4 nights and the experience from start to finish of our short stay was amazing.

The villa was first class, with private terrace panoramic views of the ocean, it was of excellent build and finish quality, and had direct access to the sea for a swim before breakfast.

The food was excellent and they change the menu on a daily basis - the chef is extremely talented and the service from the staff was of the highest order - we put in a few requests 'off menu' and they were happy to oblige. (note: there is only one restaurant on the island, so this is the source of all your meals).

The additional services were also run with professionalism and to a high standard - we particularly enjoyed our catamaran trip and guided snorkelling.

On the money front; you get what you pay for - you get one of the most exclusive and heavenly places on earth. you pay for this privilege. For example, the restaurant is no different to a Michelin star restaurant in a major city.

Cocoa island is the type of place where you forget all of life's problems, a place to relax and de-stress - don't pack anything stuffy or formal!!!

A 'watch-out' for anyone booking through a travel agent or booking site - before booking i wasn't informed that there would be a speedboat transfer fee of $250 per person to get to and from the island - with hindsight, i'm not totally sure how i thought i was going to get to an island in the middle of the indian ocean... but it would have been nice to know this upfront.

I really can't think of anything negative to say - I had an amazing time and would certainly return, and have been checking my calendar on my first day back to see when this is at all possible. We just loved it.

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing; however, i felt the extra for the loft villa was definitely worth it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Neil S
Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us and for registering especially for us!!. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

I am also pleased you have enjoyed our various food and beverage offers as well as your catamaran trip and the snorkeling..

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence. Thank you again for your patronage.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

By any measure, an amazing place. The island itself is small, making you feel like it's your own personal island - you can literally walk around it in 10 minutes. Despite its size, it exudes privacy all the way. You never feel that you are bumping into too many people. The villas are spacious and excellent, with practically every creature comfort you need accounted for. Extra points for the huge toilet with tub and the lovely outdoor shower area. And of course, nothing beats having the sea as your viewing deck.

The food while expensive was consistently great. I particularly enjoyed a grilled whole lobster for dinner and a flavorful chicken curry for lunch. The breakfast juices we're also a highlight.

You come to these sorts of places for the natural attractions. Happy to report that the island delivers in a big way. Amazing colors in the water, sandbars, great sand and fantastic views and sunsets.

Overall, this has to be one of my best experiences ever. Will definitely be back for more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear GinoBee

“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

Encore Merci!

Quito
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights on Cocoa Island. Cheap, it is not. Worth every penny, it certainly is. If you want to be pampered, this is the place. 160 staff look after a norm of 55 guests. This rises to 70 during Eid (when we were there) to 80 over the Christmas period. The extensive menu changes every day. The bar has a but one get one free deal on cocktails from 5pm till 6pm each evening. Wonderful spacious accommodation. White sands and turquoise sea - real picture postcard stuff

Dear AlanDHudson

Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay with us!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A small stunning paradise that as a honeymooning couple we found to be both perfect and would be happy to return again if we can afford to. From the plentiful marine life to the excellent food it all impressed. Small niggles include: accommodation is a bit close together and that impacts on the privacy when stepping out onto your terrace area (also a disorientated snorkeler tried thought our place was his and tried to get in!). The design of the bathroom sinks left on our loft villa left no under space so you banged your knees each time you used the sink. And agree with the other reviewer you often get served a top priced Evian water at dinner without being made aware of the own brand version or better still, don't charge for water if the Coco bottled water is free in your room. Lastly, the coffee was always bitter and unfitting for the high quality of everything else. The in room nespresso machine will save you though!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sy101
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback and also wanted to apologize for failing to meet your expectations in some areas.
We will be reviewing the positioning of the sink in your room to enable permanent easy usage. I took good note of your comment concerning the water service sequences in our restaurant and will be looking at alternatives accordingly.
Please accept our apology if the coffee served in the restaurant wasn’t to your liking and I will be please to have your favorite brand available for your next visit to Cocoa.

We constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

Thank you again for your patronage.

I remain at your service anytime and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Laurent Sola

Been to Cocoa Island by COMO? Share your experiences!