“I registered with tripadvisor to give them 5 stars...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 7 Nights, Pay for 6
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
Epsom, United Kingdom
“I registered with tripadvisor to give them 5 stars...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you think cocoa island looks like paradise on the website, then you would be correct; however, no pictures can quite capture the beauty of the place - seeing is believing.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to visit cocoa islands then you are in for a real treat.

We stayed in a loft villa for 4 nights and the experience from start to finish of our short stay was amazing.

The villa was first class, with private terrace panoramic views of the ocean, it was of excellent build and finish quality, and had direct access to the sea for a swim before breakfast.

The food was excellent and they change the menu on a daily basis - the chef is extremely talented and the service from the staff was of the highest order - we put in a few requests 'off menu' and they were happy to oblige. (note: there is only one restaurant on the island, so this is the source of all your meals).

The additional services were also run with professionalism and to a high standard - we particularly enjoyed our catamaran trip and guided snorkelling.

On the money front; you get what you pay for - you get one of the most exclusive and heavenly places on earth. you pay for this privilege. For example, the restaurant is no different to a Michelin star restaurant in a major city.

Cocoa island is the type of place where you forget all of life's problems, a place to relax and de-stress - don't pack anything stuffy or formal!!!

A 'watch-out' for anyone booking through a travel agent or booking site - before booking i wasn't informed that there would be a speedboat transfer fee of $250 per person to get to and from the island - with hindsight, i'm not totally sure how i thought i was going to get to an island in the middle of the indian ocean... but it would have been nice to know this upfront.

I really can't think of anything negative to say - I had an amazing time and would certainly return, and have been checking my calendar on my first day back to see when this is at all possible. We just loved it.

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing; however, i felt the extra for the loft villa was definitely worth it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Neil S
Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us and for registering especially for us!!. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

I am also pleased you have enjoyed our various food and beverage offers as well as your catamaran trip and the snorkeling..

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence. Thank you again for your patronage.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Laurent Sola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

By any measure, an amazing place. The island itself is small, making you feel like it's your own personal island - you can literally walk around it in 10 minutes. Despite its size, it exudes privacy all the way. You never feel that you are bumping into too many people. The villas are spacious and excellent, with practically every creature comfort you need accounted for. Extra points for the huge toilet with tub and the lovely outdoor shower area. And of course, nothing beats having the sea as your viewing deck.

The food while expensive was consistently great. I particularly enjoyed a grilled whole lobster for dinner and a flavorful chicken curry for lunch. The breakfast juices we're also a highlight.

You come to these sorts of places for the natural attractions. Happy to report that the island delivers in a big way. Amazing colors in the water, sandbars, great sand and fantastic views and sunsets.

Overall, this has to be one of my best experiences ever. Will definitely be back for more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear GinoBee

“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como this year!

Encore Merci!

Quito
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights on Cocoa Island. Cheap, it is not. Worth every penny, it certainly is. If you want to be pampered, this is the place. 160 staff look after a norm of 55 guests. This rises to 70 during Eid (when we were there) to 80 over the Christmas period. The extensive menu changes every day. The bar has a but one get one free deal on cocktails from 5pm till 6pm each evening. Wonderful spacious accommodation. White sands and turquoise sea - real picture postcard stuff

Dear AlanDHudson

Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay with us!

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A small stunning paradise that as a honeymooning couple we found to be both perfect and would be happy to return again if we can afford to. From the plentiful marine life to the excellent food it all impressed. Small niggles include: accommodation is a bit close together and that impacts on the privacy when stepping out onto your terrace area (also a disorientated snorkeler tried thought our place was his and tried to get in!). The design of the bathroom sinks left on our loft villa left no under space so you banged your knees each time you used the sink. And agree with the other reviewer you often get served a top priced Evian water at dinner without being made aware of the own brand version or better still, don't charge for water if the Coco bottled water is free in your room. Lastly, the coffee was always bitter and unfitting for the high quality of everything else. The in room nespresso machine will save you though!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sy101
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback and also wanted to apologize for failing to meet your expectations in some areas.
We will be reviewing the positioning of the sink in your room to enable permanent easy usage. I took good note of your comment concerning the water service sequences in our restaurant and will be looking at alternatives accordingly.
Please accept our apology if the coffee served in the restaurant wasn’t to your liking and I will be please to have your favorite brand available for your next visit to Cocoa.

We constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

Thank you again for your patronage.

I remain at your service anytime and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is just an incredible place to relax and forget all the stress accumulated year-round. I never felt so relaxed.

From the moment we were greeted at the airport by the Cocoa staff and we stepped into the boat, we knew we were going to have a great stay.

Our room was perfect. We opted for a one bedroom villa (1001) and didn't regret our choice. The room looks so much better in real than in pictures. We were a little afraid about the style of the bathroom but actually it was simply perfect!
This was exactly the kind of room we were looking for as we didn't want to stay in one of the "bling-bling resort".

I have to say a special thanks to our housekeeper. It's so hard to keep a room spotless clean in a beach resort but he really did an amazing job.

The lagoon is certainly one of the most beautiful in Maldives. Perfect blue colours. We also saw a lot of fish and rays (including eagle rays) but we cannot compare with other resorts as it was our first trip in Maldives.

As other reviewers noticed, the food is particularly good. We were only disappointed with the Indian thali dinner as we found it quite bland but were very impressed with the Thai dinner and the quality of sushi. The breakfast was also top notch. The food manager was present and friendly.

