“I'm glad I ignored the poor reviews about this place and still booked it, had a wonderful stay with my family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Doral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2015

It goes without saying that this hotel has received some poor reviews , mostly about the scent and poor customer service but I'm very happy that I booked this place and went with my gut feeling. Upon arriving at this hotel we were greeted by OMAR and he was very helpful and courteous with our reservation. We got the room we requested on the top floor, with extra feather pillows, the hallways were clean and the two bedroom room we booked was very clean , with tvs in each room and living area, there was a dishwasher , microwave , stove, coffee maker, refirgerator , everything needed for our mini vacation, the WI-FI service was also very good as we were able to Skype with our family back home and stream NETFLIX and movies with no hassle .We didn't choose to have our rooms cleaned everyday, however when we requested towels they were replenished almost immediately. We interacted mostly with PATRICIA , she assisted us with coins for the laundry service and other information that we needed to make our stay better, special kudos to her and her patience and customer service. Yes, the breakfast area was small, but that didn't bother us as we just took our stuff to the room, it was difficult to manage three kids in that breakfast space , but again it was not a issue for us. The pool was clean and the CORNER CUP was a very nice touch . I would definitely stay here again as it is close to a pharmacy, supermarket, gas station and nice restaurants . This was our first time in Miami, and I will recommend this place to anybody

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Port St. Lucie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2015

I booked TownPlace Suites in Doral for my stay to attend best friends wedding. The location was convenient to many stores, supermarkets, pharmacies and restaurants.

My reason for booking this hotel was the location and the 2 bedroom suite which was great because my friend was staying with me the night before her wedding and the two bedrooms would be comfortable.

Upon my arrival here I was greeted by Omar at the front desk. He was friendly, and helpful and efficient. I found my way to my room with little problem and found the room to be quite sizable for our needs. I connected to the wifi easily and made myself comfortable.

My two night stay was fine. The kitchenette was nice, with fridge, freezer, sink, stove, microwave, and plates and utensils, everything someone would want for an extended stay. We stored our snacks and drinks which made it better to not have to go out frequently. We sat in the sitting area talking and hanging out and found the room well suited to our comfort.

So, while there were MANY positives about the stay, there were a few MINOR negatives. Not enough to keep me from coming back should I ever need to, but still items for management to think about.

Coming to this TownPlace suites you need to remember this is an EXTENDED STAY location. There are many people who stay here for weeks or more. They have children, pets, they cook meals in their rooms. Yes, there is a smell when you walk in but it reminds me of a New York apartment building. You know what the Spanish lady in 3B is cooking because you can smell the guisado. You know the Jamaican family in 2A is making curried chicken because you can smell it in the halls. That's what this smells like, lived in. I don't know if there is anything to do about that. Carpet cleaning maybe?

The halls are dark. Between the dark carpet and the muted lighting it seems very dark. Maybe changing out the light bulbs? New light fixtures?

I had a room on the 4th floor and some of the windows overlooked the pool. It seemed like pool time never ended because there always seemed to be noise outside. Now I was high up enough that the sound was not annoying but just there.

My friend has a medical issue that makes her unsteady on her feet. The shower/tub had no rubber mat. When I called downstairs to see if they had one the answer was no. We put one of the towels on the floor of the tub to alleviate the slipperiness and all was fine.

One minor annoyance this morning was the cleaning lady, outside the door of a nearby room, talking loudly and banging thing around in her cart. I didn't make it back from the wedding until 1am, and the noise outside my door at 9am was not welcome. I do however consider she was just doing her job, and am not really complaining about just mentioning it. Maybe management should just mention people might want to sleep in on a Sunday morning and she needs to keep it down a smidge?

Again, I enjoyed my stay here overall. It was comfortable, convenient, the staff was friendly and I would come back again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2015

I was once again in miami and decided to try this hotel. Upon my arrival the attitude of the older gentleman at the front desk that checked me in was that of pure indifference. This theme in attitude continued with the maids and some were just unfriendly. The photos of the room was nothing short of deceptive. A real suite usually consists of a separated bedroom at the minimum except for this one. The best description is that of a kitchenette but certainly not a sweet. The photographer for this location is quite talented because the actual room is at least a quarter size of what you see in the photos. I was personally shocked and disappointed. I chose Marriott because of their allleged reputation for quality. The hallway further had a stale smell. The sofabed is hard and uncomfortable for an adult and the television channels are limited. I will not stay at this hotel again. However the wifi was very good and always worked.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are the best view that this property offers.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, June 18, 2015
Dear Melina,

I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received while staying at the TownePlace Suites. It is our mission to deliver exceptional customer service, however it seems as though we did not deliver on this occassion. I have taken appropriate action insuring that this was an isolated issue. While I am happy to hear that the view was a plus I was dissapointed to learn that your room size did not meet your expectations.
If you visit the Miami area again I would love for you to give us a second chance, I will personally see to it that your stay is up to standards.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2015

