I had been to a lot of places right from Hawaii to Thailand but Maldives is nothing like anything I had seen !! Crystal clear waters , White sand , all kind of aquatic life at your foot step , fishes and a lot of fishes !!
This was our first trip to Maldives , so like all my trips I did a lot of research on which Resort to stay and narrowed it down to Biyadhoo.
It offered me more than what I had signed up for. Fantastic staff , Excellent island , Good food , Nice bar and beautiful white sand beaches with tons of corals.
Few Points to note :
1. Nice Big rooms with balcony. We were lucky to get the biggest room ( #74 ). ( there are 4 in each building )
2. Mini Bar in the room.
3. Western side of the Island is better than the eastern side. ( Room # 50 + to 90 I think )
4. Excellent Dive center and Water Activity Centre. We loved the way Karlose : Water activity guy had maintained his place.
5. It has a big football ground at the centre. So if you are from UK and travelling in group you can have one MU vs RM their :-)
6. You can go for snorkelling on any side of the Island. Passage 2,3 have high current though.
7. If you stay for more than 3 days you will defiantly see Sharks / Sting Ray's / Turtle / Dolphins etc right from the beach itself.
8. Since there are no TV's in Any room and they don't give newspapers you feel totally cutoff from rest of the world. ( You do get telephone signals on the Island : So if you have $ to spare, you can switch on your Data Service on Roaming and stay connected )
9. Food is ok I would say. They do repeat good part of the menu everyday. Potato / Peas / Soups and Sweet dish were my favourite. Food is not bad by any stretch of imagination. You can also order King Crabs / Pizza etc if you want. Vegetarians can also easily survive.
10. Excursions are not value for money. Unless you really don't have anything to do I would suggest simply avoid it.
11. They do accept Credit Cards. Dollar is the official currency on the Island.
12. Don't forget to take Window seat on your flight into Maldives. Views are breathtaking.
13. Island takes you back in time , it has it's old world charm and I am not surprised so many people come back to this Island again n again !!
14, Transfers to the the airport both ways was really smooth. We don't have to wait for more than 10min.
15. Carry a lot of sun cream and apply it . Maldives is on Equator and sun rays are direct. Before you will realise you will be tanned :-)
16. Last but not the least don't forget to carry underwater camera. Its a MUST !!
Net Net , this place is worth every penny you pay !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Biyadhoo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biyadhoo Island Hotel South Male Atoll
- Biyadoo Island Hotel
- Hotel Biyadoo Island
- Biyadoo Island Resort