Special mention to the spa. We were really happy to rediscover the Como Shambhala products after our stay in Bali. The treatments were perfect.

So why only 4?
Maybe we are difficult travellers but there were some imperfections :
- The first reason is unfortunately a matter of location and isn’t Cocoa’s fault. We were aware that the resort is surrounded by others islands but we didn’t realize that these islands were so close. There’s not only the prison that is awfully illuminated at night but there are also two islands on the other side ( a resort and a local island). Unfortunately, our terrace faced directly these two islands. This definitely spoils a part of the Robinson Crusoe feeling.
- The service was great but not always perfect. For example, a beach service was provided near the pool but it was another matter on the other part of the island where you can find the best beach. The towels were never replaced and nobody came to be sure that we had something to drink. Bringing automatically the most expensive water at the table isn’t very judicious either. Also, we found some members of the staff not particularly friendly but maybe this is because we did first a two week trip in Sri Lanka where the people are sooo nice. We would like anyway to thanks our butler Jaya, Netra in spa and the barman for the wonderful service they provided.
- Finally, the "basic rooms" don’t look so great for Maldives ( small, simple terrace and bathroom). Go for a loft villa or a one bedroom villa if you can.

If I could, I would give 4.5. This judgement might sound difficult as the resort is wonderful but we thought that, given the price, there’s still room for improvement.

Anyway, we had a great, relaxing week and can’t wait to discover the new Maalifushi by Como !

Room Tip: Number 1003 is certainly the best one bedroom villa
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Georges_AS
Greetings from Cocoa!
Thank you for taking the time and initiative to provide me with an account of your recent stay at Cocoa Island by Como.

Undeniably, it is our greatest desire to keep Cocoa Island as the choice resort in Maldives, hence the feedback and suggestions which you have provided, brought attention to the areas which we may have overlooked. I will be reviewing them with my team on how we could improve.

I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you can hold dearly to and I thank you for your support of Cocoa Island.

Best Regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were here on our honeymoon 2 years ago so rather than write no review at all I thought I would do a quick one. Quite simply this is the greatest place we have ever been and still talk about it years later. We really struggle to find a flaw but if I had to give constructive criticism maybe they shouldn't charge for water at dinner when its free in your room but thats only a little thing.

Do yourself a favor and book a trip. Food perfect, snorkeling perfect, scenery perfect and staff perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear dkennedy1001
I hope this finds you well!

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback.

We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

Thank you again for your patronage.

Tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed 8 days (from 15 till 23 /9 ) two adults and one 7 years old child in Cocoa Island resort, choosing this resort took a lot of work to say the least, as all of the resorts at this price range look amazing on the websites and promise the perfect Maldivian luxurious experience. Cocoa Island was a perfect choice. It has a cozy feeling of a luxury boutique hotel. Excellent service, luxurious accommodation and great food. We liked so much the relaxed atmosphere of the resort running around barefoot, experiencing the genuine spirit of the Maldives, ( no dress code and no formality ) and though Cocoa is a tiny island, throughout our stay most of the time, we felt as we were the only guests on the island. We stayed 5 days in Loft Villa and 3 days in Como Villa. Loft Villas are understated yet luxurious, perfect in size for a family. Villa's eco - chic design blends well into the beauty of the surrounding lagoon, private sundeck with its own steps leading to the water teaming with rich marine life, reef sharks were swimming at our doorsteps, Each morning began with snorkeling at house reef.
Como Villa is like having your own house in paradise , private and tranquil, ideal for large family .
The staff was genuinely nice and friendly, on our second day it felt like home away from home. General Manager Laurent did his best efforts to make our stay in this resort unforgettable. Food is excellent in quality, taste and presentation. Amazing Breakfast, wide selection of dishes from a la carte menu (eggs benedict, eggs royal, rice and chicken dumplings soup etc.) & fruit and pastries buffet. Excellent children menu. Well managed diving center, with good well maintained diving & snorkeling equipment. Sensational diving sites around the resorts, spotted Manta –rays, sea turtles, morena eels and many more marine life.
This is the most perfect place for people who come to enjoy peace and tranquility in the most beautiful surrounding, perfect for a honeymoon, romantic getaway or for people who want to decompress and let go of work and real life. We spend our time swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing, and yet the time flew by. We brought 3 books each, read none. On a second day we achieved kind of relaxation "dolce far niente" doing nothing and enjoying it. Everything said by other reviewers and described on the resort's website is accurate. All the reviewers using superlatives to describe this place because in this place superlatives simply are reality.
Many Thanks the General Manager Laurent and his wonderful team for this great vacation.
Ella, Lena and Jonathan

Room Tip: as this resort has no kids club or special childern activity parents should exercise judgment when b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Ellaw9663
Bonjour from Cocoa!
I hope this finds you, Lena and Jonathan in good spirit and health.
I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just shared with us. It has been a real pleasure to welcoming you and your family on our beautiful island recently.
The Como Villa is indeed the perfect venue for a family vacation and I am glad you have enjoyed all it has to offers!
I truly wish we will all have the chance of welcoming you back here very soon for some more diving adventures and culinary extravaganzas!
Thanking you one more time for your kind words and patronage, yours sincerely, Laurent.

Laurent Sola

Been to Cocoa Island by COMO? Share your experiences!