“Excellent. Good service. Outstanding value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Excellent. Good service. Outstanding value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent. Good service. Outstanding value for money. It really brings the real taste of the original plates

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Cuban food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This place is good , this time I order seafood paella is was really good. Yellow rice, shrimp,clams,chicken,calamari and fish includes peppers onions creole sauce also sweet plantains enough for two. The fresh avocado was perfect with my dinner. They have a big dessert menu try twenty homemade desserts. Buen provecho :)

lacygne
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very good food, lovely restaurant, helpful waitstaff. My husband had to go back to this restaurant, because it was so good. I loved the cuban coffee and the ice cream. Loved the plantains too. The whole fried red snapper was excellent, but boney. The steak was good and the lobster in creole sauce was very comforting.

• Visited September 2012
Madison, Alabama
“Outstanding Cuban Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

While in Doral/Miami we wanted to try Cuban food since none is available where we live in northern Alabama. There were five of us in our group. Past TripAdvisor reviews recommended the food and downgraded the service. Our experience was excellent all the around. Our waiter, Armando, could not have been more accommodating. Our group had numerous questions since none of us were experienced in Cuban food, and Armando graciously answered all of them. I ordered Vaca Frita with onions and my wife ordered Cacerola Mariscos Enchi. Both these dishes were outstanding and nothing like we had ever tried before. The Yuqita Frita as an appetizer was simular to fried potatoes but different and very good. The prices were great, our dinner (my wife and I) came to $54 and included drinks and desert. I do not recall what the others ordered in our group, but everyone said it was one of the best dining experiences they had had. Serving sizes were ample for everyone. I would unconditionally recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in Cuban food.

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Haven't missed yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We love this restaurant. This is some really good Cuban food. I always have "Vaca Frita" with Onions (Grilled thinly Shredded Beef and Onions, With Moros Rice and Plantains). It's killer. The Yuca frita (fried) is really good too. My wife gets Churrasco Carretero Char-broiled Skirt Steak with Chimi-churri then we share. My wife loves orchata and she says it one of the best she has gotten at a restaurant. In general when I walk out of a restaurant I like to feel full and that I got a fair amount of food for the price I paid. I feel this way about La Carreta. I would agree with some of the other reviews that the servers are just ok. Many of them seem to have an attitude of entitlement and that you are just another customer (it has always been full when I'm there). You could say that is a "Miami" thing. For me the food is so good I chose to ignore the average servers but what if they could get that fixed ????

• Visited November 2011