“Blue Horizon-clean/comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 221 hotels in Linyi
newberg, oregon
“Blue Horizon-clean/comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel when I am on business in Linyi by myself. The Blue Horizon is located in the middle of the city, the resturants are good, rooms/beds are clean, AC works well in each room. This hotel is a fine when i travel by myself-i normally upgrade when i take clients to Linyi for the first time but for me this is the hotel on my "standard" trips through Linyi.

Room Tip: choose the business rooms with a breakfast included.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Let me put it this way: When a hotel alarm is going off at 3:30 AM, and a guest (me) is the one who has to figure out how to shut it off, there's serious problems with a property. But that's precisely what happened last night at Ye Olde Blue Horizon. I'm awakened at 3:30 AM by sirens in the hallway. Assuming a false alarm, I wait it out, but after ten minutes, when it doesn't shut off, I decide to call to the front desk. No answer. So I walk out to the hallway, and find the little digital box that's flashing red with the alarm. I push a couple of buttons, and the alarm shuts off. End of story - nobody comes up to find out what was happening, nobody complains.

If that were the extent of the problems here, I'd give it a three-star. But the problems run much deeper, from the run-down carpets in the rooms, the fake bathroom fixtures (I love the cheap, zinc sink fixtures labeled 'Kohler'), and the overall sense that the place just isn't clean.

And then there's the breakfast buffet. I could almost let go of the warm containers of yogurt. Almost - until I had my first glass of warm orange juice out of the automatic dispenser. Gross.

Look, I've traveled enough in China to know that you can't expect too much from even the (presumably) best hotel in third and lower tier cities. But what we have here is a serious lack of effort, and I've just gotta think somebody in town is doing better. Don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Right in the middle of the city and a good place to spend almost a week in Lingyi. I love this hotel and when I'm back at Lingyi, its my first choice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

The Blue Horizon hotel is right in the middle of the city center. A very busy hotel with alot of good restuarants. English is not rampant but the key staff is always available for most any needs. Internet is good and although there is not as much english programing on the TV there is enough to get by.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room its more comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Blue Horizon International Hotel Linyi? Share your experiences!