“paradise!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Post Box No. 20153   |
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
“paradise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

just returned from a 2 week all inc stay at biyadhoo. had an amazing time,the rooms were basic but spotlessly cleaned everyday. the food was nice but their could have been more choice but for what you pay we really couldnt complain.the staff were always really friendly and always happy to be there.the snorkeling was absolutely amazing,so much veriety of fish in massive numbers was mind blowing.the diving was fantastic too,reasonably priced and the dive team were super friendly and very proffessional.it was our first trip to the maldives but definately not the last. overall then, it was an amazing holiday, a couple of little nicks here and their but again for the price, we were more than happy!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

833 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am just going to keep this short and sweet, our holiday was fabulous!
Our second visit to this resort and I went armed with my bleach as I was a tad traumatised on my first visit about the rooms - well, they have certainly made an effort with the maintenance, there was no need for me to use my bleach! For the low star rating of this island the treatment you get is 4 # , our room was tidied and checked by our room boy countless times a day, I even got to the point where I made sure that I had left my room fairly tidy before I went out at night, as I knew the lad would be in to make the room spotless before wee went to bed.
Service/ food / general hospitality is wonderful, you are so well looked after - I won't go on about theses things because I am just mirroring the many comments of other, all I can say is the comments are spot on.

What I will say about this resort, in my opinion, the thing that makes it special are the other guests. As there is only one level of accommodation we are all the same, there is none of this one up man ship as someone has a water bungalow and someone else has a beach bungalow etc on the whole everyone seems to be of the same outlook, all on this special little island enjoying the magic bubble that you are in whilst there. Maybe this holiday we were just extremely lucky to be there at the time when we could share our holiday with so many lovely people, but if you are looking for a chilled, relaxed and sociable holiday, then you can't go far wrong with Biya.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed for 10 day over Christmas and New Year 12/13 and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. As with a lot of the other reviews I think the biggest thing to remember is the amount you are paying compared to other resorts in the Maldives. If you want 5* then you need to pay the money. Biyadhoo is a fantastic little island, the staff are really friendly and the food is great. They pulled out all the stops for Christmas and New Year with decorations, lights and special themed meals. It actually seemed like they added more decorations and lights daily!
Yes, the decor is a little tired but not offensively so, again if you want 5* go elsewhere. It actually wouldn't take much to improve the resort cosmetically, I don't think it needs to close, they just need to give the blocks a lick of paint! My parent's room smelt a little musty but I think that is down to the fact you can't really air the rooms without letting the wildlife in. We met a woman on the beach who had taken a plug in airfreshner after reading other reviews!
The house reef is great, there is more than enough to keep you amused for your stay. The island is fantastic, a big part of it has been kept quite natural, we liked this, better than having it super manicured. Part of the beach get busy but you don't have to walk far to find your own space.
We loved it as did my parents and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. If you like relaxing and unpretentious then Biyadhoo is for you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

stayed here for 11 nights this may, would deffo go back. boat ride across to island was cooling and took about 25 mins room ok food excellent currys also meats pastas something for everyone. like the idea you keep your same table your entire stay and have the same waiter our was habibe hope I spelt it right anyway he was lovely. great snorkling and beach sea was like a warm bath but really refreshing in the heat like been in a aquarium fish swimming all around you. bar does good drinks on all inclusive bar staff work really hard and looked after us well. to say Thomas kuoni rep had not been there that long he was great was helpful if you needed anything. would like to return soon thanks biya

