If you are looking for the following, then this is a place you MUST NOT miss:
- an exclusive boutique resort where there is only one resort on the whole island and there are only 33 water villas on the whole island
- perfect temperature, perfect sand, perfect sea, perfect shades of turquoise and blue, perfect wave
- Fantastic selection of food from Italian to French to Indian to fresh seafood to nasi goring despite only 1 restaurant on the resort
- Snorkeling : Beautiful coral reefs and millions of beautiful fishes surrounding the island and it's just a short swim from the deck of your water villa
- you are addressed by your last name by almost every staff including the GM Laurent Sola himself and your needs anticipated and any tiniest of less than perfect service corrected with a special gesture
- postcard perfect view everywhere you look, at anytime of the day, nature at its best - nothing pretentious here (and the pictures you see on the website is nothing compared to the real thing!)
- Not seeing many other people throughout your stay and feel like you own the island
- Really superb massage (I had deep tissue massage)
The list goes on...
We stayed for 5 days and we wish we were there for 5 months. Do not miss the deep sea fishing trip, it is really worth the money and time. Even if you are not a big fishing person, the ride out into the sea in a lovely boat (where you can relax and enjoy the sea breeze and view on the roof) is worth the time and money. You get to keep one fish each and they cook the fish the next day for your lunch the way you want it cooked. We caught lots and the biggest fish was a brown marble Garoupa weighing around 3.5kg!
Not forgetting the glass bottom kayaking...
We went mid of July and it was supposed to be rainy season but we only had 1 proper rain for about 3 hours.
We had our 10 year old with us and we stayed in the loft water villa and it is perfect as the day bed downstairs served as our son's bed at night. The bedroom is on the second floor and you still get to see the sea from up there on the bed thanks to the 'loft' design.
We would not think twice to head back here. A big thank you to Laurent and his entire team for making our stay a very special and memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocoa Island by COMO is a private island in the Maldives and offers measured simplicity in its design. Wrapped in white sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters, Cocoa Island is in close proximity to some of the best dive sites in the world. The tranquil setting is enhanced by the understated elegance of Cocoa Island’s 27 rooms, which resemble local dhoni fishing boats and feature direct access to the shallow lagoon. Ufaa, the resort’s restaurant, serves fresh local produce and seafood cooked in the Keralan style, while Faru bar overlooks the pristine infinity-edge pool. Cocoa Island’s spa, COMO Shambhala Retreat, offers rebalancing treatments, including Ayurveda, reflexology and a range of recuperative massages and facials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Cocoa Island by COMO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocoa Island Hotel South Male Atoll
- Cocoa Island Maldives
- Hotel Cocoa Island