“Exceeds expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cocoa Island
Kent
“Exceeds expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The best run hotel I have ever stayed in, and the location is superb. Friendly staff, ridiculously good food, first rate spa and hydro pool, and wonderful natural surroundings.
Choose an inclusive meal plan and you won't regret it.

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas are more expensive but they are larger and more secluded.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear iain1948

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kiev
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came here for honeymoon trip, it was best hotel all. island so beautiful very clear beach room was very wonderful . the staff is really good, always smile. we had a great time.we come with friends back to hotel and maldives next year. thank you

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Gespr84

Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that you had a safe and relaxing trip back home.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My Mother and I visited Cocoa Island in October 2012 as one component of a trip around the world and we loved it. The snorkeling, service, and cooking were unparalleled and we have already planned a trip to return in July 2013. We recommend Cocoa Island unequivocally.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Calif0rnia007

Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
Thanks a million for your wonderful review. I am ever so pleased to read all your very positive comments.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island this year!

Warm regards

milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in Cocoa for the third time and, as always, it was a wonderful experience!
the island is fantastic, with a clear and warm sea and the best lagoon in Maldives.
The room also is very nice and the staff professional and helpful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear vale68Milan

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a wonderful 10 days on Cocoa Island just before Christmas. Having stayed at Baros and having pored over Trip Adviser and the island's website in advance, we went with very high expectations - Cocoa Island didn't just meet those expectations but exceeded them. The staff are all excellent and go out of their way to help you make the most of your stay. We'd particularly like to thank Ahmed who arranged some medication for my husband who'd unfortunately left one of his regular tablets at home; a supply of tablets was sourced in less than 24 hours and for free. We also appreciated the way that Laurent, the manager, made a point of introducing himself on our first night, checking that we were okay throughout our stay, and also chatting to us on our last night. In addition to everything that other reviwers have noted, what really stood out for us was the food. From the dosas at breakfast, to the sushi and satay at lunch, through to the varied evening meals every aspect of the food was superb. We'd very much recomment the Thali and Thai nights - food at the latter is equivalent to the the Michelin-starred Nahm restaurant in London (also part of the Como group). We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear ALWM20

Greetings and Happy New Year from sunny Cocoa!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Your praise and recognitions goes a long way and our team is thrilled to hear such postive feedbacks.
I am ever so glad you have enjoyed everything our beautiful island has to offer and particularly Tim’s cooking!
I surely hope I will have the chance to welcoming you back on Cocoa this year and remain at your disposal anytime until then.

Warm regards

Harrogate UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This resort is consistently rated the best in the Maldives and for good reason. It is understated luxury without any of the excesses some other resorts may have. There are no gold plated bath taps, C list celebrities, not than one would recognise them, or Premiership footballers and their families.

I first visited the Maldives 25 years ago when hot or fresh water for washing was unknown but they were perfect.
Things have changed multi nationals have moved in mass market tourism from Europe, China and Russia has arrived, but some islands still retain the essence of what the Maldives was. This is the best.

The Positives:
It is small,
It does not have an underwater or any nightclub,
The diving and the enthusiasm and commitment of the dive professionals was exceptional, but they were over bureaucratic.
Food was out of this world, the chef who was Australian and young would be knocking at the door for a Michelin star if he was in London,
Apparently it has an amazing Spa, but I cannot talk From experience,
The price of the wine was not extortionate which is a bonus in the Maldives.

The negatives:
Some of the rooms were rather tired. No outside showers
The hotel manager waited until the last day to introduce himself, given the size of the hotel this was disappointing, compared to the food and beverage manager who was magnificent from the outset.
Really annoyingly I was shocked when we checked out to find that although we were there as a couple, when calculating the charges for our scuba diving which were in the region of £1000.00 we were treated as 2 individuals so as not to qualify for reduced rates for a larger number of dives. It was only about £60 but the principle still upsets me.

Comparisons
In recent years we have been to Laamu, Soneva Gilli (now renamed) and Sonevafushi. All were good but even with the faults I would opt for Cocoa every time

P

Room Tip: Go for More than a basic room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear MarkHilton
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

I hope this finds you well and enjoying a great start of the New Year.
Allow me to thank you for posting your comments which I have shared with our team.

I first of all would like to apologize for not having met you at the early stage of your vacations and I have taken good note of all your comments.
Our dive prices are individually based and are not transferable. Saying so, I am sorry for the inconvenience you may have faced upon check out as we could have shown a higher level of flexibility based on your repeat dives with us.
I surely hope this will have not mar too much your impression of our resort and surely look forward to welcoming you back on Cocoa Island very soon.

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Everything about Cocoa Island was perfect - extremely helpful and courteous staff, fantatsically appointed villas, great food and a perfect mix of relaxation and activities to suit your mood. One of the things that sets this place apart is that it has only 33 over-water rooms for the island, so you get just the right amount of seclusion and peace and quiet, not just in your room, but anywhere on the island. There is a lovely sand-bank which extends into the sea lending itself to delightful walks, and we never encountered anyone else there, we practically felt like the island had just us there even though they were completely full! The only time we met others was over meals. There is one restaurant only, but for a 7 day stay, we had no issues at all with food, despite my being a vegetarian. Plus the chef was happy to cook anything I asked for on different evenings. We didn't go on the full or half board though, we just wouldn't eat enough each meal (3 courses with large portions) to justify that, plus drinks aren't included so it didn't make sense. You can go snorkeling right from your own rooms, and the blue water and the white sand was picture perfect. There is yoga everyday for those interested, a great spa, a dvd library, a hydrotherapy pool and a fully equipped diving centre....Loved every minute of our stay!

Room Tip: The One-bedroom villa is superbly luxurious, I would choose it for a special occasion, but the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at Cocoa Island by COMO, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Katyayini

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

Laurent Sola

Been to Cocoa Island by COMO? Share your experiences!