“Top notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Eldoret
Dallas, Texas
“Top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hard to find but with the trip! Stayed at The Boma Nairobi so wanted to try the hotel in Eldoret. Had to flag down a taxi driver to escort me there but once I arrived i was glad i made the trip. The room was identical to the one in Nairobi and much less expensive. It is located outside the noisy city and the view was beautiful. The food was exceptional especially the fried shrimp. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful! Staff goes out of its way to make the stay enjoyable. I plan to visit again soon as it is an oasis in the middle of chaos!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool! Worth the upgrade to a bathtub!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Aggrey B, General Manager at Boma Inn Eldoret, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Robin,

Thank you for choosing to stay at both The Boma Nairobi and Boma Inn, Eldoret, a sure brand ambassador!!!

We are humbled by your wonderful compliments 'An Oasis in the Middle of Chaos.' Your honest feedback on our wanting signage has been taken seriously and we will endeavor to improve.

We look forward to hosting you at Boma Inn, Eldoret always.

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I needed to spend a weekend in Eldoret and found Boma Inn on TripAdvisor. Glad I picked it. They were very courteous both on email and in person. I requested an early check in and late check out and they were happy to oblige. The facilities are lovely. It's in a quiet neighbourhood so I got to relax away from the general hustle and bustle.. Loved the room; a few teething problems with the shower hot/cold regulator but understandable as they are just finishing the build. The breakfast of champions was a sure winner. I will most definitely be back!

Your wonderful staff are your treasure! Binti at reception, the team at the health centre, our wonderful bell boy who gave us a tour. Keep it up! See you all again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jashivo,

Greetings from Boma Inn, Eldoret!!!

We are happy that you decided to stay with us while in Eldoret and that our product met your expectations.

My team is service oriented and we will go to all lengths to ensure that our guest's needs and requests are met to their satisfaction. Thank you for understanding our teething problems but rest assured that we are working on them to ensure that our guests experience is 'home away from home'. I have shared your wonderful feedback to my team as we as they are the best asset to the hotel.

I am happy that our 'breakfast of Champions' delighted you and we look forward to hosting at Boma Inn, Eldoret always.

KISUMU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My first impression was amazing! reception area was clean and suburb! staff were welcoming and friendly! A Hotel is not so much a bout the building or facilities offered BUT engaging and humane staff!

Richard

Room Tip: Please provide additional choices of fresh Juices and bread,alternatively send your kitchen team...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Aggrey B, General Manager at Boma Inn Eldoret, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Kismayo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Eldoret and for sharing your honest feedback on this platform.

We appreciate your feedback and as clearly noted, the human capital is what makes a difference between a good hotel and an excellent hotel. We will continue with our zeal in offering exceptional quality service to all our esteemed guests always.

We also promise to improve our breakfast offer to ensure that our guests wake up to a good hearty meal.

We look forward to hosting you always at Boma Inn, Eldoret.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at the Boma Inn for roughly 3 weeks in Febuary/March 2014 and was pleasantly surprised . The staff were all courteous and kind and took the time to look after you. The restaurant was excellent and everyone who worked there were always willing to help out where they could.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Eldoret.
Rooms were good and very clean.
You will not be dissapointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty good , i had one overlooking the pool area , which was good as on some weekends...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Aggrey B, General Manager at Boma Inn Eldoret, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Stephen,

It was a pleasure hosting you for such a long time during your visit to Eldoret and we thank you for all the great feedback shared in this noble platform.

I will pass your compliments to my entire team so that they can endeavor offering the same outstanding service to all our esteemed guests.

Thank you once again for making Boma Inn, Eldoret your 'home away from home' and we look forward to hosting you always.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Boma Inn was a very welcome addition to the hotels, guest houses and restaurants in Eldoret. I use the hotel on a regular basis for business colleagues visiting and, other than occasional hot water issues and bathroom drainage issues, the hotel accommodation receives very good reviews. The majority of the staff, especially the reception staff and waiters also receive good reviews. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the restaurant food. On too many occasions now the food has been poorly prepared or not even available. Fillet steak and lamb chops are possibly the worst in Eldoret, both in terms of tenderness and the quality of the cooking and the salads are very uninspiring. It is even becoming a little embarrassing to take my business colleagues here for dinner as there is always at least one problem. Discussions with the catering staff appear to result in little improvement. Perhaps I just need to be more patient, but I would have thought that seven months was enough to sort out kitchen teething problems.

Dear Tanzantraveller,

Thank you for your candid feedback which we have taken note with great concern and we are working on having all systems in perfect conditions as expected of the Boma Hotels brand and with your feedback we will be able to achieve this in the shortest time possible.

I will also relay the good reviews to the team who endeavor to make each and every guests’ stay authentic and memorable. I have also shared your sentiments on the food experience with our Executive Chef Joshua.

We welcome you back at Boma Inn, Eldoret during your future visits to Eldoret and I guarantee you that the concerns have been acted upon and your experience will be great.

(office) +254 20 390 4000 | (cell) +254 719 025 000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

WOW WOW WOW! Travel to Eldoret a lot for business. It was my first time to stay there and everything about the hotel is just fantastic! Kudos to Boma for opening a branch in Eldoret. Makes our stay comfortable. The reception especially Betsy, Joy and Abel receive special recommendation. The breakfast was lovely. The rooms were very comfortable. Keep up the highly recommendable service and maintenance, and you will not go wrong. Worth it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Aggrey B, General Manager at Boma Inn Eldoret, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Mevarvany,

Wow Wow Wow!!!

How impressed we are with your feedback. We are really happy that our product and service offered by my team exceeded your expectations.

I will share the same with Joy, Betsy, Abel and the rest of the team who were at the back of the scene ensuring that all was perfect. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast offer and i promise you that we will endeavor to maintain our service delivery to all our esteemed guests.

We look forward to hosting you at Boma Inn, Eldoret always.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I decided to visit Boma for dinner last week on Friday and I was amazed by the beautiful hotel. It was late at night and I was unable to see much of the hotel. However, we asked for some hot drinks and it took almost 30 minutes for the waiter to come back. To our surprise, we were given some sachets for chocolate drink instead of a ready drink. We wondered how different this is with a cheap restaurant in town. When it came to dinner time we were directed to a buffet that had been set outside and the food was pretty cold - you wonder why they decided to have a buffet at night given the chilly night weather in Eldoret. There was a DJ also playing some old Lingala music from a cheap music system - it was actually noise and not music. You wonder why the hotel could not use the piped music system to play cool and appropriate music. I am visiting again this weekend to give more assessment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aggrey B, General Manager at Boma Inn Eldoret, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Philemon,

Greetings from Boma Inn, Eldoret!!!

Thank you for using our services and for your honest feedback.

I wish to apologise on behalf of my team for the poor service. We had done a special dinner for our long staying guests who wanted an outdoor dining experience but definitely it did not meet the expectations of all our esteemed guests like yourself.

We will endeavor to offer the best service as always done.

I do believe that your most recent stay with us was better and request your honest feedback as always.

(office) +254 20 3904000 | (cell) +254 719 025 000

Been to Boma Inn Eldoret? Share your experiences!