“Not Worth to stay at Lagoon Suit” 1 of 5 stars

Club Med Kani
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 2051, 2051   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
“Not Worth to stay at Lagoon Suit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was staying at the Lagoon suit and check in on 11 Sep 2013. I noticed the GO are not well organised as when we arrived we was assigned to one GO and we have 4 others couples staying in the Suit and including us was 6 of us. I assumed there should be one GO goes with each couple but we was left out and the GO name was Alice serving another couples.

Few incidents that I can rated their services are bad and rooms are too old:

ROOM:

1. 11 sep 2013 we arrive, First day check in air conditioner leaking with water and follow with power failure and waited for 30mins.

2. Spoke to a manager during the day at Manta Lounge and realised that they already knew the room having the issues but they just temporary fixed it just because we need to check in so why are they still offering such room whereby having so many problems? And they can't move us to another room because they are fully book and sad thing the same night the power failure happen again.

3. We hang the " Privacy Please" but the housekeeping still knock your door to ask you if you want to have the housekeeping done which is ridiculous.

Services

1. On 14th sep 2pm, I went to the reception to ask for Kandu Restaurant menu however when he saw a new group of customers coming he asked me to wait but to served them first which I do not understand why should I been waiting instead since i am here and earlier than them whereby those are already served by someone and he told me he is the one and only receptionist so no choice have to get the keys over to them? I am really frustrated to waited him for 10mins which I really see no reasons and when I asked him (his name was Tammi or Tammy) the excuse given because he is the only person working.. goodness.. Club Med doesn't have enough manpower or he is just no manners even I approached him earlier? Not sure what kind of culture they have in this club.

2. On our last day 15th Sep, we was offer to use all facilities since our departure will be at 9.30pm and what we get to offer a public bathroom with no towels when we check and safety boxes are fully occupied.

3. When I was having shower, the housekeeper try to knock the door and put the new towels whereby I already told him someone is in the bathroom but he doesn't seems to understand and just came in, I was thinking what happen if I am naked? Guess this is no funny at all!!!

Food:

1. Food was bad and the Jack fish or Sail Fish they offers are a daily mass in cooking only different way of cooking, the ups are too salty and I stayed 5 days and only have one time seafood which is the prawn and you have to asked for it and like the rest of the foods which you take or eat as much as possible, kind like a control "item" by them so is not eat or you can!

2. No fresh juice provided except morning and they are limited, this doesn't seems to make sense when going to a resort they provide Yoga, fitness but not fresh Juices.

I believe if you can pay premium you will have more and better options and should be treated more privileges just like flying a first class you will like to be different from those flying economy class.

Even you are a lagoon suit guest all areas are public shared including the bathroom so i wonder if this is the right concept? They do not give any better arrangement aside the room cost you more than the deluxe room!

I will not recommended anyone to club med and will not even come again even is given free. Not worth of money and crap in service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
ahmedabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

There is only one word to describe this place - heavenly. The G.O. are great. SINGH was so friendly and helpful.
Everything from start to the end of the day was perfect. In every holiday, all we look forward to is an enjoyable time where everything goes as expected. Here, you do not have to worry. Everything was taken care off. My daughter refused to come back to the room. They had so much fun. They could not wait to start the day ...I highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants a peaceful and fun filled holiday. You will not be dissappointed. The team and their chief have put together a great holiday experience. We hope we can share as much as we can to all those who want a beautiful experience. Thank you club Med Kani and the GO'swho made our holiday memorable.
Special thanks to Chef Hans and John for serving us with specially cooked Indian fare.while leaving the place it felt like we were parting from some really close people ....And my daughter dint want to leave the place..Psst she's one Home Worm.
Good going... Miss u all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

A group of six of us stayed there for 5 days 4 nights. That equals to 5 days 4 nights of perfect holiday!

1. Lagoon suites and its Manta lounge are exclusive. And they are located at the best part of the lagoon. So, non-lagoon-suites guests are gonna pretty much miss the best part of it.

2. But the rest of Kani island and lagoon are pretty good too!

3. Restaurants are bars are perfect! Nice gourmet food from around the world.

4. Fantastic shows at 9:30 PM everyday, followed by other fun events or disco nights. Basically, we didn't get back to our rooms before midnight, for all 4 nights.

5. We didn't get a chance to have dinner at the Kandu (one of the two restaurants). Advance booking is necessary but sometimes it's fully booked. No problem for us though, the buffer dinner at the Velhi is good enough.

6. Excursions are relatively expensive. We went for the Blue Lagoon half-day tour. Snorkelling at 2 different spots and visiting a local village island to get some souvenirs. The snorkelling is very nice. We saw a turtle and a lot of fishes and corals.

7. This review would not be complete without a mention of the GO team. These guys are just fantastic. You like party? Sports? Singing? Photos? Dance? Whatever you like, the GO is always there to help you.

