Our plan was to celebrate our anniversary with a little cross country skiing during the day, followed by a lovely dinner in the evening. Next day we hoped to ski again after breakfast. Morning came and the weather news announced -27 degrees below zero and icy conditions. That was the end of our ski weekend. So we went with plan B - chilling out in the lovely lounge beside an open fire eating tapas, drinking wine and chatting. A rest followed in a lovely upgraded room with a sitting area, original stone walls and a view overlooking the falls. We booked dinner for 7:30 pm and had an exquisite meal in the dining room. Strangely, the food when first served was not hot and had to be sent back. When it did arrive again, it was hot and just delicious. Too bad it didn't arrive that way to begin with as that delayed dinner by quite some time. Morning greeted us with breakfast served in the dining room with an outgoing and friendly waiter. This time the food (quiche) was obviously frozen and somewhat dried out and had to be unthawed and heated which took quite some time. Fresh quiche would have been more appreciated and had we known it wasn't freshly made, scrambled eggs would have been just fine. After checkout we went to the in house spa and had a couple massage - one of the best massages I've ever had (and I've had many). We left the Mill feeling relaxed, uplifted and ready to return home, if not somewhat reluctant to leave our enjoyable weekend. We look forward to returning to celebrate other special occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec