“RESTORED MY LOVE FOR CHINESE FOOD, EXCELLENT” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leeds
“RESTORED MY LOVE FOR CHINESE FOOD, EXCELLENT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have only had take out from ambrosia. So i can only rate it on the food. I used to adore chinese food but for some reason i went off it a bit. Some friends suggested we try ambrosia. The food is fantastic and travels well for a takeaway and the menu is extensive. I really enjoy the food from here and it has restored my love for chinese food. It is rare to find amazing food of a such a high quality in a small market town. I can recommend the sweet chilli crispy chicken and the vegetable chow mein is delicious.

• Visited March 2012

Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“Poor takeaway service - Check your food order before you leave!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have used both Ambrosia's restaurants and takeaway servicea number of times. The food is ok but beware of the takeaway service as this can be poor. They oftern miss items which have been ordered so make sure you check you have all your order before you leave with your takeaway. The latest was on christmas eve when I ordered a takeway from myself and my family. Before I left the restaurant I checked they have put the pancakes in the box (as they had forgot them twice brefore) just to realise when I got home (3 miles away) that they had forgotton to put one of the main meals in the takeaway box. I understand that this can happen but this has happened to me regularly. I probably would have not bothered writing this review if it was not for the rude response I had receieved when I rang up to state they had forgotton an item. When I drove back to the restaurant to pick the item up there was no sorry, they made me feel like it was my fault for not ordering the item in the first place. I later checked the price list I had picked up at the same time and they had charged me for the item they had forgotton to put in. So to conclude takeaway food ok but check you have all your order before you leave!

Visited December 2011
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Unusual to find such a great restaurant in a small market town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We visited for a family meal, and luckily had booked beforehand. The service was attentive but not overly so, but the food was excellent. We did not have to wait long for the starters to arrived and the gaps between main and dessert were just right. All in all very reasonably priced and will definately come again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Top class restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

As a resident of Market Drayton are usually forced to travel to Shrewsbury or another big city for a decent meal out - however the Ambrosia provides one of the better Chinese restaurants we have visited with attentive service, great food and even an interesting wine list. We have visited on many occasions and it never fails to impress.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“Nice fresh tastly take away.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Having tried the other Chinese take aways in Drayton, I thought I would try the ambrosia. Although it is primarily a restaurant (one of the other take aways is right across the road), the food was served very promptly, very hot and very tasty. It is probably the most expensive of the Chinese in town, but not by a great amount, so dont be out off by that. Liked the food so much we are going for a sit sown next month., Will let you know.

• Visited September 2011