“barely average hotel experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Largo, Florida
“barely average hotel experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

My room was clean. It was mostly families. The rooms are very basic. They have full kitchens, but my room had no sleep sofa so not sure why they call it a suite except for the kitchen. Carpets in the halls are a bit warn. I would never have thought that this was a Marriott property except it was. Counter person was pleasant, but they were short on staff. TownePlace suites is definitely quite a step down from even a Fairfield Inn or Springhill suites. It is ok, clean, bath is up to date. Walls seemed thick enough to block sounds. It's an ok hotel. needs some updates. Not a business hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Onemichael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are very important to us. While I am glad that to hear that your accommodations were clean and the service was pleasant, I am sorry to learn that we seemed short staffed at the time. We always try to exceed guest expectations and sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of this goal. We do our best to staff accordingly to provide the quality of service one would expect from Marriott.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Debbie Meiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

We arrived at midnight, so all we cared about was a bed. I used points so I can't really complain too much, other than we received a studio suite for our family of four and there was barely any bedding for the hideabed. The breakfast was adequate.

Stayed March 2015
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mudhonie,

Thank you for your recent review on TipAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are very important to us. I am sorry to hear that there was not enough bedding for the sofa bed in your room. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping team to ensure this was an isolated issue.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Terrible experience at this hotel. Front desk staff and managment very unfriendly, not helpful and down right rude. The hotel is run down , room smelled very musty and not very clean. Afraid to even eat the breakfast as the hotel is not well maintained. Pool was very dirty and extremely small. Hotel itself was very noisy at all hours of the day and night. No visible security on sight, I got a very strange and unsafe feeling staying at this hotel. I am a Marriott rewards member and have stayed at many Marriott hotels, this by far was the worst Marriott hotel, I have ever stayed at. I checked out after the first night. This hotel is so far from the high standards you would normally expect from a Marriott hotel, I would never recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear Captainfl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guest is very important to us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. My team and I strive to ensure that all guests receive the quality and service they come to expect from Marriott. We do out utmost to deliver clean accommodations and top notch service. It appears that we did not meet your expectations at this time. Please note that your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members to ensure that this was an isolated issue.
We certainly hope you would give us a second chance to regain your trust the next time you are in the Miami area. I will personally see to it.
Thank you again for your feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I spent 2 night at this hotel and have a weird I Don't Know about this Place Feeling. Upon checking I found the man behind the desk to be very plane and unsure of himself. It wasnt a warm feeling like in used too. My business partner is a platinum elite with lifetime platinum status and some how they only had him for 1 night in the system when the confirmation email showed 3 nights. This guy didn't know what to do and needed to speak with his manager to extend the stay the extra 2 nights. I took the elevator to the 3rd floor and exited to a weird odor. I went to my room and found it to be clean and presentable. The bed was very comfortable and i got a great nights sleep. Breakfast left something to be desired so i ate out every morning. I requested a late check out anf was told i could stay until 1:30 but they deactivated my keys well before that. So overall my initial checkin was flat. There was a weird odor that i cannot describe. The breakfast offers half of what there sister properties do. The women at the counter did do a great job helping me and was very pleasant. I did get a great nights sleep and the room eas very clean. The gym was super tiny. Overall i rare this hotel a 3 because it is clean and a good nights sleep but its missing some things that make it a comfortable place that i can recommend. For the money spent i have to say go some where else because i have a weird feeling about th e place.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Dear jamesdean29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guest are very important to us. While I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, I am deeply sorry to hear that your check in experience was not as pleasurable. Sincere feedback such as yours fosters improvement for future stays. For this reason, if your travels should bring you back to Miami, I hope you would give us another chance.

Warmest regards,

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

We stayed at this hotel this past December for the 3rd year in a row. The hotel is conveniently located as its near family and friends.

There is nothing special about this hotel, however it does the job and the people are really nice. Don't count on having breakfast there as the breakfast room is extremely small and we have almost never been able to use it.

We pay with Marriott points which is a deal, if paying full rate you may find better deals around.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Recently stayed at Towneplace Suites Miami, Doral. Had an excellent stay and the staff were fantastic. On arrival, though late, I was warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds were comfortable and each suite is fitted with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher etc. There is also a laundry for those who want to get some washing done and continental breakfast is available to get your day started. Did I mention that the staff were fantastic...just had to say it again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

The name of the hotel is misleading. I thought I was going to an airport hotel that catered to overnight "before flight" clients. this was a residential suites/business suites type hotel in a warehouse district. The hotel is rundown, the pool was freezing, the "dining room" was horrid and the rooms were good sized, clean and comfortable with kitchenettes. They only have one queen sized bed, and a "poor fellow" fold down sofa. Not good. Basically the hotel is just run down.
The customer service was fine and friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Dear WillisBay Trading,

Thank you for your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West/Doral Area.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West
tps.miata.gm@marriott.com

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!