“even the window glasses were dirty!” 2 of 5 stars

Murano, Italy
041 2405211
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Murano glass museum like an insider
Private Tour
$135*
and up
Private Tour: Murano, Burano and Torcello...
Ranked #9 of 15 things to do in Murano
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Ramat Gan, Israel
9 attraction reviews
“even the window glasses were dirty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

with only 5 display rooms the museum was neither methodical nor rich. in the ancient glass room the display cabinets were hanging from the cieling yet too high for my 8YO to see anything(and she's tall).
the largest room was actualy a display room of a current venitian glass manufaturer.
I love glass, clean, clear, translucent I sell Venitian glass in my business. the whole atmosphere was murky.
for us it was a total waste of time.

• Polish first
Ramsey, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“A little disappointed but loved the beads that fitted a Pandora bracelet perfectly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We thought the Murano Island was lovely and there are some large pieces of Murano glass on show on the Island. However we were a little disappointed in the museum as we thought the techniques would perhaps be demonstrated. I think it is much better just to look around the shops at the wonderful pieces.
I did purchase a murano bead for my daughter who has a Pandora bracelet, I was told the bead would fit and it was beautiful and stamped as murano. The beads are approx. 10 euros which is very much cheaper than Pandora beads so I thought I would risk buying it and hoped it would fit. It did fit and I wished I had bought more because the quality was so good and so reasonably priced

Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Glass blowing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place did not have much to offer aside from the glass blowing factory & museum which was very impressive in itself. Nice to wander the canals but we didn't find much else to do there.

25 attraction reviews
“You would be better at one of the glass shows at a factory”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went straight from the boat to this museum hoping to see some good examples of Murano Glass. Many of the displays we're something like you might see at a bad garage sale or dollar store.

ok so there were a few good examples, but you see much nicer pieces in the stores themselves on the way. Skip this, and go for one of the tours of a factory instead where you can actually see the blower doing his work. Browse the higher end stores and marvel at the masterpieces that theyve created.

We were sad to have rushed here past the stores, and after being disappointed at the museum, we also ended up missing the stores as they were closing.

Perhaps if you have a full day, I would recommend to leave this for last (if at all), and do the other things on Murano first.