“Nice museum” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Art Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art collection focuses on contemporary works from 1945 to the present. Works by Pablo Picasso, Jean Dubuffet and Louise Bourgeois are part of the permanent exhibition at this white villa named Louise, after the first (and second and third) wife of the man who commissioned the building.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
CPH
4 attraction reviews
“Nice museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Louisiana museom of modern art is beautilfully located at the cost towards Sweden in Northern Zealand.

Went to see Andy Warhols early drawings which were a great experience.

The bistro is also good. Looking forward to come back to see other exhibitions.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful and Spectacular Art Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I think this is one of the finest and most beautiful art galleries I have ever visited. The exhibition space is just fantastic, changing exhibitions and just pocket after pocket of wonders to discover. The outside space is quite incredible, a huge Henry Moore reclining figure looks out to sea, in the far distance is The Bridge, and Moores sculpture unkowningly nods to that now famous Nordic crime series - the bronze figure cut clean in two! There is so much to explore outside, some great spaces for children rolling down hills or whizzing down the huge slide. A bridge that is also a felled tree, surprises at every turn. There is too much packed into this amazing place to mention, and I'd reccomend more than one visit. It will stay with me as one of the most fabulous spots and shows how great art can be displayed with the powerful impact that easy confidence and clear concept can bring. Do not miss...oh and of course, a great cafe too.

Visited August 2012
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Now that's impressive! an amazing building and as a warhol fan i was kind of forced to go there during this exposition! wich was awesome!

what i can also recommend, might seem weird:

Rent a good bike in Copenhagen, and cycle you're way to the museum and back. that's a total of 64 km, but the roads are nice and cool to ride on, the views are amazing as well! i did it in mid winter so summer would even be more comfortable, and as trains are quite expensive in Denmark, this will save you some money.

Visited January 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
29 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous rain or shine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We taxied to Louisiana from our hotel, which wasn't cheap, but it allowed us more time to enjoy the day, so worthwhile! The grounds here are absolutely beautiful! We visited on a misty rainy day, but that didn't detract from the experience at all! We enjoyed strolling through the indoor exhibits during the rain, and had lunch in the cafe during the real downpour! (Lunch was delicious - we did the sandwich route, and not the hot buffet, but EVERYTHING looked good on every plate I saw! And I didn't notice anyone leaving anything on their plates either, so it must have been good!)
The overall Modern feel of the art was varied...sculpture, painting, design...architecture to furnishings...the Children's area was charming! The grounds are really lovely, and the outdoor sculpture on permanent display is enhanced with view across the water of Sweden in the background! The building is gave me some great ideas to incorporate into my home (sounds silly, but check out the metal end caps on the beams!) I admit I didn't "like" everything I saw, but I do say it was a day well spent, in a gorgeous setting! I would go and spend a day here again, happily! Anytime! (The shop has some lovely, unique items that are small and easily packed!)

Visited September 2012
Darwin, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“If you don't love art, there are better things to see.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Okay, I'm not the arty type. I can appreciate some art but by and large, a lot of it is lost on me and I often wonder why some things called art couldn't be drawn or painted by a child.

I went to this museum because of the rave reviews on TA. I was disappointed. If I had my time again I think I would have taken the ferry from Helsingor (just up the road where the Kronborg castle is located - and a much more interesting attraction in my opinion) to Helsingborg, Sweden and then caught the train back to Copenhagen via Malmo and the Oresund bridge.

The best thing about the museum for me was the actual building and location. It was a dream. Other than that, there was not much to say. A huge exhibition of Andy Warhol's stuff and then two floors of stuff for sale. Sorry art lovers, boring!

Even to get there was a mission, took the train to Humlebaek and then it's a 15 minute walk to the museum. Nah, I'd give this a miss unless you really appreciate art.

Here's a useful tip: If you are going, it is actually better value for money to buy a Copenhagen Card from Central Station which gives you unlimited travel on Danish public transport and entrance to a number of attractions including this museum.

Visited January 2013