“Excellent location in Essex” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Market Hill, Maldon CM9 4PZ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Maldon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent location in Essex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the good fortune to choose The Limes in Maldon. I chose it because of the location in the town. I knew there would be restaurants within walking distance. A must when you are having a celebration with friends. Very clean and quiet bed and breakfast. Breakfast was very good and large portions. I would certainly recommend Scrambled Egg with Smoked salmon. A most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: there are rooms at the top of the house. unsuitable for people who have difficulty with stairs, and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very warm welcome, comfortable twin bedded room, stylish decor and comfort you may not expect in this area. Plenty of towels and the hot towel rail was much appreciated as we greeted a wet morning. Well cooked breakfast with good choice of options and if you change your mind, a charming smile and "no problem". We wanted to take a walk through town as we usually do and appreciated the opportunity to leave our bag until we were ready to leave. They can expect us again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a lovely place to stay, in a sweet little town. My husband and I stayed there last night. Staff were excellent, helpful and welcoming. The room was immaculate and had everything you could want and more. Bed was comfortable with nice linen, there was even complementary sherry. Breakfast this morning was really good quality and there was every thing you could possibly want. I shall be telling everyone about this little gem. Would I return definitely stay here again and for longer.

Room Tip: Room 2 was lovely
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night and I was very impressed by the room, which was spacious, clean lined, nicely decorated and it had everything I needed for a comfortable stay.

The location is excellent and the town is well worth a slow wander, with good shops and the estuary is a must.

Will definitely use again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Letchworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed here last night just for the one night. We were very impressed by the room. It was tastefully decorated, immaculate and was spacious too. I wish we had been staying longer. The breakfast was a full English and was excellent - big full plate of hot quality food. The location is good, we walked into the town and also down to the promenade to go crabbing. There seem to be many eateries which would be family friendly. Wold definately stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here whilst going to the the V Festival as it was a handy 20 mins from Chelmsford. When we arrived our room was ready but they were happy enough to look after our bags and pop them into our room once it was ready - lovely service.

Had a great time at V and arrived back to find a lovely room, beautifully decorated, gorgeous shower (just what you need after a hot day at a festival!) and plenty of tea/coffee bits and bobs in our room. We watched some tv and then settled down to sleep. It was a really hot weekend and sleeping was going to be uncomfortable - so we opened the windows (a little scared as we were on the ground floor!). This let some breeze into the room. We weren't however prepared for the 5am nosiy driver leaving the car park! But I guess it can't be helped.

The breakfast was lovely, the staff were welcoming and the decor and conservatory were really nice. We enjoyed everything we had.

Our only little grumble was that the couple in the room next to us had a dog - which yapped and yelped from about half 7 in the morning, presumably when its owners had gone for their breakfast. We were up, so it wasn't keeping us from sleeping - but it was so irritating and spoilt the atmosphere of the place a little. Perhaps having dogs in a room next to people without dogs is a bit unfair.

But this didn't spoil our stay. We liked the Limes and Maldon seemed liked a lovely place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I took my wife to The Limes for a special birthday, and we were both delighted,the welcome was warm and friendly. We stayed in the lilac room and although I am normally a poor sleeper for first few days away had no problem sleeping in a very comfortable bed. The staff are very friendly and helpful,nothing too much trouble,if you are celebrating something special then go for the romantic break, I did and my wife was delighted

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Limes? Share your experiences!