“Disgraceful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Talbot
The Grand Hotel
You added The Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Station Road, Port Talbot SA13 1DE, Wales   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Port Talbot B&B and Inns
“Disgraceful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Staff lovely, food very good but.got woke you at 2.30 am by loud music kept going till early hours ofthe morning. I had a training course the following day. Not happy as was up all night. Not good for a business trip

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a regular to the Grand Hotel Restaurant I felt it necessary to write a review. Staff are always friendly and polite and generally cant do enough for you. The food and drink is superb value and I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal. After sampling most of the dishes on the menu, my favourite has to be the steak and always cooked perfectly and a large portion when served with chips, salad etc. The Grand is the best venue In Port Talbot for live music and always look forward to seeing the months line up of bands playing there. Friendly atmosphere and generally an enjoyable night out!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel so I knew what to expect, again I enjoyed a nice clean room if a little outdated, bed linen and towels were very fresh and well laundered and for the money paid a very nice experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I had two meals for £10 and they were stunning the portions were huge and very nice presented and service was top class I would recommend every one to at least come and try it I will be back here I had gammon my wife had lasagne and it was stunning

• Stayed June 2013
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived at 1pm couldn't park our car, was advised to come back after the Rugby was finished, although there was a disabled parking slot there was a van parked on it, When we returned at 5pm we were shown to a room for a disabled person full bath when we asked we were told this hotel doesn't have any rooms adapted for disabled. When we came out the lift the lobby was dark and couldn't see to put our key in the door Room was scruffy no hairdryer as advertised Room was at corner over kitchen very large chimney outside window!!! no noise control kitchen staff shouting at each other till late at night, wouldn't recommend to anyone, we actually booked a 4th night in Port Talbot at Premier Inn

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As frequent visitors to Port Talbot we decided to try the Grand. We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the rooms and the value for money food. We have stayed there twice now and see no reason not to use it in the future. Although we have not tried the Italian restaurant next door we have heard good reports about it and will certainly give it a try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Blandford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room my wife and I were allocated was definitely in need of refurbishment. Whilst the bedding was clean, the carpet was stained, furniture old and tatty and the bathroom was carpeted; very unhygienic. The lift groaned it's way up to my floor and when the lift door opened, a dark and dismal landing was presented. The rooms cost an average of £50 per night and was not good value. Breakfast was adequate (that the best I can say about it), the chef was surprised when I asked for mustard (I was not surprised when it did not arrive). On the plus side the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!