You added TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area to your Saves list
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Doral
“Smelly...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This place is smelly, seriously every room and aisle smells like indian food. Maybe they should change the name to the Taj Majal or something like that, i got the room right next to the little room where breakfast is served and the reception door and the noise was unbearable, plus when I unfolded the sofa bed I found a condom wrapper on the floor. The staff is quite helpful and when I complained the next morning they changed my room to the fourth floor and away from the elevator. This room was better except the smell was still there (the smell was everywhere except the parking lot) and the mattress on the sofa bed looked like an elephant had slept in it for a few years (a photo is attached).

Seriously if you own a nose avoid this hotel like the plague. It may be spacious but that friggin' smell is everywhere and it is unbearable... They try to mask it using all types of ambient deodorizers but the smell is always there...like a haunting... The only reason I'm giving two stars instead of one is because the staff is very nice. A word of advice would be to get rid of the carpet and put some light colored tiles or something like that on the floor. Maybe that would help get rid of the smell and also make the rooms brighter (they are a bit dark). Also losing the kitchens may help except I don't know if the hotel purpose is for long term stays for patients of the hospital next door.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Flandivar1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided.While I am glad to hear that the staff was very nice and they were able to accommodate you in providing a room change, I am sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with the noise level and cooking odors you experienced during your stay. I can assure you this was an isolated issue. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team in effort to provide top notch accommodations.

Debbie Meiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

My room was clean. It was mostly families. The rooms are very basic. They have full kitchens, but my room had no sleep sofa so not sure why they call it a suite except for the kitchen. Carpets in the halls are a bit warn. I would never have thought that this was a Marriott property except it was. Counter person was pleasant, but they were short on staff. TownePlace suites is definitely quite a step down from even a Fairfield Inn or Springhill suites. It is ok, clean, bath is up to date. Walls seemed thick enough to block sounds. It's an ok hotel. needs some updates. Not a business hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2015
Dear Onemichael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are very important to us. While I am glad that to hear that your accommodations were clean and the service was pleasant, I am sorry to learn that we seemed short staffed at the time. We always try to exceed guest expectations and sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of this goal. We do our best to staff accordingly to provide the quality of service one would expect from Marriott.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

We arrived at midnight, so all we cared about was a bed. I used points so I can't really complain too much, other than we received a studio suite for our family of four and there was barely any bedding for the hideabed. The breakfast was adequate.

Stayed March 2015
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Dear Mudhonie,

Thank you for your recent review on TipAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are very important to us. I am sorry to hear that there was not enough bedding for the sofa bed in your room. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping team to ensure this was an isolated issue.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Terrible experience at this hotel. Front desk staff and managment very unfriendly, not helpful and down right rude. The hotel is run down , room smelled very musty and not very clean. Afraid to even eat the breakfast as the hotel is not well maintained. Pool was very dirty and extremely small. Hotel itself was very noisy at all hours of the day and night. No visible security on sight, I got a very strange and unsafe feeling staying at this hotel. I am a Marriott rewards member and have stayed at many Marriott hotels, this by far was the worst Marriott hotel, I have ever stayed at. I checked out after the first night. This hotel is so far from the high standards you would normally expect from a Marriott hotel, I would never recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear Captainfl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guest is very important to us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. My team and I strive to ensure that all guests receive the quality and service they come to expect from Marriott. We do out utmost to deliver clean accommodations and top notch service. It appears that we did not meet your expectations at this time. Please note that your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members to ensure that this was an isolated issue.
We certainly hope you would give us a second chance to regain your trust the next time you are in the Miami area. I will personally see to it.
Thank you again for your feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I spent 2 night at this hotel and have a weird I Don't Know about this Place Feeling. Upon checking I found the man behind the desk to be very plane and unsure of himself. It wasnt a warm feeling like in used too. My business partner is a platinum elite with lifetime platinum status and some how they only had him for 1 night in the system when the confirmation email showed 3 nights. This guy didn't know what to do and needed to speak with his manager to extend the stay the extra 2 nights. I took the elevator to the 3rd floor and exited to a weird odor. I went to my room and found it to be clean and presentable. The bed was very comfortable and i got a great nights sleep. Breakfast left something to be desired so i ate out every morning. I requested a late check out anf was told i could stay until 1:30 but they deactivated my keys well before that. So overall my initial checkin was flat. There was a weird odor that i cannot describe. The breakfast offers half of what there sister properties do. The women at the counter did do a great job helping me and was very pleasant. I did get a great nights sleep and the room eas very clean. The gym was super tiny. Overall i rare this hotel a 3 because it is clean and a good nights sleep but its missing some things that make it a comfortable place that i can recommend. For the money spent i have to say go some where else because i have a weird feeling about th e place.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Dear jamesdean29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guest are very important to us. While I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, I am deeply sorry to hear that your check in experience was not as pleasurable. Sincere feedback such as yours fosters improvement for future stays. For this reason, if your travels should bring you back to Miami, I hope you would give us another chance.

Warmest regards,

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

We stayed at this hotel this past December for the 3rd year in a row. The hotel is conveniently located as its near family and friends.

There is nothing special about this hotel, however it does the job and the people are really nice. Don't count on having breakfast there as the breakfast room is extremely small and we have almost never been able to use it.

We pay with Marriott points which is a deal, if paying full rate you may find better deals around.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Recently stayed at Towneplace Suites Miami, Doral. Had an excellent stay and the staff were fantastic. On arrival, though late, I was warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds were comfortable and each suite is fitted with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher etc. There is also a laundry for those who want to get some washing done and continental breakfast is available to get your day started. Did I mention that the staff were fantastic...just had to say it again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!