“The only word is paradise.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 4 Nights, Pay 3
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“The only word is paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A small stunning paradise that as a honeymooning couple we found to be both perfect and would be happy to return again if we can afford to. From the plentiful marine life to the excellent food it all impressed. Small niggles include: accommodation is a bit close together and that impacts on the privacy when stepping out onto your terrace area (also a disorientated snorkeler tried thought our place was his and tried to get in!). The design of the bathroom sinks left on our loft villa left no under space so you banged your knees each time you used the sink. And agree with the other reviewer you often get served a top priced Evian water at dinner without being made aware of the own brand version or better still, don't charge for water if the Coco bottled water is free in your room. Lastly, the coffee was always bitter and unfitting for the high quality of everything else. The in room nespresso machine will save you though!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sy101
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback and also wanted to apologize for failing to meet your expectations in some areas.
We will be reviewing the positioning of the sink in your room to enable permanent easy usage. I took good note of your comment concerning the water service sequences in our restaurant and will be looking at alternatives accordingly.
Please accept our apology if the coffee served in the restaurant wasn’t to your liking and I will be please to have your favorite brand available for your next visit to Cocoa.

We constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

Thank you again for your patronage.

I remain at your service anytime and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Laurent Sola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is just an incredible place to relax and forget all the stress accumulated year-round. I never felt so relaxed.

From the moment we were greeted at the airport by the Cocoa staff and we stepped into the boat, we knew we were going to have a great stay.

Our room was perfect. We opted for a one bedroom villa (1001) and didn't regret our choice. The room looks so much better in real than in pictures. We were a little afraid about the style of the bathroom but actually it was simply perfect!
This was exactly the kind of room we were looking for as we didn't want to stay in one of the "bling-bling resort".

I have to say a special thanks to our housekeeper. It's so hard to keep a room spotless clean in a beach resort but he really did an amazing job.

The lagoon is certainly one of the most beautiful in Maldives. Perfect blue colours. We also saw a lot of fish and rays (including eagle rays) but we cannot compare with other resorts as it was our first trip in Maldives.

As other reviewers noticed, the food is particularly good. We were only disappointed with the Indian thali dinner as we found it quite bland but were very impressed with the Thai dinner and the quality of sushi. The breakfast was also top notch. The food manager was present and friendly.

Special mention to the spa. We were really happy to rediscover the Como Shambhala products after our stay in Bali. The treatments were perfect.

So why only 4?
Maybe we are difficult travellers but there were some imperfections :
- The first reason is unfortunately a matter of location and isn’t Cocoa’s fault. We were aware that the resort is surrounded by others islands but we didn’t realize that these islands were so close. There’s not only the prison that is awfully illuminated at night but there are also two islands on the other side ( a resort and a local island). Unfortunately, our terrace faced directly these two islands. This definitely spoils a part of the Robinson Crusoe feeling.
- The service was great but not always perfect. For example, a beach service was provided near the pool but it was another matter on the other part of the island where you can find the best beach. The towels were never replaced and nobody came to be sure that we had something to drink. Bringing automatically the most expensive water at the table isn’t very judicious either. Also, we found some members of the staff not particularly friendly but maybe this is because we did first a two week trip in Sri Lanka where the people are sooo nice. We would like anyway to thanks our butler Jaya, Netra in spa and the barman for the wonderful service they provided.
- Finally, the "basic rooms" don’t look so great for Maldives ( small, simple terrace and bathroom). Go for a loft villa or a one bedroom villa if you can.

If I could, I would give 4.5. This judgement might sound difficult as the resort is wonderful but we thought that, given the price, there’s still room for improvement.

Anyway, we had a great, relaxing week and can’t wait to discover the new Maalifushi by Como !

Room Tip: Number 1003 is certainly the best one bedroom villa
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Georges_AS
Greetings from Cocoa!
Thank you for taking the time and initiative to provide me with an account of your recent stay at Cocoa Island by Como.

Undeniably, it is our greatest desire to keep Cocoa Island as the choice resort in Maldives, hence the feedback and suggestions which you have provided, brought attention to the areas which we may have overlooked. I will be reviewing them with my team on how we could improve.

I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you can hold dearly to and I thank you for your support of Cocoa Island.

Best Regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were here on our honeymoon 2 years ago so rather than write no review at all I thought I would do a quick one. Quite simply this is the greatest place we have ever been and still talk about it years later. We really struggle to find a flaw but if I had to give constructive criticism maybe they shouldn't charge for water at dinner when its free in your room but thats only a little thing.

Do yourself a favor and book a trip. Food perfect, snorkeling perfect, scenery perfect and staff perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear dkennedy1001
I hope this finds you well!

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback.

We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

Thank you again for your patronage.

Tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed 8 days (from 15 till 23 /9 ) two adults and one 7 years old child in Cocoa Island resort, choosing this resort took a lot of work to say the least, as all of the resorts at this price range look amazing on the websites and promise the perfect Maldivian luxurious experience. Cocoa Island was a perfect choice. It has a cozy feeling of a luxury boutique hotel. Excellent service, luxurious accommodation and great food. We liked so much the relaxed atmosphere of the resort running around barefoot, experiencing the genuine spirit of the Maldives, ( no dress code and no formality ) and though Cocoa is a tiny island, throughout our stay most of the time, we felt as we were the only guests on the island. We stayed 5 days in Loft Villa and 3 days in Como Villa. Loft Villas are understated yet luxurious, perfect in size for a family. Villa's eco - chic design blends well into the beauty of the surrounding lagoon, private sundeck with its own steps leading to the water teaming with rich marine life, reef sharks were swimming at our doorsteps, Each morning began with snorkeling at house reef.
Como Villa is like having your own house in paradise , private and tranquil, ideal for large family .
The staff was genuinely nice and friendly, on our second day it felt like home away from home. General Manager Laurent did his best efforts to make our stay in this resort unforgettable. Food is excellent in quality, taste and presentation. Amazing Breakfast, wide selection of dishes from a la carte menu (eggs benedict, eggs royal, rice and chicken dumplings soup etc.) & fruit and pastries buffet. Excellent children menu. Well managed diving center, with good well maintained diving & snorkeling equipment. Sensational diving sites around the resorts, spotted Manta –rays, sea turtles, morena eels and many more marine life.
This is the most perfect place for people who come to enjoy peace and tranquility in the most beautiful surrounding, perfect for a honeymoon, romantic getaway or for people who want to decompress and let go of work and real life. We spend our time swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing, and yet the time flew by. We brought 3 books each, read none. On a second day we achieved kind of relaxation "dolce far niente" doing nothing and enjoying it. Everything said by other reviewers and described on the resort's website is accurate. All the reviewers using superlatives to describe this place because in this place superlatives simply are reality.
Many Thanks the General Manager Laurent and his wonderful team for this great vacation.
Ella, Lena and Jonathan

Room Tip: as this resort has no kids club or special childern activity parents should exercise judgment when b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Ellaw9663
Bonjour from Cocoa!
I hope this finds you, Lena and Jonathan in good spirit and health.
I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just shared with us. It has been a real pleasure to welcoming you and your family on our beautiful island recently.
The Como Villa is indeed the perfect venue for a family vacation and I am glad you have enjoyed all it has to offers!
I truly wish we will all have the chance of welcoming you back here very soon for some more diving adventures and culinary extravaganzas!
Thanking you one more time for your kind words and patronage, yours sincerely, Laurent.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We came here two years ago and thought the resort as simply stunning and so making a decision to return was not difficult. This time we came back for 9 nights and I am completing this review after seven. It is hard to find the words that capture just how special the resort and it's staff are. Even when all the 30 or so over water villas are occupied, there is such a feeling of tranquility. This really is just as you would imagine paradise. Since we have been here, just from our room, we have seen turtles, sharks and stingrays, all swimming past our deck. We have also seen many other fish including a big Moray Eel, even without even putting on our snorkelling equipment.
I could tell you many reasons to visit over and above the location, the staff and the food and I will focus on just two

Firstly, we have been fascinated to hear about how the staff on the island have worked to save and sustain the life of a Heron that broke (and then had amputated) one of its legs. We used to watch this Heron catching fish the last time we were here, since when it fell off a roof and broke its leg. The staff removed the broken bone, bandaged the wound and fed it ibuprofen. Since then, it has been unable to catch fish and so they feed it both breakfast and dinner. It's a lovely story and shows real humanity and love for nature.
I also want to mention that if you have one of the one bed Villas, you get the service of your own Butler. We had Razeem and he has made our holiday. He continually anticipated our needs and sought to delight us (and we are not easily pleased). If you are staying in one of the four, one bed villas, I would recommend requesting Razeem to be your butler.... He has made a special holiday ( to celebrate my wife's significant! Birthday) really very special.

Whilst writing, I also have to mention Chris the Restaurant Manager who would always take the time and trouble to chat to us as well as Laurent (the GM) who made us feel very special the whole time we were here.

If it wasn't for the fact that our holiday plans for 2014 are already booked we would be back next year, as it is, we will have something to look forward to in 2015.

Room Tip: The 4 one beds Villas are truly special but think 1003 is the best as has great views, and is fantas...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Pritchp
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am ever so pleased you are currently enjoying your holidays with us!
I am happy to say that our Heron is getting better by the day and as you have mentioned, it is only because of our team’s effort in bringing him back to life.

Your comments on our butler Razeem are wonderful and he is indeed a very important player in our team. I am thrilled to hear Razeem’s services during this very special holidays have contributed to some fond memories that you will hold dearly for the coming years.

Chris, Gustini and I remain at your service and wish you a wonderful time with us for the remaining of your vacation on our beautiful island.

Encore merci
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

All the reviews are right, Cocoa Island is an amazing place and the service is seamless and flawless!

We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 8 days and there wasn't a single thing that we would have changed! The food was awesome, definitely of a michelin standard, and having sampled a number of wines and cocktails there I can say that they were also great!

The hot stone massage that I had was one of the best massages that I have ever had and I would highly recommend it.

I don't want to repeat everything that has already been said by others- it has to be seen and experienced to be believed!

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas are fantastic!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Jaimini82
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

I am also pleased you have enjoyed our various food and beverage offers as well as the tranquility of our beautiful island. Thank you again for your patronage.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having just returned from a week at Cocoa Island to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and a very significant birthday for my wife, we can honestly say that this is officially our favourite holiday place, on the planet.
Sensational location; friendly, kind and conscientious staff for whom nothing was too much trouble, from Laurent, the General Manager, all the way through to the housekeeping team; seriously good food; fabulous facilities; well-equipped rooms; beautifully kept beaches, swimming pool, gym, hydrotherapy pool.
This is an extremely well run establishment, owned and managed by people who really know what they are doing. Bravo!
We will be back........
C & J - London

Room Tip: All rooms have terraces that are south facing so they get the sun. Would recommend Dhoni suites for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Charles H
Bonjour from Cocoa!

I hope you had a safe journey back home. I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and surely hope you will be back soon on our side of the globe!

We are indeed very privileged to have been part of this wonderful occasion and will be ready to celebrate your many wedding anniversaries to come!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
4.5 of 5 stars 1,084 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Emboodhu Finolhu
5.0 of 5 stars 844 reviews
Anantara Veli Resort & Spa

Been to Cocoa Island by COMO? Share your experiences!