“Excellent evening” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Cardiff
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

A group of us went on the Margam ghost walk in early April 2012, and had a thoroughly enjoyable night. Having been on the Llandaff ghost walks a couple of times we knew we would be in for an entertaining evening. We weren't disappointed.

Jim is very knowledgeable and obviously does his homework very thoroughly beforehand. He is also an amazing story teller, managing to set the scene and captivate large audiences with tales of spooky events against a backdrop of Margam Abbey and castle.

Don't let unpredictable weather put you off. If you're well prepared, no amount of rain will dampen the mood.

All in all, an excellent evening was had by all.

UK
“Well researched & interesting walk.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last week, and we decided to celebrate by going back to where we got married on the same day, Margam Park. This time though we opted for a spooky visit.:-)
We were not disappointed, the tour guides Jim & Pete presented a well researched, and entertaining experience.
The tour was well organised, and they took the time to talk to each of the group adding to the personal experience.
Each of the stories, was both educational & enjoyable.
The weather was not the best when we visited but this just added to the spookiness, along with the loud bangs from the steel works & the screeching from the ducks on the lake.:-)
When you go on the walk, please remember to take a torch. Wear suitable footwear & wrap up warm.
Overall it was a great night & we will be booking up for the other walks they run.

Wales, UK
6 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I went on the Margam ghost walk with my 16 year old daughter last night and it was amazing!! We have been on the Llandaff ghost walk with Jim and Pete before so we knew this tour would be well researched and organised. Firstly, what a beautiful place Margam Park is and the history behind it is just as captivating. Several people from the group heard or saw things throughout the tour, including myself and both myself and my daughter took lots of pictures which captured lots of orbs. The most interesting orb was on a picture I took inside the castle which is bright orange, something that's never happened on a picture for me before, but it really tallies in with one of the stories we were told in the castle. Jim brings the stories alive and you could hear a pin drop while he's talking and Pete is so easy to talk to if you think you've seen or heard anything. I can't recommend this tour enough, it really is a 'must do' experience. We'll definitely be booking to go on this and the Llandaff ghost walk again. My only tip would be to make sure you wrap up warm even at this time of year as you spend most of the time outside and a lot of the areas are exposed ;)

Cardiff
“Margam Ghost Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

What a fantastic evening! I didn't think this walk could ever top the Llandaff Ghost Walk which was brilliant, but the Margam one was something else.... history, atmosphere, and narration that captured all our attention! Thank you again! We had a brilliant time.

Visited April 2012
JimCardiffresident, Owner/operator at The Margam Ghost Walk, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your very positive feedback, which you all gave to me personally on the night, as well as on Facebook, and here, for which I am very grateful and heartened. This week was the sixth ghost walk since they began in February and I felt the walk really hit its stride. I certainly felt, after a degree of tweaking and adjusting the approach with every walk since the first, that this week the blend of narrative, atmosphere and historic context was dead right (forgive the pun!). It is all the more reassuring that this was evident in the enjoyment and buzz of the groups on all the walks this week. Margam is another example of Wales's unbeatable and intriguing secrets, so feedback like this suggests I could well be helping to open them up not before time to a wider audience! Thank you.
Port Talbot
11 attraction reviews
“brilliant walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

we went on the first margam ghost walk and it was brilliant. we didn't hear/see anything unusual, we just found the whole castle and grounds incredibly calm and serene in the dark.
our giude, jim cowan, was fantastic. he emailed us to remind us what time to meet up that evening, made sure everyone had a torch and his assistant (whose name escapes me, sorry!) was great at making sure everyone was present and correct and no-one was too spooked.
i'm a sceptic myself so it was really refreshing to hear scientific explanations for phenomena given on the walk as well as spiritual ones, and even though i thought i was pretty well up on my history of margam castle i learnt loads that night that i'd never heard before.
my teenage daughters loved it and we're hoping to go again as soon as possible.

Visited February 2012
JimCardiffresident, Owner/operator at The Margam Ghost Walk, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Given that it was the first time the walk had operated there were a few "opening night nerves" so it's very reassuring that you had such a good time. Many thanks for taking the trouble to post your comments. Jim Cowan