Singh (India): Thanks a lot for the "KANI" & "LOVE" photos! Nice memories!
Elaine (Brazil): All I remember is... she moves! Very energetic in dance!
Andy (Mauritius): What a performance! He is really good at what he does!
Kelvin (Hong Kong) and Teresa (Taiwan): Nice speaking to you guys!

Room Tip: Standard rooms and Beach Villa are basically along side by side, the main difference is the interior...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sandton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It is simply beautiful here. It has the best location/setting of any Club Med we have been to before. The rooms are nice and basically on the beach. Inside they are probably not as nice as for instance a deluxe room at Albion. The lagoon suites are nice and definitely as nice as the suites at Albion. Definitely try to stay in one of these for at least one night during your stay.
We had less seafood than I expected, and a lot more eastern food.
The sea life here is like nothing we have experienced anywhere else before. The snorkelling here is the best we have ever experienced. You will see turles, rays and sharks with almost every outing.
They try to get the party going at night, but I don't really think that's what this resort is about, and if that's what you are looking for, rather go to Bali or La Pointe.
All in all a very nice holiday

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful location, amazing staff. Lots of activities. We stayed for 3 weeks and loved every minute of it. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too difficult. The food was great, so much to choose from and variety every day.

• Stayed February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hi all,

We stayed at Club Med Kani in the last week of August. It's the tail end of the rainy season, but it was still the most beautiful place I've ever been to.The food was fantastic, the cocktails were flowing and the surroundings, I am in love with that place now.

The water is as clear as you see it in the photos on the net, the sand is as white and the GO's are great. I would like to mention some in particular:
Mahid - fantastic performance on the Saturday Michael Jackson show - if anyone could take a video of it and put it on Youtube I would be ever so grateful. It was our first night there, so we didn't know what to expect. I only took a few pictures, but it was the best show of the whole week. Actually, he's so talented that you could easily mistake him for the real Jacko. : )
Sabin - the most attentive bar staff at the Sunset bar. He was very friendly and chatty.
Andy - hilarious cabaret performances. That guy is super-talented. Very nice and friendly, too.
Jessie - the chief of the village - very helpful and remembers everyone's name and whatever you tell her. I don't know how she does it.
Terious - great fun and very good performances in the cabaret shows.
Meika and Ida from the spa - book a Balinese massage with these two girls if you can. They are amazing.
Suna and Singh - hilarious and have so much energy. They got the party going every night.

I would happily return on any day of the week.

It's mainly a couple's resort, but there were some families, too. I think me and my mate were the only singletons, but it didn't bother us at all.

If you want to take part in the themed evenings here is the list of the dress codes: elegant, cappucino, Club Med 88 shirt (white bottom I think), all white, all black, black and white, Asian and Club Med 45 shirt with jeans/denim skirt. It's fun dressing up and I wish we were told about these in advance.

They have UK plugs in the rooms.

I can't think of anything else that other people have not mentioned before, but please ask if you want to know something specific.

Room Tip: If you are on honeymoon definitely book one of the Lagoon Suites. That gives you the most privacy an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Spent one week in August after a 12-day tour of Sri Lanka with our 9 year old son. Stayed in their basic room (would have loved a hut over the water but impossible with a kid) which was perfect with a great view of the beach and sunset. The room was perfect with a comfortable king size bed and a twin size bed for our son. Plenty of room to put all of our stuff and plenty of water in the shower. Looked like the rooms had been redone recently and everything was perfect, beside the pillows which were too thick and firms for my taste.

We were mostly into diving and snorkeling (my wife and I did 5 and 4 dives respectively) and we pretty much hit all of the snorkeling trips (twice a day). Fantastic experience with a lot to see and enjoy. Corals in good conditions, lots of life although diving is better to see the bigger stuff. Nevertheless, while snorkeling, we saw several turtles, rays, moray eels and a gazillion fish. We also managed to hit the pool games most of the time at 12h15 and entered a few contests. Our son had an absolute blast for his first experience at Club Med.

Kudos to all of the GO, they have a fantastic multicultural team out there and we had a fantastic time. In particular, thanks to the entire snorkeling team and in particular to Kurt and Andy who my son fell in love with.

During our week, I would say 90% of the clientele was asian which surprised us since we expected more europeans. Despite the club being nearly full, the beach was mostly empty and it was a very relaxing experience. Food is mostly divided into Japanese, Indian, local and international sections. The Japanese section was especially good with sushis and sashimis from fresh tuna taken out of the water on a daily basis.

Kudos to the euro divers bunch (Caroline, James, Tino, Niko), they run a great place and all of the staff is absolutely fantastic.

Would definitely go back if it was closer to home !

We found the excursions to be expensive. Good but relatively low quality/price ratio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Kani? Share your experiences!