“fine for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Port Talbot B&B and Inns
London
“fine for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

myself and my family stayed here for 2 nights in september.
on checking i did find the male manager a bit stroppy, he litterally took my money and that was that, i had to ask about breakfast times etc. on our final day we had to leave the hotel at 6.00am, i did'nt inform him at the time of check in but it was when a family member said you cant get out the main doors before 7.30am that i went and asked him about it only to be given a stroppy answer of "you go out the fire exit opposit your room" and he walked off lol, but i must stress that the rest of the staff seemed very nice during our stay.
the rooms are a very good size and standered for a pub B&B, the ensuit bathrooms are huge! with a bath and seperate shower.
i think little details could have been cleaner BUT it is a B&B and overal the room was clean, there was no need to complane. our bed in room 8 was to hard for me but thats a preferance thing not again & it was fine for a night or 2. .
the breakfast was fine, if your a hungry person like my lot are make sure you ask for a full breakfast, there was also a good selection of cerials etc.
we had both evening meals at the pub and both were nice enough for the price.
if i where in that town again i would probably stay here as it was central,nice and cheap

Room Tip: perhaps ask for a room at the back as the pub has outside seating under the room windows & is on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm a contractor as an Expert in Complaints (for the record!) and needed to find somewhere close to my work. Just had my contract extended from 3 months to 6 (starting in Aug 13) and I know I've made the right choice! Food is great - excellent portions - beautifully presented. Staff - well all I can say - amazing, so welcoming, friendly and will make you feel right at home (which is a long way-a-way for me!) - most of all feeling very safe and secure (being female).

My experience has been nothing but excellent. I travel a lot and this is the best stay I've had in a very long time. Come and have a look - you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Thank you to Carl, Kieren, Vici, Shaun, Beth - well everyone!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in the single and double - both are excellent - exceptionally clean - lots of room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just got back from overnight stay 28th September and had lovely time. Staff friendlty and helpful. Evening Meal very good, live music on Friday and Saturday. An added bonus. Breakfast very saisfying. Rooms spotlessly clean, nice bathroom and excellent wi-fi facilities. Great value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Live music on weekends so if light sleeper request room not above bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the twelve knights on saturday 12th september, The hotel had free parking, the staff on rececption were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were spotless, with excellent wi-fi conections, My evening meal in the restaurant, was piping hot and very tasty. I would recommend this place to anyone whom wants excellent service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Chester, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed one night on 3rd September as I was working nearby the following day. Despite being on my own, I had booked a double room. When I arrived and checked in, it took about 5 minutes for the "Manager" to work out how to print a receipt, as if he had never been asked for one before. When I went to the room, it was a single. I returned downstairs to complain and, after about another 10 minutes delay, was given a new room and card key. I went to this room, and when I went in there were clothes on a chair and a suitcase beside it. You've guessed it - it was already occupied. On returning to the reception again, there were profuse apologies and the offer of a free drink whilst they sorted it all out, which I declined as I was thinking about getting a refund and leaving. After another 10 minutes it was eventually sorted out by the "Manager" turfing the man out of the room that I was supposed to be staying in.

When I went down to the bar to eat, I was told by the barmaid that my drinks and meal would be on the house to compensate me for the inconvenience (I would call it incompetence rather than inconvenience). So when I left the bar at the end of the evening, I did not pay. However, I have just received my credit card bill, and they have charged me for the lot - a gammon steak & 3 pints. Not even a free drink. I now have no receipt so cannot claim the amount off my employer so I am out of pocket and not a happy puppy.

Any establishment that can be this incompetent does not deserve any more business.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We traveled all the way from West Sussex to join family for a Sunday lunch. We booked for 1.30pm... a time you'd expect a place like this to have enough meat to go round. We wanted the roast beef.... nope! We're out.... really? You are serving the carvery until 4pm!! OK... alternatives found. Steaks we OK. Sources out of a tin and service without a smile. Dessert... order them if you want to have what the chef thinks you should have rather than what you ordered.

I'm really not normally one to complain... but won't be going back :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed with our daughter on July 28th enroute to ferry at Fishguard. The bedrooms were good though ours was at the front and there is a busy road outside. We had an evening meal which was very poor.tired salad and overcooked burger. However breakfast was extraordinary. There was help yourself cereal & not much else. One had to make tea from water in a jug. Then a surly man came out and asked us aggressively 'what do you want for breakfast'. Taken aback my husband asked for a rasher,sausage and egg. He got just that! Our daughter came down later by which time a team of women were cleaning the pub perfectly. One of them served my daughter who got a great breakfast including hashbrowns which she had requested. The table wasn't laid for us and we had to collect all the crockery and cutlery ourselves. We were very disappointed having stayed at an excellent Brains inn in Abergavenny previously.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Twelve Knights? Share your experiences!