I'm usually the last to leave a review, but if I'm being honest it was the worst experience ever. The room was fairly descent but the photos were quite deceiving. However, you get what you pay for. So for the price, it was a descent room. The main downfall of this hotel was customer service. From arrival, the experience was nothing but negative. We made a mistake of assuming one way of payment was acceptable and it wasn't, our faults, however the fact that the employee on clock at the time acted as if there was nothing that could be done was very unsatisfactory and the fact that the suggestion wasn't immediately made to pay later was very unprofessional. As we were checking out it was brought to our attention that something had been charged to our room, and no one of us had done so. They allowed someone to come down and charge something to our room. The guy on clock at the time again attempted to act as though there was nothing that could be done. Very, very poor customer service. Amongst those incidents were some horrible horrible customer service issues that came about even after we'd left. I have to say that this branch gives Marriott a horrible name. They were very unprofessional and offered very poor customer service. When someone is paying hundreds of dollars to stay with you all, the "there's nothing we can do" attitude just isn't acceptable.
Moral of the story is, good customer service goes a long way, when problems arise it helps when the employees are professional and courteous. Everyday is not a good day, but you leave your problems at the door, go in to work and do your job. Respond to your customers the way you would want someone to respond to you. Good customer service can change someone's whole day and mood.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Debbie M, Owner at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2015
Dear Ms. Britni,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Towneplace Suites by Marriott Miami/Aiport West. we would first like to extend my sincere and deepest apologies for the customer service you recieved during your recent stay with us. We agree with you one hundred percent it does start with customer service. I have recently shared your input and feedback with our entire staff and have started to retrain my staff on customer service skills especially at the Front Desk recpetion where you should feel welcomed and invited. I hope Ms. Britni that you give us another opportunity to serve you better when your travels bring you back to the Miami area again.

Best Regards,

Omar Cruz
Operations Manager
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2015

The hotel was decent to just sleep in. Not so much spacious but I guess enough to rest. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, as well as the bathroom. Updated little kitchen and an ok sofa bed. We heard no noise. The only complaints would be that the room smelled very moldy like and that their breakfast area is too small to fit so many people in there. The front desk lady was very helpful and was nice enough to let us check in early. Really close to the Dolphin Mall and International Mall. If you're looking for a big pool this isn't the place....unless, they had another one elsewhere

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Debbie M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, June 6, 2015
Dear Ms. Fennie J,

Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your recent stay, we are disappointed to hear that you we fell short of exceed your stay experience. We are sincerly sorry for the smell you encountered in your rrom during your stay. Everything we do is aimed to provide our guest a most pleasant stay that will make them want to come back. I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this is an isolated issue. Thank you again for choosing the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West and we hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring you to the Miami area.

Best Regards,
Omar Cruz
Operation Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

This place is smelly, seriously every room and aisle smells like indian food. Maybe they should change the name to the Taj Majal or something like that, i got the room right next to the little room where breakfast is served and the reception door and the noise was unbearable, plus when I unfolded the sofa bed I found a condom wrapper on the floor. The staff is quite helpful and when I complained the next morning they changed my room to the fourth floor and away from the elevator. This room was better except the smell was still there (the smell was everywhere except the parking lot) and the mattress on the sofa bed looked like an elephant had slept in it for a few years (a photo is attached).

Seriously if you own a nose avoid this hotel like the plague. It may be spacious but that friggin' smell is everywhere and it is unbearable... They try to mask it using all types of ambient deodorizers but the smell is always there...like a haunting... The only reason I'm giving two stars instead of one is because the staff is very nice. A word of advice would be to get rid of the carpet and put some light colored tiles or something like that on the floor. Maybe that would help get rid of the smell and also make the rooms brighter (they are a bit dark). Also losing the kitchens may help except I don't know if the hotel purpose is for long term stays for patients of the hospital next door.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, May 25, 2015
Dear Flandivar1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided.While I am glad to hear that the staff was very nice and they were able to accommodate you in providing a room change, I am sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with the noise level and cooking odors you experienced during your stay. I can assure you this was an isolated issue. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team in effort to provide top notch accommodations.

Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

My room was clean. It was mostly families. The rooms are very basic. They have full kitchens, but my room had no sleep sofa so not sure why they call it a suite except for the kitchen. Carpets in the halls are a bit warn. I would never have thought that this was a Marriott property except it was. Counter person was pleasant, but they were short on staff. TownePlace suites is definitely quite a step down from even a Fairfield Inn or Springhill suites. It is ok, clean, bath is up to date. Walls seemed thick enough to block sounds. It's an ok hotel. needs some updates. Not a business hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2015
Dear Onemichael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are very important to us. While I am glad that to hear that your accommodations were clean and the service was pleasant, I am sorry to learn that we seemed short staffed at the time. We always try to exceed guest expectations and sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of this goal. We do our best to staff accordingly to provide the quality of service one would expect from Marriott.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Debbie Meiler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Element Miami Doral
Aloft Miami Doral
#18 of 21 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 219 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Miami Airport West

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!