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went as a party of four (two couples) from 16 to 30 April. I had read all the reviews and so had an idea of what to expect and I agree with those who expressed the view that this is not a five star resort; it doesn't pretend to be! If you want a five star experience then be prepared to pay at least twice as much if you want the Maldives.
Biyadhoo was excellent vfm. All four of us agreed that this was one of the very best holiday experiences we had had. We went AI and apart from souvenirs and tipping (which is a must do thing) we spent nothing. As I've mentioned tipping, I should point out that the staff members do not hover for a tip but the occasional dollar is appreciated. Service is excellent in all respects.
The rooms, as reported by others, are tired. They are, however, clean and made up every day. We slept in our room but apart from that time we were on the beach, snorkelling, eating or drinking! The air con was very effective but don't be tempted to set it too cold as we've found on previous occasions that you can come down with a cold or chesty cough. We cranked our temperature up to just below ambient temperatures (which are around 28c in the evenings).
The food is very good. Salads were varied and crispy fresh, bread was served in a variety of forms, mains were quite varied but fish curry was a constant offering. Puddings wee also varied and delicious. However, the soup was not very good; it was excellent! Home made each lunch and dinner time it was absolutely delicious - needless to say it was a regular feature on my personal menu.
The sea water was like a luke warm bath - if you've never been on a tropical holiday you won't believe it until you experience it for yourselves (my sister and brother-in-law were gobsmacked). It is crystal clear and the reefs are amazing. Even if snorkelling isn't your thing, take a set with you - my wife was a reluctant snorkeller until she got to the reef! We took lilos for the sunbeds; definitely good advice as they would be hard on the derriere after a while.
Beach towels are replaced each evening and there are plenty of shaded areas to enjoy being on the beach without burning. The people, both staff and guests were, without exception, pleasant and friendly. Many of the guests had been returning for years.
We went on a dolphin watch trip - and, yes, we saw dolphins! Mind you, we also saw a four foot reef shark every day as it swam passed just a few feet away! Don't worry, they are harmless but beautiful. At the mention of "shark" people would grab for their cameras and wade into the sea! Poor thing was hounded. On the subject of cameras, if you've got an underwater one, take it! I bought my wife one especially for this holiday and she forgot to pack it! If you don't have an underwater camera, have a look for a waterproof housing. Be careful with your choice but it is worth it as the fish you will see are amazing both close inshore and particularly at the reef.
Entertainment was minimal but, honestly, we didn't notice its lack. Drinks and chat in the bar made time fly by.
Will we go back? In principal, yes; in practice, maybe not. If we were younger there would be no doubt but at our age we have lots of other places we want to see so...
Thanks to all at Biyadhoo for an amazingly memorable stay. Mohammed, thanks for keeping us topped up with wine at mealtimes and an especial thanks for your efforts on my birthday!

Room Tip: Rooms from 50 to 80 are on the best part of the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a wonderful holiday. Could not find fault with anything. Room spotlessly clean, food great, beach heaven on earth, the best snorkling I have ever done. This island is excellent value for money and anyone who moans could not have been in the same place! The staff are very friendly and Thomas the Kuoni rep was also only too pleased to give assistance if you needed it. I would not hesitate to recommend this island to anyone and will definitely be returning next year no doubt in my mind. All in all 10 out of 10 and now counting until I can return.

Room Tip: I was in room number 12 on the first floor and totally happy with everything.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
West Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to Biyadhoo, we flew direct with British airways, we arrived at Male and were soon on the speed boat, when we arrived it was like we hadn't left, we were all inclusive, the island hadn't changed in the year we had been away, and it was very nice that the chefs and bar staff all remembered us and were very pleased to see us again, were we're slightly disappointed to be in a top floor room as we had asked to be on the ground floor but a quick visit to reception and we were told we would be moved as soon as a room became available we stayed two nights and moved with no problems, much better as we could now walk straight onto the beach, both rooms were very clean and functional no problems with anything, we had asked for extra pillows on the first night and they were ready in our new room, I was slightly disappointed as this visit we didn't have the lovely patterns and flower displays on our bed, but I think this is luck of the draw with your room boy as other people we spoke with had there beds decorated everyday, whilst we were there we were asked if the maintenance could do some work on the balcony, this was carried out over a few days and didn't really affect us.

Our waiter Jobe was such a lovely person, he was telling us how lucky he was to live just 20 mins away from Biyadhoo on one of the local islands, we visited this Island and Jobe was there to meet us and to welcome us to his house and meet his family this was over and beyond what we expected, the island trip was an extra but was worth paying for to see the real Maldives.

The food was much the same as our first visit always something tasty to be found, we loved eating the fish and curries, and both need to loose some weight now. We also had a lobster dinner on the beach, well worth the money so much food you really don't need to eat lunch that day.

There certainly wasn't any shortage of sun beds and personally I now think there are far many, and the view when approaching Biyadhoo is spoiled, but this is just my opinion, and people still feel the need to go out at silly o'clock and claim their beds for the entire stay.

Whilst we were there there were so many repeating guests and the whole island had such a lovely friendly feel even more so than last year as you felt a bit like you were coming home, every time you would discuss what fish you had seen and whether or not you had seen the turtle,we were lucky to have seen so many different fish, turtles, sharks, octopus ,napoleon wrasse and yes that blooming menace the Titan trigger ( I am sure they get bigger every year) , just be careful as the current can change quite quickly, and we did see a couple need to have some help

Biyadhoo is very rustic as has been said so many times, but there is a feel about it that you don't seem to get at other islands yes they have televisions,and wi fi, (you can pay 5 dollars for 30 mins To use the computer in reception we found this much quicker than last year) and other mod cons, but if you want a true no news,no shoes,then go to Biyadhoo.

We have already booked to go again next year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Biyadhoo Island Resort? Share your experiences!